[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Yellow Whales?  (Read 1873 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Yellow Whales?
« on: August 11, 2021, 08:44:06 PM »
They are extremely cool.  Can dive 6000 ft and stay underwater for close to 4 hrs.  :)

# yellow badasses

tower912

• All American
Re: Yellow Whales?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:55:48 PM »
What are they afraid of?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 09:05:31 PM »
What are they afraid of?

Jagoff humans.  They are highly, highly, intelligent Tower.  I would be vindictive if I was them but they are kind and pacifists.  I'm excluding Orcas of course.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »
I saw the subject line and thought our sports teams had a new name.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 11:07:25 PM »
I saw the subject line and thought our sports teams had a new name.

The San Diego schools should consider changing their nicknames.  I'll admit I bought a Seattie Kraken cap. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 05:12:10 AM »
They pair well with Pinot too.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 10:59:21 AM »
Well they're not yellow whales anymore than black German Shepard isn't a different type of dog, just a color morph.  But beaked whales, which they are, are pretty awesome and lesser known for sure.

My Uncle was stationed in Hawaii for awhile, also grew up there as a military kid, he had a picture in his office for awhile that he took of a Cuvier's Beaked Whale he saw that was reddish, almost maroon.  It was wild.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »
Well they're not yellow whales anymore than black German Shepard isn't a different type of dog, just a color morph.  But beaked whales, which they are, are pretty awesome and lesser known for sure.

My Uncle was stationed in Hawaii for awhile, also grew up there as a military kid, he had a picture in his office for awhile that he took of a Cuvier's Beaked Whale he saw that was reddish, almost maroon.  It was wild.

That's right JWags.  But this was the first time we really got such tremendous and clear footage of the "yellow morphed" Cuvier Beaked Whales.  They are master divers. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:23:21 AM by MuggsyB »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 12:50:47 PM »

Had that last Lent with cheese curds and a concrete mixer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 01:26:56 PM »
The San Diego schools should consider changing their nicknames.  I'll admit I bought a Seattie Kraken cap.

Just got back from visiting my daughter, SIL and new(ish) grandson in Seattle. I was given a Kraken sweatshirt, t-shirt and cap for belated Father's Day ... and I love 'em. It's a great logo, and I think the alternate logo is even better. I was so enthusiastic about a cap I saw with the alternate logo that I think I already know what I'll be getting for my birthday!

Right now these are fun conversation pieces. Not many Kraken-gear-wearing folks in Charlotte!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
They pair well with Pinot too.
Don't they all?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2021, 02:33:43 PM »
Just got back from visiting my daughter, SIL and new(ish) grandson in Seattle. I was given a Kraken sweatshirt, t-shirt and cap for belated Father's Day ... and I love 'em. It's a great logo, and I think the alternate logo is even better. I was so enthusiastic about a cap I saw with the alternate logo that I think I already know what I'll be getting for my birthday!

Right now these are fun conversation pieces. Not many Kraken-gear-wearing folks in Charlotte!

I have a sweet powder blue Kraken cap and it has gotten universal praise here in Cali.  The logo is badass and I have zero doubt Kraken existed.  I think they could lift ships.   :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 02:35:30 PM »
I have a sweet powder blue Kraken cap and it has gotten universal praise here in Cali.  The logo is badass and I have zero doubt Kraken existed.  I think they could lift ships.   :)

Stanley Cup Champion-ships?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 02:46:21 PM »
Stanley Cup Champion-ships?

They should have Tennyson shirts with his mug on the front and the Kraken on the back.  It's conceivable they are waiting for the right time to emerge?  I may have to talk to a Viking period scholar. 

feedback