collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Steve Novak opposes library sign addressing systemic racism  (Read 13410 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Steve Novak opposes library sign addressing systemic racism
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »
After reading 82's comments, I think Novak should be erased from the MU basketball history books.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 11:46:44 AM »
.. Not every person or community is inherently racist. Posting a sign like this conveys to me that the library is saying the police, and townfolk are racist..

This was the summary of the objections.   While I believe this is a massive exaggeration, conflating "recognizing systemic racism" with "everyone here is racist" .. it's not entirely inaccurate.  People are unsurprisingly sensitive to being called racist.  I am too.

And just to add some context .. Over the past ~10 years, WFB has gone from a 51/49 village, to a 71/29 liberal enclave.   

It's .. unfortunate that four (my count) objectors were able to give the area a huge black eye. 

The whole debacle hangs on that schmuck Village President for sure, though.  8-)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 11:48:12 AM »
You're right, probably nothing wrong with the intent of the message. 

My guess is Novak read it differently which is his right.  My guess is that his behavior towards others that he interacts with is just fine.  That said, many (not saying you TAMU) will overreact to this.  82 has already compared him to the KKK.

IBTL.

Maybe I'm interpreting the post differently but where'd 82 compare him to the KKK? It would seem to me that he posted those stories as proof that there is actual racism and white power organizations that have infiltrated the system. examples systemic racism.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »
back when you were employable.   You know, prior to the whole slutshaming debacle, and your "retirement".

Gotta call this out.  This is the kind of creepy internet-stalking-get-involved-in-business-you-know-nothing-about that got Keefe called out

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 11:53:26 AM »
This was the summary of the objections.   While I believe this is a massive exaggeration, conflating "recognizing systemic racism" with "everyone here is racist" .. it's not entirely inaccurate.  People are unsurprisingly sensitive to being called racist.  I am too.

Simply denying systemic racism exists doesn't mean it just goes away.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 11:55:55 AM »

Simply denying systemic racism exists doesn't mean it just goes away.

Oh.  It'd be nice, though!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 11:57:09 AM »
Gotta call this out.  This is the kind of creepy internet-stalking-get-involved-in-business-you-know-nothing-about that got Keefe called out

It's public record.  No stalking involved.

rocky's edit:  what you posted is the very definition of doxxing a random internet person.  If you want to point out a post where he openly shared all this info, have at it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:11:17 PM by rocky_warrior »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with an organization trying to raise awareness for their cause. It seems the issue is there was no review process for placing an advertisement in that particular location. Many people were upset seeing the ad at the library, hence the sign was removed. A more transparent review process for things like this should prevent this from happening going forward.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 12:09:07 PM »
It's public record.  No stalking involved.

https://www.milforddailynews.com/article/20080731/NEWS/307319988

Write stupid, misogynist chit for a series of newspapers, get called out for being a mysognist slut shamer.  He's acknowledged that it was his article. 

No statute of limitation on mistakes anymore, right?

If I were a racist like you, I'd attack non-racists with lies in passive-aggressive posts, too.

You don't know what you're talking about with the Erin Andrews column; you have lied about it repeatedly.

And your obsession with me is just plain strange. Of course, I tried to work things out with you in private last year, but you gave me the back of your hand. Shows just how small and pathetic you are, which is a pretty common trait in racists and liars like you.

Now go defend the guy who tried to get wades fired again. That was a real good look for you, too.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »

And just to add some context .. Over the past ~10 years, WFB has gone from a 51/49 village, to a 71/29 liberal enclave.   

It's .. unfortunate that four (my count) objectors were able to give the area a huge black eye. 

The whole debacle hangs on that schmuck Village President for sure, though.  8-)

I’ve started drafting impeachment paperwork.

I agree with most. Not sure Novak’s objection here unless it was just looking for a reason to complain. I live in WFB and certainly don’t view it as immune to systemic racism. There’s so much stuff that people do unconsciously everywhere that we don’t always recognize it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »
This thread is making me thirsty
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
If I were a racist like you, I'd attack non-racists with lies in passive-aggressive posts, too.

You don't know what you're talking about with the Erin Andrews column; you have lied about it repeatedly.

And your obsession with me is just plain strange. Of course, I tried to work things out with you in private last year, but you gave me the back of your hand. Shows just how small and pathetic you are, which is a pretty common trait in racists and liars like you.

Now go defend the guy who tried to get wades fired again. That was a real good look for you, too.

Lots of insults, but not a lot of facts.  So typical of internet bullies like you.  Similar to misogyny.

Still waiting for proof that I'm racist.   I bet we'll get Chico's "other shoe to drop" info first.

"What did I do to you?"  Beta-male.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 12:22:47 PM »
A library said it wanted to do its part in fighting systemic racism, the degree and boundaries of which many of us are unable to fully appreciate. Stupid comment by Steve but what an insanely stupid article (and thread).

Also, I don't know Ziggy or read the boards enough to know what the hell it's all about, but dude needs to RE-LAX.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »
After reading 82's comments, I think Novak should be erased from the MU basketball history books.

Bring down his statue. Like it never happened, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 12:44:30 PM »
A sign addressing systemic racism was recently removed from the Whitefish Bay Public Library grounds following vocal criticism from some in the community — including former Milwaukee Bucks player Steve Novak.

