collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270380 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #1725 on: October 31, 2021, 03:29:18 PM »
A tie for Tennessee would be as good as a win in this game.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1726 on: October 31, 2021, 04:02:54 PM »

This could not be going any worse for Nagy's already terrible perception.  Fields has looked much better and their offense has looked completely less pathetic.  Its still a hopeless team, but there is a different vibe for sure.  Put him on a bus back to KC

Nagy needs to go, but it won’t really matter unless Pace goes with him. That offensive line is a joke. Pace’ plan to fix it was to draft an injured guy in the 2nd round. When you give all that draft capital away every few years in a futile effort to find a QB without having anyone who knows how to coach a QB, you are just sinking the team even more.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1727 on: October 31, 2021, 04:06:01 PM »
And giving up almost 500 yards to THAT offense?

The pendulum is definitely not swinging upwards.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1728 on: October 31, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »
Jameis Winston's knee should not bend that way.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1729 on: October 31, 2021, 07:07:56 PM »

Nagy needs to go, but it won’t really matter unless Pace goes with him. That offensive line is a joke. Pace’ plan to fix it was to draft an injured guy in the 2nd round. When you give all that draft capital away every few years in a futile effort to find a QB without having anyone who knows how to coach a QB, you are just sinking the team even more.

Eh, I thought Larry Borom was actually really encouraging on the right side.

Played well week one before he got injured and played well again today to where they actually had to move Bosa to the middle instead of the edge.

Other then that, yea blow up the offensive line. But it’s a bit unfair to rag on Jenkins this early.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1730 on: October 31, 2021, 07:44:40 PM »

Played well week one before he got injured and played well again today to where they actually had to move Bosa to the middle instead of the edge.

Other then that, yea blow up the offensive line. But it’s a bit unfair to rag on Jenkins this early.

I think whitehair is a solid piece

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1731 on: October 31, 2021, 07:59:54 PM »
Win by the Saints tightens that division race up .

Bucs had an incredible amount of penalties . They have to eliminate those if they want to make progress in the playoffs
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1732 on: October 31, 2021, 08:15:57 PM »

Jenkins was actually a very good pick, had first round talent and has tons of potential.  Injuries happen, its not like a chronic thing all through college that continues to be an issue.  His back problem in college was completely different.  The surgery was routine and successful and he should be back this season.

But yes, Borom has potential. Whitehair has been reliable, but the main issue is the rest of their tackles are horrid.  Simmons and Wilkinson are just guys at best, stink out loud at worst.  Jason Peters should be put on an ice flow and pushed out to sea.  Ifedi was mediocre before he got injured.

Shockingly the Bears draft this year looks decent.  Fields and Jenkins are high upside.  And Borom and Herbert have been good in limited action, which is all you can ask for out of late round picks. 

Pace still needs to be talking to movers come January

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1733 on: October 31, 2021, 08:27:59 PM »
Jenkins was actually a very good pick, had first round talent and has tons of potential.  Injuries happen, its not like a chronic thing all through college that continues to be an issue.  His back problem in college was completely different.  The surgery was routine and successful and he should be back this season.

But yes, Borom has potential. Whitehair has been reliable, but the main issue is the rest of their tackles are horrid.  Simmons and Wilkinson are just guys at best, stink out loud at worst.  Jason Peters should be put on an ice flow and pushed out to sea.  Ifedi was mediocre before he got injured.

Shockingly the Bears draft this year looks decent.  Fields and Jenkins are high upside.  And Borom and Herbert have been good in limited action, which is all you can ask for out of late round picks. 

Pace still needs to be talking to movers come January

Do you have more info/explanation on the bolded?

Can you also define "routine" in the context of elective spinal surgery?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1734 on: October 31, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
Do you have more info/explanation on the bolded?

Can you also define "routine" in the context of elective spinal surgery?

