collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 181179 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #975 on: February 11, 2022, 10:29:23 AM »
Yeah....I think the East is actually a harder road than the West this year.  I honestly have no idea who the favorite is right now but if Durant is right they have the ultimate sledgehammer and serious motivation.  And the more I look at that trade, the more I think Philly got fleeced.   

Initially my thought was that Brooklyn is gearing towards next year but they may have time to figure it out.   I know this isn't news but Durant can't be guarded.  If he gets more opportunities because Harden is a toddler that helps Brooklyn.   They will be much better defensively and have plenty of guys to space the floor.   

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #976 on: February 11, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
The Bucks weren’t exactly juggernauts last year in the regular season. Their stats when their Big 3 play in games is still elite. With the shortened offseason and Olympics, I think they are just trying to peak for the playoffs.

I actually think if Brook can come back in the regular season, they are probably set up better than they were last year. Although, the Pat C injury definitely doesn’t help. They still have to get some guys on the buyout market.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #977 on: February 11, 2022, 10:43:15 AM »
The Bucks weren’t exactly juggernauts last year in the regular season. Their stats when their Big 3 play in games is still elite. With the shortened offseason and Olympics, I think they are just trying to peak for the playoffs.

I actually think if Brook can come back in the regular season, they are probably set up better than they were last year. Although, the Pat C injury definitely doesn’t help. They still have to get some guys on the buyout market.

Who Cheebs? 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #978 on: February 11, 2022, 12:04:53 PM »
I dunno. The East looks tougher than the West this season.

That could be an issue though for whoever the East representative is.

Playing three tough series versus the Warriors and the Suns who seems extremely likely to roll early and face each other in the WCF.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #979 on: February 11, 2022, 02:05:14 PM »
That could be an issue though for whoever the East representative is.

Playing three tough series versus the Warriors and the Suns who seems extremely likely to roll early and face each other in the WCF.

Perhaps. Or the East winner will be "battle tested"!

The good thing is we'll get to see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #980 on: February 11, 2022, 02:07:16 PM »
From today’s Action Network article by Matt Moore:

The Nets have a ridiculous amount of shooters, especially if Joe Harris comes back this season. Irving, Durant, Harris, Curry, and Patty Mills are all elite. But of course you can only play so many on the floor together.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #981 on: February 11, 2022, 08:28:10 PM »
Lol just saw a Tweet about Jimmy Butler saying he wants the NBA to allow brawls. The Tweet was along the lines of, “Jokic broke his teammate’s neck and he just stood there.” So true. Well, of course, until they were separated by about 90 feet and 100 people when he went all tough guy.

But that Tweet was so good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #982 on: February 14, 2022, 09:40:13 PM »
DeRozan is something else man. Was at the UC tonight and it felt like everything he shot in the fourth quarter was automatically going in.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #983 on: February 15, 2022, 12:27:13 PM »
Bembry is a nice addition to the Bucks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #984 on: February 15, 2022, 01:03:11 PM »
DeRozan is something else man. Was at the UC tonight and it felt like everything he shot in the fourth quarter was automatically going in.

DeRozan is no worse than top-5 MVP candidate IMHO. Incredible numbers, and a huge impact on an otherwise young team that seemed at least a year away when the season began. Very good argument could be made for top-3.

Embiid and Giannis in some order, followed by DeRozan and Ja in some order? Then maybe Jokic, Steph and Paul. Luka can get in the mix too if he stays healthy and Mavs keep winning.

But I love DeRozan's game and what he's meant for the Bulls.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #985 on: February 15, 2022, 01:13:33 PM »
DeRozan is no worse than top-5 MVP candidate IMHO. Incredible numbers, and a huge impact on an otherwise young team that seemed at least a year away when the season began. Very good argument could be made for top-3.

Embiid and Giannis in some order, followed by DeRozan and Ja in some order? Then maybe Jokic, Steph and Paul. Luka can get in the mix too if he stays healthy and Mavs keep winning.

But I love DeRozan's game and what he's meant for the Bulls.

To me it's Jokic and Embiid at 1 and 1A.  Then Giannis at 3.  Then Steph, Ja, Luka, DeRozan in some order.  I think the top 3 have kind of separated themselves from the rest, though.  I think Jokic and Giannis both have some "voter fatigue" from being the MVPs of the last 3 seasons, and they're still widely considered to be in the top 3 right now.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #986 on: February 15, 2022, 01:43:35 PM »
To me it's Jokic and Embiid at 1 and 1A.  Then Giannis at 3.  Then Steph, Ja, Luka, DeRozan in some order.  I think the top 3 have kind of separated themselves from the rest, though.  I think Jokic and Giannis both have some "voter fatigue" from being the MVPs of the last 3 seasons, and they're still widely considered to be in the top 3 right now.