The sign, which was placed in a rock garden display outside the library by Bay Bridge Wisconsin — a group that focuses on "raising awareness of racial and cultural bias in our community" — described its vision for the North Shore suburb.

"Whitefish Bay will be a welcoming community that recognizes systemic racism, and actively works to address and dismantle it," the sign read. "How will you be a bridge in helping to repair and build a more equitable community?"

"There is an offensive sign posted in front of the public library that incorrectly generalizes our community. It says that Whitefish Bay recognizes systemic racism," Novak, who works as an analyst for the Bucks on Bally Sports Wisconsin (formerly Fox Sports Wisconsin), wrote in a June 8 email to Nyama Reed, the library's director. "What group has taken the liberty of speaking for our community in such a hateful, damaging and inaccurate way?"

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/07/26/whitefish-bay-library-removes-sign-addressing-systemic-racism/8016856002/
I don't know Steve personally, but I'm guessing he's not racist at all and simply finds it offensive for the same reason the "hate has no home" and "in this home we believe" signs are offensive to some. 

IBTL.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »
Lots of insults, but not a lot of facts.  So typical of internet bullies like you.  Similar to misogyny.

Still waiting for proof that I'm racist.   I bet we'll get Chico's "other shoe to drop" info first.

all of yall take this board too seriously.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »

Yeah ... I'm the bully, you obsessive stalker.

I mean, just look at this thread. I made a comment about the OP and I provided a link to an extremely interesting, eye-opening article about racism in society. And you couldn't resist making a passive-aggressive attack that was filled with lies.

Which is par for the course from you.

I have been all but ignoring you on Scoop for a long time now; I wanted to move on, and I didn't want to subject our fellow Warriors and Golden Eagles to all this silliness. But your bizarre, pathetic obsession with me won't let you do the same.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 12:50:42 PM »
I’ve started drafting impeachment paperwork.

I agree with most. Not sure Novak’s objection here unless it was just looking for a reason to complain. I live in WFB and certainly don’t view it as immune to systemic racism. There’s so much stuff that people do unconsciously everywhere that we don’t always recognize it.

Little known fact: you can walk into Moxie and scream MUSCOOP at the top of your lungs and drink for free.  They send Topper the bill.  I do it twice a week.  Try it tonight.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »
Yeah ... I'm the bully, you obsessive stalker.

I mean, just look at this thread. I made a comment about the OP and I provided a link to an extremely interesting, eye-opening article about racism in society. And you couldn't resist making a passive-aggressive attack that was filled with lies.

Which is par for the course from you.

I have been all but ignoring you on Scoop for a long time now; I wanted to move on, and I didn't want to subject our fellow Warriors and Golden Eagles to all this silliness. But your bizarre, pathetic obsession with me won't let you do the same.

What lies?  Are you that bitter that Erin Andrews is a millionaire, household name, while you live off of your old lady and day trade?  That you were blacklisted in your chosen profession?  It was quite a run that you had until you went all sexist and ruined your career. (Taken from your publicly posted blog that was at the end of the linked article that is a publicly posted column.)

And waiting for you to back up you accusations of racism.   If you can't, then you should be banned (again). Personal attacks.

I'm not so desperate for attention and internet friends that I share personal details like you do.  This is nothing but amusement for me.  You take the bait like a starving largemouth bass.  Every. Time.

It's not stalking to provide a public record counterpoint to all of the crap that you post on here (and get locked) to show your true character or lack there of. 

Have a good day, pal.  You'll get the last word, as usual.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 01:04:56 PM »

Toxic

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »
Its offensive to some, especially to those that dont believe in systemic RACISM in all persons,communities. Difference between have inherent biases or subconscious stereotyping. Big leap to going from that to racism.

Systemic racism does not mean every person and every community is racist. It means it is widespread.

Biases and stereotyping also have little to do with systemic racism.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »
Systemic racism does not mean every person and every community is racist. It means it is widespread.

Speaking of widespread, how ya been, Jockey?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 01:20:31 PM »
3-2-1 until the Arby's stimulus checks arrive

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2021, 01:23:16 PM »
What lies?  Are you that bitter that Erin Andrews is a millionaire, household name, while you live off of your old lady and day trade?  That you were blacklisted in your chosen profession?  It was quite a run that you had until you went all sexist and ruined your career. (Taken from your publicly posted blog that was at the end of the linked article that is a publicly posted column.)

And waiting for you to back up you accusations of racism.   If you can't, then you should be banned (again). Personal attacks.

I'm not so desperate for attention and internet friends that I share personal details like you do.  This is nothing but amusement for me.  You take the bait like a starving largemouth bass.  Every. Time.

It's not stalking to provide a public record counterpoint to all of the crap that you post on here (and get locked) to show your true character or lack there of. 

Have a good day, pal.  You'll get the last word, as usual.

Pretty much everything in that opening paragraph is a lie, of course. But you're a liar, so you already knew that.

Your defense for your racist statement about Jordan -- that other people were saying it so that made it OK -- is comical. And racist.

Thanks for admitting that you're an obsessed stalker, though.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2021, 01:24:28 PM »
Speaking of widespread, how ya been, Jockey?

Don’t even know what that means.

But I am doing fantastic. Life is good. Another vacation next week. What could be better?

feedback