collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 269908 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #1900 on: November 04, 2021, 08:47:48 AM »
So now the question is, what’s a fair punishment for Rodgers and the Packers?

In my opinion, Rodgers gets suspended for a week, and the Packers forfeit a 5th round pick.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1901 on: November 04, 2021, 09:02:49 AM »

In my opinion, Rodgers gets suspended for a week, and the Packers forfeit a 5th round pick.

I’m not sure what the punishment would be for unless I missed them not following protocols. It sounds like preseason you don’t need a mask on the sidelines, as well as if you are playing in the regular season. Cousins has been doing in-person pressers.

The NFL may have relaxed some of the protocols based on his treatment, who knows. I guess I’m not understanding the immediate jump to Packers did anything against the rules. Just because the media didn’t know he wasn’t vaccinated doesn’t mean the NFL or Packers didn’t. It seems pretty clearly everyone did.

If the investigation shows that they did, by all means there should be punishments. I don’t think any violations have been made public.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1902 on: November 04, 2021, 09:08:01 AM »

My prediction is a fine a day 3 pick, NFL balks at suspension preferring the ratings with him on the field to the buzz keeping him off.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1903 on: November 04, 2021, 09:23:31 AM »

Nothing less than a ban for life for rodgers and loss of 1st rounders the next three years for the pack will satisfy me.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1904 on: November 04, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »

My opinion, the NFL had no problem with anything that was going on, and supported it. They wanted a star front and center (Rodgers), with in person pressers.

The NFL, and most major sports look the way for their stars, rules/PEDs/etc.

But now this is public, so they may have to do something to maintain the ruse that they treat everyone equally. I expect a fine, and maybe a 6th or 7th round pick loss.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1905 on: November 04, 2021, 10:10:15 AM »
I should have mentioned, the reason for punishment is, in part, to set precedent. The 31 other franchises are very curious how this plays out, and the Packers not having an owner might put them in a bit of a more precarious spot here.

To me, suspending Rodgers a week and the Packers losing a 5th or 6th round pick, makes this story go away. Rodgers would miss the Seattle game, which he’d only have one day of practice for.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: November 04, 2021, 10:17:44 AM »
I should have mentioned, the reason for punishment is, in part, to set precedent. The 31 other franchises are very curious how this plays out, and the Packers not having an owner might put them in a bit of a more precarious spot here.

To me, suspending Rodgers a week and the Packers losing a 5th or 6th round pick, makes this story go away. Rodgers would miss the Seattle game, which he’d only have one day of practice for.

I'd bet cash that this ends up as a slap on the wrist.  I'd be utterly shocked if the punishment was as harsh as you're suggesting.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1907 on: November 04, 2021, 10:22:03 AM »
The arrogance of Rodgers around all of this is pretty amusing.  Especially now that people are starting to speculate if this was part of his negotation with the Packers to put the drama of the summer aside and come back.  Bring in Cobb, do this and that, oh and also, I'm not getting vaccinated cause I drank some antibody water in Canada.  Take it or leave it.

Additionally, Id be curious to see how many people trying to justify/make excuses/defend Rodgers duplicity are also the same ones mocking/criticizing/castigating other unvaxxed players and athletes.

The Packers spin about "he was following protocol behind closed doors in the facility" already feels like prep with the league to say that this was all a misunderstanding, all good and yea, the punishment will be minimal at best.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1908 on: November 04, 2021, 10:26:26 AM »
I'd bet cash that this ends up as a slap on the wrist.  I'd be utterly shocked if the punishment was as harsh as you're suggesting.

The New Orleans Saints would like a word with you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1909 on: November 04, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
I've yet to see anything in this story that leads me to think the Packers will be or should be penalized.

They're already getting "penalized" this week -- their best player and the defending league MVP can't play against a desperate KC team.

I don't know how anybody, whether or not a Packer fan, can justify what Rodgers did (or actually, didn't do). A very selfish act by a "leader" who let down his teammates and coaches.

And I say all the above as a non-Packer fan (or hater) who very much appreciates Rodgers' talent and who enjoys watching him play.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1910 on: November 04, 2021, 10:32:50 AM »

Yeah, but that was due to a multitude of violations by several people within the organization, including the coaching staff, spread over an entire season.
I'm not sure that's really an apples to apples comparison to what Rodgers may or may not have done.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1911 on: November 04, 2021, 10:35:49 AM »

Violations in 2020 are probably not going to be the same as 2021.  Plus that was cash and a 7th rounder... right?

If the tapes show otherwise, you may be more correct, but that'd be speculation at this point.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1912 on: November 04, 2021, 10:40:23 AM »
Yeah, but that was due to a multitude of violations by several people within the organization, including the coaching staff, spread over an entire season.
I'm not sure that's really an apples to apples comparison to what Rodgers may or may not have done.

The Halloween party photos/video are the nail in the coffin here. If the Saints got dinged for having a get together with maskless players pre-vaccine, it’s not helping Green Bay’s cause that Rodgers was with his teammates maskless.

From the AP:

“The punishment for New Orleans stems specifically from at least one maskless celebration and other questions, with All-Pro running back Alvin Kamara catching a lot of heat at one point for socializing in public in close proximity to others while maskless.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1913 on: November 04, 2021, 10:45:26 AM »
Nothing less than a ban for life for rodgers and loss of 1st rounders the next three years for the pack will satisfy me.

That would be awesome
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1914 on: November 04, 2021, 10:45:40 AM »
The Halloween party photos/video are the nail in the coffin here. If the Saints got dinged for having a get together with maskless players pre-vaccine, it’s not helping Green Bay’s cause that Rodgers was with his teammates maskless.

