'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:13:47 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79241 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2021, 11:39:07 AM »
Mrs. 82 and I have been looking forward to attending some games this season, starting with the Charleston event and also a couple/few at Fiserv. Hopefully, we'll be able to.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2021, 12:34:50 PM »
Calling for vaccine passports, specifically calling those who refuse vaccines "stupid", and suggesting all non-vaccinated literally should be banned from society

None of this will be required, several companies are now requiring the vaccine for employment.  No religious exemptions.  Within a few months, this will be far more widespread.

i.e. - a passport will not be needed.  All Americans that work will be vaccinated.  Encourage your "vax hesitant" friends to get it now before they die, and in a few months everyone will have it regardless.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:53:50 PM by rocky_warrior »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2021, 12:45:17 PM »
sincere question.  Are deaths increasing or is it just the cases of confirmed covid increasing?  I don't see the death rate reported regularly, yet the number of covid cases reported is still one of the lead stories every day.

The media will always emphasize whichever statistic is the most alarming. That’s the business they’re in.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2021, 01:17:55 PM »
Masks look pretty likely for this upcoming season. Most of the non-conference slate and weekday games will take care of the social distancing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »
FBM

Wrong...again.

Brew wrote:

"Vaccinated are getting Delta. Stupid people refusing to get vaccinated will continue to lead to more and more variants, prolonging the pandemic.

Fiserv should require vaccination proof for entry. If people won't get vaccinated, they shouldn't re-enter society."

Maybe you didn't know this, but vaccine passports is a very poltical issue nowadays.

FBM, please stop, because you just keep digging a bigger hole and I get no enjoyment calling you out. 

Would much rather discuss who will be starting at point this year.

Likely better said by others, but this isn't political. Stupidity is fueling the continuation of the pandemic. It's not new, the same thing happened in 1918. If you think stupidity is the province of one political party, I guess that's your opinion.

Fiserv should require vaccinations, because this is about public health and events that draw 15,000+ impact the public health of all Southeastern Wisconsin. That's not political, that keeping the populace safe.

Vaccine passports are not and never have been political. They aren't today any more than they were when I had to show my vaccination passports to go to kindergarten or to get my job. Vaccine passports have been a requirement in our society as long as I've been alive. Maybe they are new to you, but in my 44 years, they're just a part of the background of life.

Welcome to America, I guess.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2021, 09:26:15 PM »
Rocky-

I’m a few months “ every one will have it “ LOLLLL

Right. Sure they will 🙄

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2021, 09:36:54 PM »
Likely better said by others, but this isn't political. Stupidity is fueling the continuation of the pandemic. It's not new, the same thing happened in 1918. If you think stupidity is the province of one political party, I guess that's your opinion.

Fiserv should require vaccinations, because this is about public health and events that draw 15,000+ impact the public health of all Southeastern Wisconsin. That's not political, that keeping the populace safe.

Vaccine passports are not and never have been political. They aren't today any more than they were when I had to show my vaccination passports to go to kindergarten or to get my job. Vaccine passports have been a requirement in our society as long as I've been alive. Maybe they are new to you, but in my 44 years, they're just a part of the background of life.

Welcome to America, I guess.

Brew

So if it’s all about public health and the impact on the health systems, you must be a huge fan of a HUGE wall at the border, to prevent all those who do not have a vaccine passport from entering the country. This is obviously not a political statement, because it’s keeping the population safe.

If you disagree with any of the above, then please spare us from your condescending, virtue signaling drivel, because you are nothing but a classic hypocritical blow hard. 

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »
You missed the side of the barn there FBM, so let me try again:

Any policy that disproportionately affects minorities is inherently a racist policy, and all those who support these policies are racists.

So, Fluffy Blue Monster, you must be a Fluffy Blue Racist.

Racist tendencies often erupt during periods of crisis, and your posts clearly show a complete dismissal of the everyday, basic, fundemental rights of minorities.

You see how your virtue signaling, elitist, self-absorbed, savior of the world drivel can be turned against you very quickly?  It didn’t take too long and was very easy to do.

