collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270272 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #1750 on: November 01, 2021, 12:25:31 PM »
A 2nd and a 3rd this year, SHEESH.  Rams going for it.

Donald on the inside with Von Miller on the outside, and a revitalized Leonard Floyd opposite him, is terrifying.

Definitely a good move for LA.

But I think it was a very good move for Denver, as well. Miller didn't figure in their plans and they get 2 high draft picks to help in their re-build.

The Bears could learn a little something here. Quit trading draft picks (4 1sts, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, 1 5th, and 1 6th) for Trubiskey, Mack, and Fields. Plus a 6th rounder for a returner who does zero to help a losing team.

Start acquiring draft picks. Do it now. You need offensive line help. The defense is getting worse by the day with only 2 quality guys left. Hicks, Mack, Trevathan are just shells of what they used to be. If there was ever a time for a fire sale, this is it.

Fields, Roquan, and Jalen should be the ONLY untouchables.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1751 on: November 01, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »

But I think it was a very good move for Denver, as well. Miller didn't figure in their plans and they get 2 high draft picks to help in their re-build.

The Bears could learn a little something here. Quit trading draft picks (4 1sts, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, 1 5th, and 1 6th) for Trubiskey, Mack, and Fields. Plus a 6th rounder for a returner who does zero to help a losing team.

Start acquiring draft picks. Do it now. You need offensive line help. The defense is getting worse by the day with only 2 quality guys left. Hicks, Mack, Trevathan are just shells of what they used to be. If there was ever a time for a fire sale, this is it.

Mack is a shell?

Edit: www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/pff-ranks-bears-khalil-mack-no-6-best-player-nfl%3famp

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: November 01, 2021, 12:34:26 PM »
I guess relative to the All Consuming World Destroyer Mack was a few years ago he's not that. He's still a helluva player that every time in the league would be thrilled to line up for them.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1753 on: November 01, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »

it's really only a 2nd, as Von will almost certainly get a 3rd back as a comp pick if he leaves. So if he stays in LA, you get a key piece, or its a 2nd for a high-end rental.

Still a lot in my mind, but not out of this world. This is the type of move a contender should make in a wide open field.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: November 01, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »
it's really only a 2nd, as Von will almost certainly get a 3rd back as a comp pick if he leaves. So if he stays in LA, you get a key piece, or its a 2nd for a high-end rental.

Still a lot in my mind, but not out of this world. This is the type of move a contender should make in a wide open field.

Especially since the recipe to beat GB has been the same for a long time. Pressure 12 with your front 4 and play coverage. Rodgers will hold the ball too long, take sacks, get flustered, and press, and the game is over. I guess this year maybe with Jones/Quadfather GB might, might, *might*, try to run their way out of that defensive scheme, but adding Miller to the LA line is a clear chess move to make them better suited to crush GB in the playoffs.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #1755 on: November 01, 2021, 01:23:54 PM »
I thought Von Miller was on a pretty steady decline. Was I wrong on that?
not that far off. Denver is mediocre at best, Von is 32 and currently injured. good deal for LA making a run this year though. Like someone said, he was probably gone after this year anyway

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1756 on: November 01, 2021, 01:24:23 PM »
Mack is a shell?

Edit: www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/pff-ranks-bears-khalil-mack-no-6-best-player-nfl%3famp

His numbers dropped a lot in 2019 & 2020. He’s been hurt off & on this year.

When fully healthy, he’s still a top 2 or 3 LB. he hasn’t been for a while.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1757 on: November 01, 2021, 01:30:06 PM »
If Jenkins was a 1st round talent, some team would have taken him in the 1st round. Left tackle is a premium position.

As much as Peters has gone downhill, he is still the best tackle on the Bears. Thank you, Mr. Pace.

As for people saying the offensive line played well, I think maybe you were watching the wrong game. “Playing well” does not mean having more than a dozen plays for loss against a depleted defense.

