'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79213 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 07:03:29 PM »

I assume you mean vaccinated? Passports. You want to return to normal societal events like a sporting event, you get a vaccine & bring proof.

No different than how kids need to be vaccinated to attend school.

Yep. If people want 100% capacity, there is an easy solution. I won't hold my breath, but it's an option.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
Or you get up to 80% vaccinated and the other 20% can risk it. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2021, 07:35:38 PM »

But they are risking it for all of us. The more transmission there is, the greater chance that a vaccine resistant variant develops.

#science

And while I would love to see 80% of the population vaccinated, I will be surprised if that happens.

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »

But they are risking it for all of us. The more transmission there is, the greater chance that a vaccine resistant variant develops.

#science

And while I would love to see 80% of the population vaccinated, I will be surprised if that happens.

Variants will develop.  We will get boosters.  Life will go on.

#reality.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 07:44:39 PM »

Variants will develop.  We will get boosters.  Life will go on.

#reality.

Yes we will get boosters, and they will be sufficient if we just have minor variants like the UK and South African variant. But if we have a significant mutation that blasts right through vaccine protection - a very real possibility- we will be back to square one.

#scienceANDreality

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »

Yes we will get boosters, and they will be sufficient if we just have minor variants like the UK and South African variant. But if we have a significant mutation that blasts right through vaccine protection - a very real possibility- we will be back to square one.

#scienceANDreality

Or an asteroid could strike Milwaukee...

My guess is your doom and gloom forecasting will be wrong again.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 08:01:32 PM »
Regardless, the vaccine essentially takes serious illness, hospitalization, and death off the table. Time to focus on normalcy. For those still reluctant, they can remain in their hidey hole until Fr. Fauci is finished writing his best seller and gives his blessings, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »

Too hard to adjucate who gets what exception. Easier to just require vaccination and make it a 100% requirement. Will some occasionally slip through? Sure. But you don't build in plans to make every game a potential 3,400 person super spreader event.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 08:08:14 PM »
Before the lock, in am I
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 08:12:17 PM »
Or an asteroid could strike Milwaukee...

My guess is your doom and gloom forecasting will be wrong again.

I could very well be wrong.

But my ‘doom and gloom’ predictions have been correct at least as often as anyone’s here.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »

I could very well be wrong.

But my ‘doom and gloom’ predictions have been correct at least as often as anyone’s here.

Lol. Sure.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 08:15:34 PM »
Too hard to adjucate who gets what exception. Easier to just require vaccination and make it a 100% requirement. Will some occasionally slip through? Sure. But you don't build in plans to make every game a potential 3,400 person super spreader event.

That’s really not how it works. Getting a good portion of people vaccinated would reduce the ability of the disease to spread considerably. Especially those more susceptible to the disease. And I’ll believe that we will have a vaccine passport program when it actually happens. Not holding my breath.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 08:17:24 PM »
Lol. Sure.

I’m not sure what I did to piss you off, Fluff.

Peace.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 08:42:50 PM »
Is there a state database with names in it from the pharmacies and med centers? Not sure that exists or if I signed something that gave agreed to give my info to the state. Counting on those white cards with scribble on them to be some sort of verifiable proof doesn't seem like it's realistic.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:29 PM »
I will not be getting an experimental vaccine.  For the control group of you who get it, I sincerely hope it works out well for you.  Absolutely hard no to vaccine passports.  Some seriously dangerous lines we are crossing when the government can force people to inject themselves with an experimental vaccine for a virus that is extremely survivable by nearly every healthy person.  A lot of you say "science!" Is why we should all get it without really knowing what it is you are getting.  Any of you get the J&J vaccine?  You still feeling good about that decision?
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 08:45:05 PM »
I will not be getting an experimental vaccine.  For the control group of you who get it, I sincerely hope it works out well for you.  Absolutely hard no to vaccine passports.  Some seriously dangerous lines we are crossing when the government can force people to inject themselves with an experimental vaccine for a virus that is extremely survivable by nearly every healthy person.  A lot of you say "science!" Is why we should all get it without really knowing what it is you are getting.  Any of you get the J&J vaccine?  You still feeling good about that decision?
Q?
Goal is National Championship

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
Regardless, the vaccine essentially takes serious illness, hospitalization, and death off the table. Time to focus on normalcy. For those still reluctant, they can remain in their hidey hole until Fr. Fauci is finished writing his best seller and gives his blessings, aina?