From the AP:

“The punishment for New Orleans stems specifically from at least one maskless celebration and other questions, with All-Pro running back Alvin Kamara catching a lot of heat at one point for socializing in public in close proximity to others while maskless.”

From ESPN:

A league source said the Saints were punished because of multiple violations and warnings, even beyond the three that were reported during the season. Those reported incidents included:
• The Saints being fined $250,000 and coach Sean Payton being fined $100,000 because Payton was not properly wearing a mask on the sideline during a Week 2 game.
• The Saints being fined $500,000 and losing a seventh-round draft pick as repeat offenders because Payton and players were spotted without masks during a postgame celebration in Week 9.
• The Saints facing further discipline after a person not employed by the team was spotted in proximity to players when the league reviewed video while following up on running back Alvin Kamara's close contacts when he tested positive in December.

A league source specified that the Week 9 incident was just one of multiple infractions and that the Saints weren't singled out for the nature of the players dancing in the video or the fact it was posted on social media

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31100559/new-orleans-saints-forfeit-6th-round-pick-2022-draft-covid-19-violations

Again, multiple infractions involving multiple players and the coaching staff. I could be very wrong, but I don't see the league coming down even harder on the Packers than they did the Saints over the actions of one player, especially if there's not evidence that the coaching staff and organization were complicit.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1915 on: November 04, 2021, 10:46:48 AM »

From the AP:

Okay, but what if everyone else at the party was vaccinated?  And Rodgers never told them he wasn't.  Is it the team's job to police all of its players all of the time, even at personal social engagements?

Also, I'm not defending Rodgers' behavior at all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: November 04, 2021, 10:53:20 AM »
I don't know how anybody, whether or not a Packer fan, can justify what Rodgers did (or actually, didn't do). A very selfish act by a "leader" who let down his teammates and coaches.

Its partially fueled by Rodgers "smartest guy in the room" schtick that was mentioned earlier here.  Instead of it being the "I'm doing my own research" trope that gets widely mocked, Ive seen and heard multiple people being like "well he did alternative treatment and sought it out on his own, its not like he's denying COVID".  Its all spin for someone on a team they like who has built a brand off of being wise and cerebral...doing something dumb and lying about it

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1917 on: November 04, 2021, 10:57:20 AM »
Its partially fueled by Rodgers "smartest guy in the room" schtick that was mentioned earlier here.  Instead of it being the "I'm doing my own research" trope that gets widely mocked, Ive seen and heard multiple people being like "well he did alternative treatment and sought it out on his own, its not like he's denying COVID".  Its all spin for someone on a team they like who has built a brand off of being wise and cerebral...doing something dumb and lying about it

Well said.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1918 on: November 04, 2021, 11:05:55 AM »
Wait to see?

I’m not trying to argue with any of you guys here either. I think something happens and I appreciate the back and forth. Good points made by different people, I enjoyed the thoughtful back and forth.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1919 on: November 04, 2021, 11:10:58 AM »
One of the frustrating things about trying to Nostradamus the punishment is that the NFL is so historically arbitrary when it comes to handing down punishments that I'm not even sure how useful any prior cases might be in predicting here.

The Saints case is sorta analogous, but even if it were perfectly analogous, I wouldn't bet a Kidney on Goodell being consistent because he never has been before. Why would he start now?

Also, even though I'm a Packers fan I would laugh for days if ZFB's punishment came to fruition.

Side note: They should have just vaccinated him and told him it was his magic water. "Yeah, we read up on your witch doctor's protocol and we're cool with it, but only if you get it once every 21 days. From us." (proceed to give him two real shots and the remainder as placebos)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1920 on: November 04, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »
One of the frustrating things about trying to Nostradamus the punishment is that the NFL is so historically arbitrary when it comes to handing down punishments that I'm not even sure how useful any prior cases might be in predicting here.

The Saints case is sorta analogous, but even if it were perfectly analogous, I wouldn't bet a Kidney on Goodell being consistent because he never has been before. Why would he start now?

Also, even though I'm a Packers fan I would laugh for days if ZFB's punishment came to fruition.

Side note: They should have just vaccinated him and told him it was his magic water. "Yeah, we read up on your witch doctor's protocol and we're cool with it, but only if you get it once every 21 days. From us." (proceed to give him two real shots and the remainder as placebos)

ZFB for NFL commissioner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1921 on: November 04, 2021, 12:54:55 PM »
Okay, but what if everyone else at the party was vaccinated?  And Rodgers never told them he wasn't.  Is it the team's job to police all of its players all of the time, even at personal social engagements?

Also, I'm not defending Rodgers' behavior at all.

I find it hard to believe the players thought Rodger was vaccinated since he apparently always wore a mask indoors (not counting his pressers), they know who's vaxxed and not vaxxed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1922 on: November 04, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »
I find it hard to believe the players thought Rodger was vaccinated since he apparently always wore a mask indoors (not counting his pressers), they know who's vaxxed and not vaxxed.

I find it hard to believe that players knew he was unvaccinated and that information never leaked to the press.

A lot of people who are vaccinated still wear masks indoors.  In fact, it is still required in Dane County to this date.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1923 on: November 04, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
ZFB for NFL commissioner.

Can’t beat the paycheck
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1924 on: November 04, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »
Antonio Brown seen rising a bike with a walking boot. Don’t know if he went to Jimmy Johns.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/11/2/22759597/antonio-brown-injury-walking-boot-riding-a-bike-bucs-bye-week
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback