Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The Athletic: "Twelve thoughts from Shaka Smart on Marquette’s 12 players"  (Read 11501 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Given that I'm in the wedding planning process it's more what my fiancé wants

I kid... my parents and her parents are also spending my money on what they want.

Can I spend your money on what I want?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
Can I spend your money on what I want?

That would be the best preparation for married life.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GOO

• All American
That would be the best preparation for married life.

I think Garcia is gone.  But I would think if we got Morsell, we'd have a better shot at bringing Garcia back.  He wouldn't be a threat to Garcia as far as taking shots away, but would help the team in all other areas.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
I know we're all pumped about the program now that Wojo is gone and Shaka is here. We have 2 returning players and 9 newcomers for sure. Over the 7 seasons that Wojo was here one of my main criticisms was his inability to coach players up and make the team perform better than its individual parts. I look forward to see if Shaka is better than Wojo and will give him 3 seasons to get the program rolling and quite frankly no one knows how this team will perform next season. What we do know is that the program could not continue the way it was going.

No disagreement from me what so ever. I am excited about the future. Just was hoping with the immediate eligibility rules that we’d be able to see a tourney level team year 1. I don’t think we’re anywhere near that at the moment.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

willie warrior

• All American
Ha! Just spit out my bourbon.
That is a cardinal sin.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

BrewCity83

• All American
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Given that I'm in the wedding planning process it's more what my fiancé wants

I kid... my parents and her parents are also spending my money on what they want for that too.

Assuming all Scoopers will be invited, maybe its time for a scoop poll on necessary wedding reception addons.

I haven't figured out yet quite how I'll do it, but if I get invited, I promise to bring the Al statute with me.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Lens

• All American
Assuming all Scoopers will be invited, maybe its time for a scoop poll on necessary wedding reception addons.

I haven't figured out yet quite how I'll do it, but if I get invited, I promise to bring the Al statute with me.

Imagine the fight to see who gets to bring Chick, MomOfMU and Jutaw...rest of losers have to go stag.  Does Glow have a "Patrick Baldwin Sr. like" built-in advantage?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American

Sadly only Dodds will be invited, because we want a fancy blender.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Sadly only Dodds will be invited, because we want a fancy blender.

Like a Vitamix and a Blendtec ... in a blender?

tower912

• All American

Al had a law?     Was it the one about the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores?    Because that one doesn't apply anymore.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
Al had a law?     Was it the one about the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores?    Because that one doesn't apply anymore.
Yeah, many become transfers or draft wannabees nowadays.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Yeah, many become transfers or draft wannabees nowadays.

If they don't want a higher education or to play at the college level,  don't waste time recruiting them. Let them play in Bulgaria.

panda

• All American
If they don't want a higher education or to play at the college level,  don't waste time recruiting them. Let them play in Bulgaria.

How dare they make money off of their short term athletic life span?!

feedback