I don’t want this on the board and I don’t want to go down this worm hole.  I get enough of this watching almost every show on TV, as well as every commercial.

I want Scoop to be the last stand of basketball purity.
I do not think this is racist at all. Why should we not make policies because it might discriminate against a group of people who decide not to get vaccinated. It is on them for not being vaccinated, not the people making the rules.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:45:04 PM by bilsu »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2021, 09:56:13 PM »
Brew

So if it’s all about public health and the impact on the health systems, you must be a huge fan of a HUGE wall at the border, to prevent all those who do not have a vaccine passport from entering the country. This is obviously not a political statement, because it’s keeping the population safe.

If you disagree with any of the above, then please spare us from your condescending, virtue signaling drivel, because you are nothing but a classic hypocritical blow hard.

It's not because huge walls are proven to be ineffective. On the other hand, I would be a huge fan of the US spending $25B to vaccinate the entire world, which would be far more effective than a wall.

And considering people cross the border in airplanes and boats, what would be more pragmatic would be after vaccinating the entire world, investing in the countries where people are crossing the border are coming from so they don't feel the need to cross in the first place.

Sorry if it complicates things that I believe in solutions that make sense rather than your nonsensical false equivocations.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2021, 10:07:42 PM »
It's not because huge walls are proven to be ineffective. On the other hand, I would be a huge fan of the US spending $25B to vaccinate the entire world, which would be far more effective than a wall.

And considering people cross the border in airplanes and boats, what would be more pragmatic would be after vaccinating the entire world, investing in the countries where people are crossing the border are coming from so they don't feel the need to cross in the first place.

Sorry if it complicates things that I believe in solutions that make sense rather than your nonsensical false equivocations.

Nice deflection.

You said “stupid” Americans should literally be excluded from American society if they refuse to be vaccinated, and the reasoning is the negative impact they could have on public health.

Therefore, you must be an advocate for a complete and total shutdown on all immigration and travel into the United States unless absolute proof could be shown of vaccination.

Obviously, these “stupid” non vaccinated immigrants are a clear and present danger to the public health of the American citizens, right?

Again, unless you agree with the above, feel free to moralize and pontificate all you want, but do it in the mirror, where your audience won’t see right through your self righteous BS.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2021, 10:16:57 PM »
Not to get too simple, but is this really an issue? From Marquette requiring vaccines, generally talking with other alums, the vaccine rate at an MU game has to be greater then 90%. Especially if there’s full approval next month for the kids.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »
Therefore, you must be an advocate for a complete and total shutdown on all immigration and travel into the United States unless absolute proof could be shown of vaccination.

First, you're really bad at this exercise. Second, vaccinate them all upon arrival, which is essentially the same thing I proposed in my last post that you quoted but apparently were incapable of reading.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2021, 11:15:58 PM »
Moomoo your trolling is embarrassing.  Stop replying Brew.  You are above that.

He is obviously being antagonistic and unrealistic. 

He is playing you or he is simply a moron.  Either way not worth your time.

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2021, 11:45:06 PM »
Sooooo back to the original question, we going to games this fall or not?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2021, 05:12:46 AM »
Sooooo back to the original question, we going to games this fall or not?

Yes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2021, 06:19:46 AM »
First, you're really bad at this exercise. Second, vaccinate them all upon arrival, which is essentially the same thing I proposed in my last post that you quoted but apparently were incapable of reading.

Brew

More deflection, huh?

You are really bad at trying to prove that you are not a typical virtue signaling hypocrite.

Stick to hoops and leave the hypocrisy to the politicians.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2021, 06:33:02 AM »
Moomoo your trolling is embarrassing.  Stop replying Brew.  You are above that.

He is obviously being antagonistic and unrealistic. 

He is playing you or he is simply a moron.  Either way not worth your time.

Shooter

Not at all. I’m calling out soap box self appointed moral high ground “heroes” who feel the need to suggest discrimination against people who simply have a different opinion, all in the name of “public health”. Scary stuff that will always be challenged by me.

