collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270236 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
Gotta remember that all of those 1st rounders would be in the 25-32 range.

Yup. I think NYG would be pretty good with Rodgers. At least on offense.

That said, I’m not really entertaining trades unless Rodgers has zero intention of playing in Green Bay no matter what happens. Or Love looks like the second coming of Mahomes.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »

That said, I’m not really entertaining trades unless Rodgers has zero intention of playing in Green Bay no matter what happens. Or Love looks like the second coming of Mahomes.

I agree completely.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »
Dey ain't peddlin' him ta no NFC teem. Wur he ta bee traded, and eye don't tink sew, it'll bee ta sumwear in da AFC, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

As a Giants fan that has to be the worst deal ever. If I were the Giants I would trade first round drafts only for the top offensive and defensive tackles.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »
As a Giants fan that has to be the worst deal ever. If I were the Giants I would trade first round drafts only for the top offensive and defensive tackles.

I'd say there's 0 chance the NYGs are trading for Aaron Rodgers.  Not Gettlemen's MO.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2021, 05:34:22 PM »
Speculation on adverse PR for Aaron Rodgers

https://sports.yahoo.com/has-green-bay-turned-on-aaron-rodgers-210606049.html

Just dumb. No matter what happens he will be given a standing O when his number is retired.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
Rodgers skips first OTA. 

Should this shut up all the mouth breathing sports talk listeners / callers (aka Badger fans) who think this "whole thing" is somehow Adam Schefter's fault.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »
Rodgers skips first OTA. 

Should this shut up all the mouth breathing sports talk listeners / callers (aka Badger fans) who think this "whole thing" is somehow Adam Schefter's fault.

To be fair they are voluntary. I think June 8 is the first mandatory practice for the Packers. That will be most telling.

I also saw some other Packers skipped OTAs due to disagreements between the NFLPA and NFL. Rodgers has been pretty involved for the NFLPA.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2021, 12:34:47 PM »
To be fair they are voluntary. I think June 8 is the first mandatory practice for the Packers. That will be most telling.

I also saw some other Packers skipped OTAs due to disagreements between the NFLPA and NFL. Rodgers has been pretty involved for the NFLPA.

The NFLPA situation is real however the culture in Green Bay is OTA's are essentially mandatory.  The vast majority of players have bonuses built in for attendance.  The dirty little secret about the NFL is your off season is interrupted for 2 months each spring.

Also, I'll wait patiently for Aaron's pro Union comments.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 03:04:03 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
Rodgers goes on SportsCenter and basic at completely validates every report by the media. 

Says it has nothing to do with Love or the Draft but things going back to last year.

Also doesn’t say one word about his stances / solidarity with the NFLPA’s push to have guys skip. 

Can we end the charade that Schefter was making this all up and the media is responsible? 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »
Rodgers goes on SportsCenter and basic at completely validates every report by the media. 

Says it has nothing to do with Love or the Draft but things going back to last year.

Also doesn’t say one word about his stances / solidarity with the NFLPA’s push to have guys skip. 

Can we end the charade that Schefter was making this all up and the media is responsible?

Did anyone seriously believe this? Or just twitter mopes?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »

I don’t know that many educated fans bought that Schefter made it up.

Rodgers was the NFLPA rep for the last CBA, which is where my comments came from. Maybe he’s not in favor of the NFLPA anymore.

I think he basically said a lot of words but didn’t really say anything. He didn’t demand a trade, retire, or commit to GB from what I’ve read. Mainly just used a passive way to call out Gutey.

I think he wants more guarantees in his contract further out. The rest of this is public negotiation.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2021, 02:32:53 PM »

I think he wants more guarantees in his contract further out. The rest of this is public negotiation.

This is what I have said all along. Respect. And he wants that respect in the form of a new contract that guarantees he stays in GB. I certainly think he has done enough to deserve that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »
"shut up and play"? Bold thing to tell the league MVP

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2021, 05:27:35 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »
"shut up and play"? Bold thing to tell the league MVP

Yeah, especially when he's under contract, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2021, 06:23:35 PM »

Yeah, especially when he's under contract, aina?

He hasn’t violated his contract.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2021, 09:31:57 AM »
He hasn’t violated his contract.

He might have, GBP puts an inordinate amount of compensation on attending off season training.  And while you could argue he may not have violated it, rather he just didn't trigger certain clauses, he knows what he is doing and he is very intentionally upsetting the norm in Green Bay.  Attendance at Packers OTAs and Mini Camps are amongst the best in the league.  It is assumed in Green Bay that you work from April 15th to June 15th.  His absence is significant. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:51:22 AM by The Lens »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2021, 10:06:24 AM »
He might have, GBP puts an inordinate amount of compensation on attending off season training.  And while you could argue he may not have violated it, rather he just didn't trigger certain clauses, he knows what he is doing and he is very intentionally upsetting the norm in Green Bay.  Attendance at Packers OTAs and Mini Camps are amongst the best in the league.  It is assumed in Green Bay that you work from April 15th to June 15th.  His absence is significant.

I believe that it is strictly an incentive, not a contractual obligation. Andrew Brandt mentioned in the past they put a lot of incentive money into OTAs in order to get people to come. Being Green Bay isn’t the most exciting place, they always have more incentives than other teams.

Also, most of the starting WRs missed. So not the only person not there. I’m not too worried until the June 8 mandatory practices. Granted, he’s got enough money to sustain the fines to prove a point.

I think he wants to stay. Just wants more security in his contracts as he’s basically on a year to year deal.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2021, 10:28:19 AM »
I believe that it is strictly an incentive, not a contractual obligation. Andrew Brandt mentioned in the past they put a lot of incentive money into OTAs in order to get people to come. Being Green Bay isn’t the most exciting place, they always have more incentives than other teams.

Also, most of the starting WRs missed. So not the only person not there. I’m not too worried until the June 8 mandatory practices. Granted, he’s got enough money to sustain the fines to prove a point.

I think he wants to stay. Just wants more security in his contracts as he’s basically on a year to year deal.

If 12 was there this week, Tae and company would be as well.  In the past 15 years Charles Woodson was really the only significant player to miss these.  Sure guys took time off here and there (Driver did DWTS, with permission from McCarthy) but the overall culture is everyone is there. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2021, 11:23:54 AM »

Dougherty of of the MJS posits that the 3 day mini-camp would only cost Rodgers $88K on top of the $500K he's missing for OTAs. His opinion is that July 27 is the day to watch.
The fines for camp are $50,000 a day, with the fine for missing a preseason game escalating to a regular-season paycheck. In Rodgers’ case, each preseason game he skips as a holdout would cost him about $860,000  and the CBA the players signed last year mandates those fines. The Packers can’t rescind them as inducement to show up.