The reports were his OSU back issue were a lumbar strain.  The more current, Bears training camp injury that necessitated the surgery had a nerve component (i read various articles saying he had some accompanying nerve pain down his leg).  From what I could find/read at the time, his surgery was a microdisectomy, which is removing problematic disc that is compressing the spinal nerves.

As for routine, its probably the most common spinal surgery.  It wasn't some unique or severely chronic injury, it was a very common surgery that has a relatively quick recovery time in comparison.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1735 on: October 31, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
The reports were his OSU back issue were a lumbar strain.  The more current, Bears training camp injury that necessitated the surgery had a nerve component (i read various articles saying he had some accompanying nerve pain down his leg).  From what I could find/read at the time, his surgery was a microdisectomy, which is removing problematic disc that is compressing the spinal nerves.

As for routine, its probably the most common spinal surgery.  It wasn't some unique or severely chronic injury, it was a very common surgery that has a relatively quick recovery time in comparison.

Thanks.

I never saw anything differentiating his college injury vs this injury.

I also never saw a definitive diagnosis or surgical procedure

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: October 31, 2021, 10:42:32 PM »
Thanks.

I never saw anything differentiating his college injury vs this injury.

I also never saw a definitive diagnosis or surgical procedure

The Bears were pretty tight lipped about it to the press, but they did specifically state that his training camp/pro back issue was different than the issue in college.  Nagy and Pace both publiclly said his surgery was a common one that was successful. 

The rest I found when I was digging into some other sources.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1737 on: October 31, 2021, 10:43:01 PM »
Whoever calls the plays for Minnesota should be looking for work tomorrow.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1738 on: November 01, 2021, 08:14:30 AM »
Jameis Winston out for the year.  Derrick Henry likely out for the year.  Woof
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1739 on: November 01, 2021, 08:28:09 AM »
Whoever calls the plays for Minnesota should be looking for work tomorrow.

Klint Kubiak, who definitely didn't get the job because his dad retired.

Anyway, the problem is Zimmer.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/general-news/the-case-for-firing-zimmer-pt-1-the-offensive-coordinator
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1740 on: November 01, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »

And yesterday I had just come to the conclusion that Tennessee is the best team in the AFC.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1741 on: November 01, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »

And yesterday I had just come to the conclusion that Tennessee is the best team in the AFC.

It’s Buffalo.  Probably
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1742 on: November 01, 2021, 09:35:51 AM »

Like I posted when it happened, his knee is not supposed to bend that way.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1743 on: November 01, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »

Wow. I saw that Winston was done, but I didn't even know about Henry getting hurt. I guess I didn't watch the wrap-up shows at the right time.

Devastating for the Titans, who as FBM said might have been the best team in the conference. Looks like that's Buffalo ... at least for now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1744 on: November 01, 2021, 10:36:07 AM »

Klint Kubiak, who definitely didn't get the job because his dad retired.

Anyway, the problem is Zimmer.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/general-news/the-case-for-firing-zimmer-pt-1-the-offensive-coordinator

At least the writer of the article died before the season started so he didn't have to watch the Queens this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1745 on: November 01, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »
Von Miller to the Rams.  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1746 on: November 01, 2021, 11:42:44 AM »

A 2nd and a 3rd this year, SHEESH.  Rams going for it.

Donald on the inside with Von Miller on the outside, and a revitalized Leonard Floyd opposite him, is terrifying.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1747 on: November 01, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »

If Jenkins was a 1st round talent, some team would have taken him in the 1st round. Left tackle is a premium position.

As much as Peters has gone downhill, he is still the best tackle on the Bears. Thank you, Mr. Pace.

As for people saying the offensive line played well, I think maybe you were watching the wrong game. “Playing well” does not mean having more than a dozen plays for loss against a depleted defense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1748 on: November 01, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »
They want someone to chase down Murray.   And Brady again, if needed.  And AR.   The arms race among the NFC SB contenders begins.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1749 on: November 01, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »
I thought Von Miller was on a pretty steady decline. Was I wrong on that?