VORP rankings:

1. Jokic
2. Giannis
3. Embiid

That's how I'd rank them as MVP candidates.  But like you said, voter fatigue could cost Giannis and Jokic since Embiid is so close.

With Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr both injured, Jokic has done a remarkable job keeping the Nuggets a playoff team.  I feel like he's really getting shortchanged in the MVP discussion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #987 on: February 15, 2022, 01:53:33 PM »
VORP rankings:

1. Jokic
2. Giannis
3. Embiid

That's how I'd rank them as MVP candidates.  But like you said, voter fatigue could cost Giannis and Jokic since Embiid is so close.

With Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr both injured, Jokic has done a remarkable job keeping the Nuggets a playoff team.  I feel like he's really getting shortchanged in the MVP discussion.

Jokic currently has the highest PER in the history of the NBA.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #988 on: February 15, 2022, 02:49:38 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean to diminish Jokic at all. I do think where the team finishes will influence some voters, though. And BLM makes a good point about "voter fatigue" -- that's why Barkley and Malone were able to win MVPs when Jordan obviously should have.

As for DeRozan, there was a pretty long stretch where the Bulls had one player after another out with Covid or injuries, and he was the constant as they hung in there.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #989 on: February 15, 2022, 09:25:11 PM »
Take a look at Giannis' stat line tonight when you get a chance.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #990 on: February 15, 2022, 11:49:33 PM »

Good thing the Bucks traded his azz. He'll never amount to anything.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #991 on: February 16, 2022, 09:13:16 AM »
Lol at LeBron Tweeting that the Dodgers and Lakers should join the Rams for their championship parade.  The dude just cannot let other athletes get the limelight without inserting himself.  Not to mention they're not even the reigning champions in their league anymore.

Because nobody has given him the credit and respect he deserves, let me be the first to say congratulations King, on your Mickey Mouse title.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #992 on: February 16, 2022, 02:31:20 PM »
Giannis now leads the NBA in points per game while being 54th in minutes per game.  He also leads Embiid in just about every efficiency category.  If the season ended today it probably should be Giannis or Jokic, with Embiid a very close third for MVP.  But a lot of game left.  It'll be interesting to see how things change if teams start getting complete (Harden with the Sixers, Brook and Pat with the Bucks, Murray and Porter Jr. with the Nuggets) after the All Star Break.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #993 on: February 16, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
It should be Jokic, but it likely won't be.

As you mentioned earlier, best PER in NBA history. Porter and Murray out all season. Their bench is terrible. He's dragging them to a playoff spot.

Giannis has been excellent as well but unless the Bucks get the 1 seed, I don't think he should get it over Jokic. Embiid will likely get it due to voter fatigue.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #994 on: February 16, 2022, 09:39:59 PM »
Bulls signing their Giannis stopper in Tristan Thompson.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #995 on: February 16, 2022, 09:48:46 PM »
Bulls signing their Giannis stopper in Tristan Thompson.

He’ll be too busy procreating to put in any defensive work

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #996 on: February 16, 2022, 10:29:47 PM »
Not that it matters (they weren't going anywhere) but Anthony Davis could be out for the year.  That looked bad. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #997 on: February 17, 2022, 09:26:18 AM »
I've never been a fan of the "combo stat," as in ... "He's only the 8th player in NBA history to score 30 points on 60% shooting, with 8 rebounds and 8 assists in 4 straight games." I actually chuckle when the ESPNers (or other talking heads) call that a "record."

However, this seems pretty impressive to me ...

DeMar DeRozan became the first player in NBA history to score 35 or more points while shooting 50 percent or better from the floor in seven straight games.

I mean, think about all the great scorers these last 75 years -- including 7-footers whose average shooting distance was 2 feet from the basket. It's a little surprising that neither Wilt nor Shaq nor Kareem ever did that.

DeRozan lives 15-20 feet from the hoop. Damn, what a season he's had.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #998 on: February 17, 2022, 09:39:35 AM »

the dude scored 50 points taking only 21 shots in 36 minutes plus 14 bounds and 4 assists
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #999 on: February 17, 2022, 11:51:22 AM »
Bucks should have listened to the vaccine & NBA personnel expert and "traded his azz" I guess.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback