[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79297 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2021, 07:31:51 AM »
talk about making broad brush statements. So says Dr FBM as he reads the Biden que card posed by Dr Wind, er, Fauci.

Sorry but you are the one making this political.  The facts are....

**Vaccines are safe for nearly everyone.
**The vaccines make it much less likely that you will be sick from Covid or spread Covid
**The vaccines make it much, much less likely that even if you get Covid, you will get seriously sick or die

Those are the facts.  There is no more "homework" to be done.  Doctors want their patients to get the shot.  These are not political opinions.

And I will point out that since getting the shot means you are much less likely to spread the disease, it is best for society as a whole that everyone gets vaccinated.  Not only to protect yourself but the most vulnerable.  But we don't do that any longer so here we are.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2021, 07:37:14 AM »
Yes. How is that even a question?

Brew

You are all in on needing proof you got a non-FDA approved vaccine so you can grocery shop, eat at restaurants, and attend sporting events, even if it clearly and disproportionately affects minorities.

Got it.

So I guess you are a huge fan of requiring an ID to vote?

It’s a lot easier to get an ID to vote than it is to get the vaccine.

Did I strike a nerve calling out your hypocrisy?

Well I didn’t want to do it because I want to keep things lite, but someone has to call you out.

My point is that your inconsistent virtue signaling, high horse, holier than though posts are very cringe to many of us here who would rather keep things less political and more Marquette basketball based.

So please, with all due respect—-spew your political and health services jargon on the medal stand at the olympics or at the Grammy ceremonies, just don’t do it here.

PS
I’m pro vax

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2021, 07:46:26 AM »
Brew

You are all in on needing proof you got a non-FDA approved vaccine so you can grocery shop, eat at restaurants, and attend sporting events, even if it clearly and disproportionately affects minorities.

Got it.

Well I didn’t want to do it because I want to keep things lite, but someone has to call you out.

My point is that your inconsistent virtue signaling, high horse, holier than though posts are very cringe to many of us here who would rather keep things less political and more Marquette basketball based.

So please, with all due respect—-spew your political and health services jargon on the medal stand at the olympics or at the Grammy ceremonies, just don’t do it here.

PS
I’m pro vax

A compromise:

Vaccine passport given to everyone who gets vaccinated that doubles as voter ID.

Cool?

PS. The vaccine is FDA approved.

• All American
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2021, 07:47:48 AM »
Brew

Got it.

PS
I’m pro vax

There is nothing hypocritical about believing that you need to show proof of a vaccine to do things and believe you don't need one to vote.  You know why?  They are completely different things.  I know...shocker right?  Believe it or not, voting is a legal right that we grant people in our society with a low barrier to exercise.  Attending an event at FF is not.

If you can't fundamentally see the difference between those two things, I don't know what to tell you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2021, 07:48:30 AM »
PS. The vaccine is FDA approved.

Yeah anyone who throws out that gem is worthy of an eye-roll in my book.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2021, 07:50:13 AM »
Today’s nytimes

WASHINGTON — With a new surge of coronavirus infections ripping through much of the United States, the Food and Drug Administration has accelerated its timetable to fully approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine, aiming to complete the process by the start of next month, people familiar with the effort said.

President Biden said last week that he expected a fully approved vaccine in early fall.

Not approved yet, but will be soon.

• All American
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2021, 07:52:45 AM »
Today’s nytimes

WASHINGTON — With a new surge of coronavirus infections ripping through much of the United States, the Food and Drug Administration has accelerated its timetable to fully approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine, aiming to complete the process by the start of next month, people familiar with the effort said.

President Biden said last week that he expected a fully approved vaccine in early fall.

Not approved yet, but will be soon.

"fully approve"  It's already been approved for emergency use.  And I am pretty sure that a pandemic that has killed hundred of thousands of Americans is an emergency.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2021, 07:58:10 AM »

**The vaccines make it much less likely that you will be sick from Covid or spread Covid
**The vaccines make it much, much less likely that even if you get Covid, you will get seriously sick or die

Those are the facts.  There is no more "homework" to be done.  Doctors want their patients to get the shot.  These are not political opinions.

And I will point out that since getting the shot means you are much less likely to spread the disease, it is best for society as a whole that everyone gets vaccinated.  Not only to protect yourself but the most vulnerable.  But we don't do that any longer so here we are.

Well stated.  This should not be an issue.  I don’t know a single physician who has not gotten vaccinated and believe me they did not get it for political reasons.  I know many less scientifically educated people who haven’t and they talk in circles trying to explain their reasoning (none of which is correct).

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2021, 08:09:46 AM »

There is nothing hypocritical about believing that you need to show proof of a vaccine to do things and believe you don't need one to vote.  You know why?  They are completely different things.  I know...shocker right?  Believe it or not, voting is a legal right that we grant people in our society with a low barrier to exercise.  Attending an event at FF is not.

If you can't fundamentally see the difference between those two things, I don't know what to tell you.

You missed the side of the barn there FBM, so let me try again:

Any policy that disproportionately affects minorities is inherently a racist policy, and all those who support these policies are racists.

So, Fluffy Blue Monster, you must be a Fluffy Blue Racist.

Racist tendencies often erupt during periods of crisis, and your posts clearly show a complete dismissal of the everyday, basic, fundemental rights of minorities.

You see how your virtue signaling, elitist, self-absorbed, savior of the world drivel can be turned against you very quickly?  It didn’t take too long and was very easy to do.

I don’t want this on the board and I don’t want to go down this worm hole.  I get enough of this watching almost every show on TV, as well as every commercial.

I want Scoop to be the last stand of basketball purity.

