[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Huge decline in STHs???  (Read 12886 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Huge decline in STHs???
« on: August 31, 2021, 02:25:46 PM »
Now that the seat selection process is over, any word on STH numbers?

When I picked it sure seemed like a lot of available seats compared to past years.

To me it seems odd to have a big drop off now, considering no in-person games in 1.5 years, and a new/exciting coaching staff and roster.  Personally I can't wait to get back to the Fiserv Forum and see this team grow.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:29:58 PM by 94Warrior »

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Huge decline in STHs???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 02:27:17 PM »
Now that the seat selection process is over, any word on STH numbers?

When I picked it sure seemed like a lot of available seats compared to past years.

To me it seems odd to have a big drop off now, considering no I'm-person games in 1.5 years, and a new/exciting coaching staff and roster.  Personally I can't wait to get back to the Fiserv Forum and see this team grow.

I always sit in the lowest priced section. To me it seemed like that was filled up more than usual when I pick. Could be people are opting for cheaper options with some of the uncertainty.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 02:30:32 PM »
There is so much inventory in the lower bowl now that it just feels like no matter when you pick, you can end up in a section you want. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 02:38:56 PM »
To me it seems odd to have a big drop off now, considering no in-person games in 1.5 years, and a new/exciting coaching staff and roster.  Personally I can't wait to get back to the Fiserv Forum and see this team grow.

I think COVID had the opposite impact on a lot of people. They are realizing that their lives are just fine without attending live sports.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 02:39:57 PM »
More competition upstairs than in past years. I've increased my rank by 400 spots but got bumped two rows back in the section from 2019.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 02:40:34 PM »
I think COVID had the opposite impact on a lot of people. They are realizing that their lives are just fine without attending live sports.

Just about to say this exact thing.  Once people stop writing those checks, they find something else to do with their time and their money.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
People have to save that money to pay the athletes now!
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »
It’s not over—-still have a pick later today.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »

Or, their lifestages have changed. Thus, the move to the uppers, packs, or single games, especially with C19 lingering.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 03:50:48 PM »

This.

Plus a new wait-and-see attitude after years of disappointment.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 03:54:59 PM »
This.

Plus a new wait-and-see attitude after years of disappointment.
This as well. apathy sets in. There is such a disconnect this year. No casual fan has any familiarity with the whole program rn. Takes time. That along with what TAMU said. Covid will still be around to a notable level in 2 months. covid aside just not going to the games for a over a year and watching at home can lead to alot of poeple getting used to that and not wanting to switch back. Id be surprised to see a single sell out all season let alone actually getting 18k in there.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »
The account numbers are close to the same as in years past. Decline, yes. Yet, not huge.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
If the team does well in non conference, I believe there will be a pick up ticket sales for the conference games.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »
What is the huge drop doom and gloomers are talking about before all the picks are in. Maybe wait til the final numbers are in before you state all the reasons you know the numbers have taken a drastic drop off. Geez.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 10:06:38 PM »
Personally, I’ve always gotten 4 seats in the past, but only got 2 in a cheaper section this year because I’m not sure how many games I’ll actually make it to.  I’m guessing that’s pretty common.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 11:17:51 AM »
The effects of cancelling seasons (for fans) will have a lasting, and devastating, impact on fan attendance.  It's been seen with festivals and MLB, too.

It's a buyer's market for college football tickets, too (see UW football tickets on StubHub).

There are a variety of factors, but I would expect MU to be like everyone else.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Moved from downstairs to upstairs this year. Felt like I've wasted thousands of dollars watching Wojo, plus it's hard to see this season going uninterrupted because of COVID.

I wasn't going to renew with another year of Woj but the Shaka hire will at least have me in the cheap seats!

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 03:52:06 PM »
Warrior and others are correct.

COVID has put a BIG dent in peoples interest levels ... they have lived w /
out hoops and football.  It may stay that way ...

And ... lots of apathy.  Lots.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2021, 04:54:16 PM »

Hopefully Shaka can turn the apathy around.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 05:18:18 PM »

The Bucks run proved fans will fill FF and the DD
#justwinbaby

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 07:15:49 PM »
#justwinbaby
Yeah brother Dr. #WinEveryDay
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 07:40:49 PM »
#justwinbaby

Maybe lots of Milwaukee hoops fans decided that instead of spending their $$$ on a middle-of-the-pack (at best) Big East team they will go to a bunch of Bucks games.

Probably a different audience, in general -- a lot of college basketball fans proclaim to "hate" the NBA -- but the Bucks are pretty likable. Oh, and I hear they won a championship or something.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 08:22:48 AM »
I renewed.  Section 208. But I must admit, driving up and back from Chicago for each game is getting tougher.  Last up year, watching in ty was pretty good.   So I think the posters calling that out are right.  And the season is uncertain in terms of actually attending games.  Nit sure how that will work considering what’s happening with Covid.   

So, watching on tv became a fine alternative.    I renewed but will probably not make every game even if we can attend games - putting 17,000 or whatever in an indoor space for hours now seems remote. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2021, 04:19:21 PM »
I would imagine one of the biggest problems MU has with growing season ticket holders is .. in the past ~7 years of graduates .. very few had exciting, winning seasons to remember. 

As your season ticket holders die off, you need young replacements who are ready to plunk down decent money and go to 21 games a year.   

Even if you graduated a decade ago .. the shine is off the apple. 

Add in the fact that one of the massive draws to having season tickets (at the Bradley Center) was that was (sort of) the only way to get lower bowl tickets.   Now with Wojo, Covid, and the Chaluparena you can sit in the lower bowl no problem.  No need to buy 21 games when you can just buy the 5 you want.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2021, 08:53:32 PM »
#justwinbaby

The whole Deer District mania was people looking for something to do with no Summerfest (what's going on now is ridiculous).  It was college and high school kids having a blast.

MU bball has nothing going for it now.  No superstar on the roster to interest the fans, a rather disappointing group of players brought in by Shaka, and years of growing apathy all combining to make MU basketball an afterthought in the area.

And the comment earlier about cheap tix on the secondary market for many events is spot on. A friend was just in NYC and bought tickets for Springsteen on Broadway on Stubhub for half price. 

feedback