[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 179840 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2021, 08:17:38 PM »
Bud extended by 3 years. Made me eat a lot of crow this past year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2021, 08:35:06 PM »
Bud extended by 3 years. Made me eat a lot of crow this past year.

This is Scoop and you’re never wrong
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »
David Aldridge in The Athletic ranked every team's offseason moves (including drafts, trades and FA signings), and had the Bulls at #4:

Chicago has never, during the long history of the franchise, been able or much interested in getting significant free agents. Some Bulls regimes have put forth the effort and gotten close (Dwyane Wade in 2010); the more recent vintages haven’t tried much at all. But the Artūras Karnišovas-Marc Eversley front office targeted and hit on Ball, who should fit in nicely. It’s hard to see what the issue was with Ball in New Orleans; he progressed across most categories in his two seasons there (improving from a ghastly 57 percent from the line in 2019-20 to 78 percent last season, and from a .511 effective field goal percentage to .537). My analytics friends blanched at the high price tag, in salary and picks, Chicago gave up for the 32-year-old DeRozan, and it was a lot. But how long are Bulls ticket holders supposed to wait for a better product on the floor? Chicago’s new players should impact collectively: Zach LaVine won’t have to always guard the opposition’s top wings down the stretch (Caruso); he won’t have to play make as well as score (Ball) and he won’t have opposing defenses tilting his way all the time (DeRozan). Caruso could have happily spent the bulk of his career attached to a supernova — in his case, LeBron — at very good money. But he chose Chicago. Dosunmu could step in if the Bulls decide to move White, either alone or in tandem with former fellow first-rounder Lauri Markkanen, before the start of camp. There’s no one “great” thing the Bulls did this offseason. But there was a lot of good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2021, 04:26:33 PM »
This Chris Webber story is rather bizarre. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2021, 04:25:21 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2021, 07:59:20 PM »
https://www.nba.com/bucks/news/milwaukee-bucks-name-lisa-byington-television-play-play-announcer

Honestly, never heard of her.  Some BIG shoes to fill though.

Me either, but she's well credentialed, especially for a small market regional network. But broadcasting for a championship team means her voice will get lots of play.

Does NBATV have its own crew or does it tap into regional broadcasts?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »
She's done a few BEast games.  I really haven't heard enough of her to make a judgement one way or the other.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »
Lisa has been on BTN for years now! Football, men's and women's basketball. Last couple of year's has done play by play for football on BTN. Does some men's and women's Big East games as well on FS1.

This past year she was one of the 10 teams for CBS/Turner coverage of the NCAA Tournament doing play by play. Some famous games Santa Barbara vs. Creighton,  Abilene Christian vs. Texas and Oral Roberts vs. Florida, Lisa was the boardcaster on that most did watch.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:58:08 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2021, 06:50:23 AM »
IIRC, she did the Marquette-Murray State NCAA tournament game in 2019.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
IIRC, she did the Marquette-Murray State NCAA tournament game in 2019.
It was Carter Blackburn and Debbie Antonelli.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »
She's done a few BEast games.  I really haven't heard enough of her to make a judgement one way or the other.
I thought she did a solid job on those Big East games. Was very professional .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
Hope she duzant pull a Rachel Nichols, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
Hope she duzant pull a Rachel Nichols, aina?
I saw Rachel Nichols about 12 years ago at a Super Bowl party , spent a little time talking to her, she was in sporting form then, Her tires have a lot of wear on the tread these days…
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »
It was Carter Blackburn and Debbie Antonelli.

You're correct. I was thinking of MU-Purdue in 2019.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2021, 01:15:19 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32249592/nbarank-2021-ranking-best-players-2021-22-25-6

Came up earlier, but ESPN has Jrue as the 22nd best player.  Other names that have been mentioned in this thread; Khris at 19, Trey Young at 17, Booker 15, Tatum 14, Sabonis came in at 40 fwiw.  I could probably find a few nits to pick, and the top 5 hasn't come out yet, where you fill always be able to find some heated debates, but I think this list is pretty good for the most part.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2021, 06:06:12 PM »
Andrew Wiggins says he’ll only get vaccinated if he’s forced to. San Francisco requires all participants and spectators at indoor events to be vaccinated.

So either that will be enough to “force” him to get vaccinated… or he will skip all of the Warriors’ home games.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2021, 07:50:30 PM »
Andrew Wiggins says he’ll only get vaccinated if he’s forced to. San Francisco requires all participants and spectators at indoor events to be vaccinated.