Thats hilariously simplistic.  Aaron Rodgers was a top 10 talent talked about as the top pick overall that almost fell out of the first round. DK Metcalf was a first round talent that went in the second round cause people thought he worked out too much.    It happens every year for any number of reasons.  He went 9 picks into the second round, maybe cause people in the 20s didn't like that he had an injury late in his career.  Its not like they are saying 1st round talent about a 4th round pick.

Nobody is saying the line played well.  They said Borom has played pretty well.  But if you have 1 lineman playing exceptionally and the other 4 stink, your line is still garbage. 

I guess relative to the All Consuming World Destroyer Mack was a few years ago he's not that. He's still a helluva player that every time in the league would be thrilled to line up for them.

Right, also the Bears are in a completely different place now than they were 3-4 seasons ago.  With a decent QB and a competent coach that was a team that was ready to win.  Using moves from back then in the lens of the 2021 Bears is quite flawed.

If Mack is a shell, he's still at minimum a red shell from Mario Kart.  Dude was a 2nd team All Pro last year and made his 6th straight Pro Bowl.  Stop digging man

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: November 01, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »
The Packers should call the Bears on Akiem Hicks. The cap space, his remaining 2021 salary just barely fits (but it does fit). The Bears front office is too meatbally to do it though.

He's the player on the Bears roster, if I was a contending GM, I'd be calling about. LAC makes way too much sense. NE would have to get a little creative and shed a little over $1 million to make it happen, but Hicks has played there before.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1759 on: November 01, 2021, 03:12:28 PM »
Thats hilariously simplistic.  Aaron Rodgers was a top 10 talent talked about as the top pick overall that almost fell out of the first round. DK Metcalf was a first round talent that went in the second round cause people thought he worked out too much.    It happens every year for any number of reasons.  He went 9 picks into the second round, maybe cause people in the 20s didn't like that he had an injury late in his career.  Its not like they are saying 1st round talent about a 4th round pick.

Metcalf didn't fall to the second round because people believed he worked out too much. He dropped because he had suffered a serious, potentially career-ending neck injury in college and there were questions about his ability to develop into a receiver who could run the full route tree. Those questions still exist, by the way, but he's so good at the things he can do that those deficiencies can be masked.

As for Jenkins, he slipped because there are questions about his ability to play the left side in the NFL. He's an absolute mauler, but has short arms for a tackle and at times struggled with speed rushers off the edge. Last year, for example, Joseph Ossai (Bengals 3rd round pick out of Texas) had three sacks and 6 TFLs when matched up against Jenkins.
The reality is he went right in the range of where he was projected to go. And nobody knows until he actually plays 15-20 games whether or not that was a good pick.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1760 on: November 01, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »
I like the Von Miller pick up by the Rams. They are the favorite now to win the NFC
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:05:36 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1761 on: November 01, 2021, 05:58:40 PM »
I like the Avon Miller pick up by the Rams. They are the favorite now to win the NFC

What is she selling for them?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1762 on: November 01, 2021, 08:28:50 PM »

Pink Caddys still, I think.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1763 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:58 AM »
Correction noted
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1764 on: November 02, 2021, 08:20:07 AM »
Why fix it?  Riffs off of typos make the world a happier place.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:15 AM »
Things are going great in Cleveland.

Odell Beckham Sr. appears to be sending a message that Odell Beckham Jr. wants out of Cleveland before today’s NFL trade deadline.
Beckham Sr. posted a video on Instagram that blamed his son’s lack of production in Cleveland on Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, showing highlights of plays on which Beckham got open and Mayfield failed to deliver the ball to him.
The words, “Every missed opportunity Odell was open” appeared on the screen before the collection of Mayfield lowlights. In the comments on his video, Beckham Sr. agreed with a fan who said that Mayfield just doesn’t want to get Beckham Jr. the ball.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/02/odell-beckham-sr-posts-video-putting-blame-for-his-sons-lack-of-production-on-baker-mayfield/