• All American
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2021, 08:13:03 AM »
You missed the side of the barn there FBM, so let me try again:

Any policy that disproportionately affects minorities is inherently a racist policy, and all those who support these policies are racists.

So, Fluffy Blue Monster, you must be a Fluffy Blue Racist.

Racist tendencies often erupt during periods of crisis, and your posts clearly show a complete dismissal of the everyday, basic, fundemental rights of minorities.

You see how your virtue signaling, elitist, self-absorbed, savior of the world drivel can be turned against you very quickly?  It didn’t take too long and was very easy to do.

I don’t want this on the board and I don’t want to go down this worm hole.  I get enough of this watching almost every show on TV, as well as every commercial.

Sorry, but I don't think I have ever stated the bolded.  So you can take your well worn political cliches and use them elsewhere.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2021, 08:21:31 AM »

Just quick PSA here, recent studies have found that if you have a breakthrough case of the delta variant after being vaccinated, you carry the same viral load and spread it just as easily as an unvaccinated person.  This is true even if you show no symptoms.  So even if vaccinated, you should take measures to limit any spread of the virus.  Also you should get tested even if mildly sick so you know if you need to quarantine or not.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2021, 08:21:58 AM »

Sorry, but I don't think I have ever stated the bolded.  So you can take your well worn political cliches and use them elsewhere.

FBM,

No one suggested you said that, but the policy you are promoting does in fact harm minorities in much greater numbers.

And you just proved my point!  THANK YOU!  No one wants to hear political jargon!

So I COMPLETELY agree with you!!  Let's BOTH not use "well worn political cliches" on this board and let's use them elsewhere!

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2021, 08:25:22 AM »

Wait, what?   MUScoop?      ?-( :o

• All American
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »
FBM,

No one suggested you said that, but the policy you are promoting does in fact harm minorities in much greater numbers.

And you just proved my point!  THANK YOU!  No one wants to hear political jargon!

So I COMPLETELY agree with you!!  Let's BOTH not use "well worn political cliches" on this board and let's use them elsewhere!

You're the one who invoked politics when you replied to brew.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2021, 08:33:44 AM »

You're the one who invoked politics when you replied to brew.

FBM

Wrong...again.

Brew wrote:

"Vaccinated are getting Delta. Stupid people refusing to get vaccinated will continue to lead to more and more variants, prolonging the pandemic.

Fiserv should require vaccination proof for entry. If people won't get vaccinated, they shouldn't re-enter society."

Maybe you didn't know this, but vaccine passports is a very poltical issue nowadays.

FBM, please stop, because you just keep digging a bigger hole and I get no enjoyment calling you out. 

Would much rather discuss who will be starting at point this year.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2021, 08:36:07 AM »
You chose to 1) take your risks getting the vaccine which has now been clinically tested and real-world tested for almost a year, with another 6 months trials before that. Or )2 you take your chances not getting the vaccine. 

It’s that simple.   Those opting for (1) so far have been protected for the most part - in the 94% range from getting the virus, and about 99% protected from hospitalization and about 99.9% protected from death as a result of virus.   

Those opting for (2) - many have been safe to date but many not.  The delta variant has made out US daily new case count rise from a low of about 11,000 a day to just the other day, 127,900 new cases.  In a day.   And those contracting the virus?  About 99% unvaccinated.  The variants will get stronger and stronger and will kill more people as long as there are enough hosting bodies. 

So, we all choose to take our chances, one way or another. But our choices impact lives everyday.  Of family, of friends, of people we don’t even know.   

Right now, if things continue on this path, we aren’t going to lack FiServ forum for Marquette games this season.

Let us all choose wisely. 

• All American
« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2021, 08:37:23 AM »
FBM

Wrong...again.

Brew wrote:

"Vaccinated are getting Delta. Stupid people refusing to get vaccinated will continue to lead to more and more variants, prolonging the pandemic.

Fiserv should require vaccination proof for entry. If people won't get vaccinated, they shouldn't re-enter society."

None of this is a political statement.  You viewed it as one and then compounded it with a clearly political statement of your own.

Would much rather discuss who will be starting at point this year.

Then do so.  No one is preventing it.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2021, 08:55:54 AM »

None of this is a political statement.  You viewed it as one and then compounded it with a clearly political statement of your own.

Then do so.  No one is preventing it.

Calling for vaccine passports, specifically calling those who refuse vaccines "stupid", and suggesting all non-vaccinated literally should be banned from society is NOT poltical?

My goodness FBM, why do you make it so easy to call out your nonsense.

::)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2021, 08:56:33 AM »
Wait, what?   MUScoop?      ?-( :o

I’m curious as to the definition of basketball purity
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2021, 09:05:44 AM »
Brew

Got it.

PS
I’m pro vax

This might be true now that centers are closing because people stopped getting it but it definitely wasn't true for the majority of the summer and spring. There were mobile centers for illegals to get the vaccine, plenty of national guard stations with a "just inject them" mindset. You didn't need a birth certificate and social card to get it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2021, 09:49:53 AM »

Not only did you not say it, but there is total lack of logic within the statement itself.

• All American
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2021, 10:01:05 AM »
Calling for vaccine passports, specifically calling those who refuse vaccines "stupid", and suggesting all non-vaccinated literally should be banned from society is NOT poltical?

It is not political.  One side made it political, but on its face is not political.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2021, 10:13:59 AM »

My goodness FBM, why do you make it so easy to call out your nonsense.

::)

They are stupid.  Full stop.  Regardless of political party, they are stupid.

There, do you feel 'called out'?

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »
It is not political.  One side made it political, but on its face is not political.

FBM

Your response is absolutely priceless. 

Thank you for the laughs.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »
FBM

Your response is absolutely priceless. 

Thank you for the laughs.
100%