So either that will be enough to “force” him to get vaccinated… or he will skip all of the Warriors’ home games.

Me thinks Jimmy Butler was right about Wiggles.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »
The NBA is planning to crack down on "foul hunting" -- a shooter getting a defender up in the air and then moving forward into the defender's downward path to draw a foul.

In other words, basically Rowsey's "The Thing."

It's long overdue, and I hope they really enforce it rather than give it a go during the exhibition season and then forget about it once the season starts.

As a Marquette fan, I loved it when Rowsey would get 4-point plays or 3 FTs. At the same time, I also felt it was unfair that defenders were penalized for going straight up and down on shot fakes.

It wasn't Rowsey's "fault." All he was doing was taking advantage of the refs giving him the calls. Same with all the NBA players. Now, there is a rule against it in the NBA. Those who do "The Thing" not only will not get the call, they will be called for a foul themselves -- the same way a shooter who kicks out his leg is supposed to be called for an offensive foul.

If the NBA is successful at enforcing it, expect it to be enforced in college and high school ball soon, too. It's common sense.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2021, 06:48:42 PM »
Does anyone know if Kyrie Irving is refusing to get vaccinated because he had COVID before?  I can't imagine he'll just pay close to $500K per home game missed.    But it will help the Buck repeat
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:51:44 PM by MuggsyB »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2021, 07:12:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Kyrie Irving is refusing to get vaccinated because he had COVID before?  I can't imagine he'll just pay close to $500K per home game missed.    But it will help the Buck repeat

It doesn't matter if he had COVID before.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:23 PM »
The NBA is planning to crack down on "foul hunting" -- a shooter getting a defender up in the air and then moving forward into the defender's downward path to draw a foul.

In other words, basically Rowsey's "The Thing."

It's long overdue, and I hope they really enforce it rather than give it a go during the exhibition season and then forget about it once the season starts.

As a Marquette fan, I loved it when Rowsey would get 4-point plays or 3 FTs. At the same time, I also felt it was unfair that defenders were penalized for going straight up and down on shot fakes.

It wasn't Rowsey's "fault." All he was doing was taking advantage of the refs giving him the calls. Same with all the NBA players. Now, there is a rule against it in the NBA. Those who do "The Thing" not only will not get the call, they will be called for a foul themselves -- the same way a shooter who kicks out his leg is supposed to be called for an offensive foul.

If the NBA is successful at enforcing it, expect it to be enforced in college and high school ball soon, too. It's common sense.

Harden may be out of the league by mid-season.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »
It doesn't matter if he had COVID before.

That's not what he asked though.  He's not saying "he shouldn't have to" if that was the case, just wondering if he gave a reason.

Im getting more and more the vibe of Kyrie pulling a Barry Sanders and walking away as a star in his prime.  He's made $160MM in salary, not including another $35MM this year, plus $15MM+ a year the last few years from Nike cause his shoes are insanely popular.  He's an odd duck and I can see him just walking away to go pursue a bunch of other stuff.  Always struck me as someone who is a prodigy but never LOVED basketball like some of the greats.

Also, I like Kyrie a lot and have always thought he was misunderstood but him being an anti-vaxxer is one of the least surprising things ever.  He'd basically be in the first 5 NBA players named if you asked who would be vax holdouts in the league before it began.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
That's not what he asked though.  He's not saying "he shouldn't have to" if that was the case, just wondering if he gave a reason.

Im getting more and more the vibe of Kyrie pulling a Barry Sanders and walking away as a star in his prime.  He's made $160MM in salary, not including another $35MM this year, plus $15MM+ a year the last few years from Nike cause his shoes are insanely popular.  He's an odd duck and I can see him just walking away to go pursue a bunch of other stuff.  Always struck me as someone who is a prodigy but never LOVED basketball like some of the greats.

Also, I like Kyrie a lot and have always thought he was misunderstood but him being an anti-vaxxer is one of the least surprising things ever.  He'd basically be in the first 5 NBA players named if you asked who would be vax holdouts in the league before it began.

Let me be clear. I don’t care what his reasons are.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2021, 08:08:34 PM »
Let me be clear. I don’t care what his reasons are.

You've made that clear.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »
Would you want Simmons and his contract if you were an NBA GM?  I wonder how he would do with Curry and Thompson? 

feedback