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1766 on: November 02, 2021, 09:52:53 AM »

Odell Beckham Sr. appears to be sending a message that Odell Beckham Jr. wants out of Cleveland before today’s NFL trade deadline.
Beckham Sr. posted a video on Instagram that blamed his son’s lack of production in Cleveland on Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, showing highlights of plays on which Beckham got open and Mayfield failed to deliver the ball to him.
The words, “Every missed opportunity Odell was open” appeared on the screen before the collection of Mayfield lowlights. In the comments on his video, Beckham Sr. agreed with a fan who said that Mayfield just doesn’t want to get Beckham Jr. the ball.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/02/odell-beckham-sr-posts-video-putting-blame-for-his-sons-lack-of-production-on-baker-mayfield/

Best part is he thought this would help.

Thanks, Dad!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1767 on: November 02, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »

Is Beckham still considered an elite receiver? If answer is yes, then maybe Packers should inquire.
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1768 on: November 02, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
Is Beckham still considered an elite receiver? If answer is yes, then maybe Packers should inquire.

I'm sure they are, but I'm comfortable with what the Packers have at WR currently.  I'd much rather have some DL help.  The pass rush is pretty atrocious.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:06 AM »
I'm not one to be like "OBJ is a cancer" or a team killer or whatever.  But I do believe the Browns in their current iteration are a terrible fit for him.  He wants a lot of looks and touches, which is fine, and he's coming back from injury, which is also fine.  But the Stefanski Browns are a run first team, with a tremendous running attack.  Baker isn't slinging the ball around.  He's only averaging a bit over 30 attempts a game since Stefanski came over, and thats including pretty substantial involvement from RBs in the passing game. 

So you have a former stud WR trying to get your mojo back, on a team where you have a reliable guy like Landry who Baker has had since he became a starter and DPJ who is coming on strong...its just not a great fit.

Sure his Dad popping off is dumb and a distraction.  There clearly isn't some agenda by Baker to not get him the ball. But I actually understand it from an underlying football perspective.

Elite?  Not right now in current form, but the potential is still there.  He's not even 30 yet.

I don't know what kind of draft capital they have or would offer, or how they feel about the season without Jameis, but the Saints make A LOT of sense. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1770 on: November 02, 2021, 10:11:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1455546633060560903

Dianna Russini
@diannaESPN
The Cleveland Browns have no plans on trading Odell Beckham Jr. by today’s trade deadline, per sources.
I was told there haven’t been any offers that would make sense for the organization.

Well, that ended that saga quickly.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1771 on: November 02, 2021, 10:12:42 AM »
Honestly, Allen Robinson for OBJ makes a lot of sense.

Browns get a receiver back, OBJ gets to leave Cleveland and Robinson would be happy leaving Chicago.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1772 on: November 02, 2021, 10:42:29 AM »
I'm sure they are, but I'm comfortable with what the Packers have at WR currently.  I'd much rather have some DL help.  The pass rush is pretty atrocious.

I think the pass rush is going to come from Mercillus and Z'darius coming back.

I think they trade for a TE with Tonyan getting hurt.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: November 02, 2021, 11:18:02 AM »
I'm not saying this to pick on anyone, but most people assume you can trade someone in the NFL with no issue, and completely forget the salary cap.

Without slicing $3 million elsewhere, there's zero chance the Packers could trade for OBJ (as an example, I'm not picking on the Packers here by any means). OBJ's remaining cap hit this year is nearly $8 million. The question isn't should the Browns trade OBJ, the question is who needs him AND can afford him. Cincy/Pitt/LAC/Wash/Car/Sea/Den/Jax/Phil...those are the teams that could trade for him, but why would any of them do so?

It's the same reason Allen Robinson isn't going anywhere, no team is taking on $9 million for the rest of 2021.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: November 02, 2021, 11:54:15 AM »
Packers are releasing Jaylon Smith, per Schefter

feedback