If you don’t like it, then ask your “isolate the non vaxers and keep them away from society” friends to keep their fascist ideas off the board.

As I said numerous times, I would rather  be talking hoops.

Maybe this exercise will make Brew think twice about spewing his inconsistent and discriminatory views on scoop.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2021, 06:45:23 AM »
Shooter

Not at all. I’m calling out soap box self appointed moral high ground “heroes” who feel the need to suggest discrimination against people who simply have a different opinion, all in the name of “public health”. Scary stuff that will always be challenged by me.

If you don’t like it, then ask your “isolate the non vaxers and keep them away from society” friends to keep their fascist ideas off the board.

As I said numerous times, I would rather  be talking hoops.

Maybe this exercise will make Brew think twice about spewing his inconsistent and discriminatory views on scoop.

No, you're being intentionally obtuse.  You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.  And the fact is that the vaccine works, and people who are being responsible adults are getting the vaccine.  Instead of treating the stupid people of the US with kid gloves we need to ostracize them from society, and mock their foolish opinions.  There is nothing fascist about that, but then you probably don't understand the meaning of the word.  You can be of the opinion that grass is blue, and the sky is green, but no one should take you seriously.  Similarly, anyone who is antivax should not be taken seriously.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »
No, you're being intentionally obtuse.  You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.  And the fact is that the vaccine works, and people who are being responsible adults are getting the vaccine.  Instead of treating the stupid people of the US with kid gloves we need to ostracize them from society, and mock their foolish opinions.  There is nothing fascist about that, but then you probably don't understand the meaning of the word.  You can be of the opinion that grass is blue, and the sky is green, but no one should take you seriously.  Similarly, anyone who is antivax should not be taken seriously.

“Stupid people of the US”??

Those who don’t vaccinate? 

Very lazy thinking in so many ways not to mention a term wildly thrown around during previous admin…dictatorial?? 

This is a little more complex but I don’t want to over burden you
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2021, 07:11:16 AM »
Relatively certain that brew takes the disapproval of people with the opinions of moomoo as a badge of honor, something to aspire to.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #370 on: August 05, 2021, 07:14:55 AM »

Wrong.

I am pro-vaccines, including the ones for Covid.

But I am also pro freedom of choice.

People are not a walking talking virus. We can’t assume that.

And I also will not back down from calling out the fascist, racist tendencies of many on the woke left.

Less that 30% of African Americans are vaccinated. Vaccine passports would affect them the most, like modern day segregation. I’m against that. Leave them alone.

They are smart enough to make their own decisions without self appointed saviors like you and Brew forcing something on them. The arrogance is astounding.

One hundred years ago, the best scientists decided to sterilize Jewish and Italian immigrants in the name of “public health”. Think about that. And no one complained. Look it up. Let’s learn from that disaster.

The elitists turn fascist real quick. If you don’t want to be called out on it, then don’t reveal your inclinations on this board.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #371 on: August 05, 2021, 07:15:29 AM »

Very lazy thinking in so many ways not to mention a term wildly thrown around during previous admin…dictatorial?? 

Yes, stupid people.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2021, 07:16:59 AM »

Are schools dictatorial for requiring kids have vaccinations?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #373 on: August 05, 2021, 07:17:56 AM »
Wrong.

And I also will not back down from calling out the fascist, racist tendencies of many on the woke left.

Less that 30% of African Americans are vaccinated. Vaccine passports would affect them the most, like modern day segregation. I’m against that. Leave them alone.

They are smart enough to make their own decisions without self appointed saviors like you and Brew forcing something on them. The arrogance is astounding.

One hundred years ago, the best scientists decided to sterilize Jewish and Italian immigrants in the name of “public health”. Think about that. And no one complained. Look it up. Let’s learn from that disaster.

The elitists turn fascist real quick. If you don’t want to be called out on it, then don’t reveal your inclinations on this board.

Worst post in Scoop history.
Congrats.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #374 on: August 05, 2021, 07:22:25 AM »
Wrong.

You've really nailed all the culture war cliches in the last few posts.

I'm also fairly certain you don't know what any of those words actually mean.

feedback