[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Athletic: "Twelve thoughts from Shaka Smart on Marquette’s 12 players"  (Read 11596 times)

Pakuni

• All American

Galway Eagle

• All American
Anyone wanna share their username and password?

;D
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American

;D

sure,

user: thomasacrean@uga.edu
pass: Hundredgrand$

the H in Hundred is capitalized.  Enjoy!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lawdog77

• All American

;D
Username: cheapskate
Password: signupforfreepreview

Liked OSA's diet, and his comments about OMP

JakeBarnes

• All American
Username: cheapskate
Password: signupforfreepreview

Liked OSA's diet, and his comments about OMP

Agreed. O-Max is gonna be a real wild card for us. I think he'll be a nice surprise.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS

;D

Anyone with an Athletic subscription gets a couple of shareable passes, glad to send one your way BUT would caution you that they get you to sign-up to use the pass and will charge you membership fee if you forget to cancel before the free pass expires (my old man learned the hard way #TechIsHard)

The membership is worth the $5/month IMHO, I pay for JSOnline digital too....this is the only way I can get MU news outside of Scoop
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
I'm pretty sure Scoop doesn't allow massive cuts and pastes to get around paywalls.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Carl

• Team Captain
Mods please dont hesitate to delete if that breaks some sort of rule

The Lens

• All American
Carl is officially the bad boy of #mubb
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
Positive boiler plate.      And what we all kind of already knew in our hearts.     Lots of energy, lots of upside, lots of distance to go. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tha Hound

• All American
I'm pretty sure Scoop doesn't allow massive cuts and pastes to get around paywalls.

SHUT UP NERD

UWW2MU

• All American
Damn there's some cheap people here.   Some people complain about the lack of Marquette content on TheAthletic, but we can't get people to pay $1-5 a month (depending on current promos) for quality reporting.  Same goes for the JS.  Without subscribers, how long do we expect to keep professional level reporting?  (no offense to our top notch bloggers who bring a different value-set to the table)

Galway Eagle

• All American
I feel like I was clearly not actually hoping someone would send me their password.

Jesus some of you are nut jobs assuming asking for 1 article is an indictment on how I spend all my money.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:02:09 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Totally agree it's your prerogative on how you want to spend your money

But from someone that has a subscription, there are 5-10 articles a month where I think to myself that even one of them would make it worth the price of admission and I would highly recommend it to anyone on the fence

BrewCity83

• All American
I needed an article like that.  It's been really hard for me to keep track of who all the new guys are and how they might contribute.  Even though it's a very preliminary summary, it helps my brain sort the new guys out a bit better.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Mods--maybe delete? Paywalls exist for a reason--so they can pay people that make the content everyone here seems to be so thirsty about the contents of taht they begged to use other people's logins

People could have gotten the article for $1 right now if they just signed up. Be better.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Totally agree it's your prerogative on how you want to spend your money

But from someone that has a subscription, there are 5-10 articles a month where I think to myself that even one of them would make it worth the price of admission and I would highly recommend it to anyone on the fence

Agreed. The quality of Marquette coverege with JS and also the content of the Athletic both make it worth it.

UWW2MU

• All American
I feel like I was clearly not actually hoping someone would send me their password.

Jesus some of you are nut jobs assuming asking for 1 article is an indictment on how I spend all my money.

Huh... here I was assuming if you need a new pair of underwear that you turn to a random internet forum and ask members for theirs second hand.   My bad!      ;)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Mods please dont hesitate to delete if that breaks some sort of rule

Removed.  In general, a small interesting snippet (<= 3 sentences), or your own summaries are fine.  Full cut-n-paste and we can get cease and desist letters.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Luckily I read it before it was taken down.

Consider it my 1 article free trial
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Removed.  In general, a small interesting snippet (<= 3 sentences), or your own summaries are fine.  Full cut-n-paste and we can get cease and desist letters.

https://archive.ph/iaoX0

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

JakeBarnes

• All American

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

JakeBarnes

• All American
Oh god, won't someone think of the Venture Capitalists! https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/the-athletic/company_financials

What!? They have investors!? But I thought they were privately held by a writers union!?!?

Everyone has backing. Writers need clicks though to justify their jobs--and inflow of subscriptions to pay their salaries. That's a dumb argument.

Moreover, everyone here bitches how we don't get enough coverage. Finally a national publication shows they're gonna focus more on Marquette-specific content and instead of supporting it everyone's like "well, if I have to pay for it I don't want it!" and then the coverage disappears because no one supports it. Then everyone here bitches how we don't get enough coverage.

So yeah, I stand by my statement-- Yall are kinda sad.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:25:38 PM by JakeBarnes »