Correct. I've been about as strict personally as possible since all of this began. But there is a vaccine out there that essentially takes risk off the table, and vaccinated people don't spread it. SO, if a vaccinated person doesn't want to go unless the numbers are at a certain point in their mind, that's totally their prerogative. They can continue to stay home, totally fine with that. Anyone else that wants to go should be able to go, vaccinated or not, based on their own personal risk calculus.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 08:54:05 PM »
Is there a state database with names in it from the pharmacies and med centers? Not sure that exists or if I signed something that gave agreed to give my info to the state. Counting on those white cards with scribble on them to be some sort of verifiable proof doesn't seem like it's realistic.

That's how the New York State vaccine passport work (Excelsior). Providers report to the state database, and Excelsior matches your verified name + vaccine date(s) to the state records to prove you were vaccinated.

The federal gov't is letting private companies sort out how to do vaccine passports. Right now airlines, cruise ship companies, and stadiums seem to be taking the lead (along with countries like Israel and Denmark). To expand these programs nationally it will make the most sense for vaccine passport apps to validate drivers licences and integrate with vaccine providers directly. It's going to be a relatively medium-sized PITA, but airlines will foot the bill (wild ass guess on my part).

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
Correct. I've been about as strict personally as possible since all of this began. But there is a vaccine out there that essentially takes risk off the table, and vaccinated people don't spread it. SO, if a vaccinated person doesn't want to go unless the numbers are at a certain point in their mind, that's totally their prerogative. They can continue to stay home, totally fine with that. Anyone else that wants to go should be able to go, vaccinated or not, based on their own personal risk calculus.
Vaccinated people can transmit virus.
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 09:14:57 PM »

I don’t think people here arguing that you should not go places once you have been vaccinated. I have been very strict about following guidelines too, and I spent most of the afternoon at my favorite coffee shop with a vaccinated friend.

The question here is quite a different one. It’s whether it would be prudent to (1) limit capacity at public places where unvaccinated people are allowed, and/or (2) limit the public places where unvaccinated people can go. Neither type of limitation would primarily relate to the immediate protection of vaccinated people. They would be based on long-term public health concerns.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2021, 09:23:57 PM »

Maybe free market should be dictating this.   People who decline vaccination and get COVID-19 or flu or any other vaccine available disease should have to pay all medical bills associated with treatment and life saving measures for those diseases.  Whether you die or not the medical bills can be astronomical and should be paid out of pocket.  Those vaccinated should get a discount on their monthly payments for saving money and being responsible. People who don’t want their perceived personal freedoms taken away can play Russian roulette with their lives and pocket books.  Win-win for everyone.   

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »
Anyone who describes a vaccine that has been given an EUA as “experimental” does not understand the process very well. Thorough experiments with thousands of participants have been completed and evaluated just to get into the FDA’s queue. It is a quicker process than normal because of the public health emergency, but the “experiments” have been done.

Here is a nice, simple explanation from UNC Health.

https://vaccine.unchealthcare.org/science/vaccine-approval/whats-the-difference-between-fda-emergency-use-authorization-and-fda-approval/

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »
Maybe free market should be dictating this.   People who decline vaccination and get COVID-19 or flu or any other vaccine available disease should have to pay all medical bills associated with treatment and life saving measures for those diseases.  Whether you die or not the medical bills can be astronomical and should be paid out of pocket.  Those vaccinated should get a discount on their monthly payments for saving money and being responsible. People who don’t want their perceived personal freedoms taken away can play Russian roulette with their lives and pocket books.  Win-win for everyone.

This sounds great tbh as long as it applies to everything.  You're fat and get a heart attack or type 2 diabetes, that's on you.  You're a smoker and get lung cancer, that's on you too.  Etc., etc.  Somehow I don't see people agreeing to this though, but I'll continue to play roulette.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2021, 09:45:24 PM »
I will not be getting an experimental vaccine.  For the control group of you who get it, I sincerely hope it works out well for you. 

80.1% 65+, and 50.7% 18+ have gotten 1 or more shots.  You're already in the minority bud.  Don't be dense.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »

Thank you.  I will not willingly inject an experimental drug into my body either.
I have seen much more severe reactions to the vaccination (healthy individuals), than from those who have contracted the virus (also healthy individuals). 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:55:27 PM by 94Warrior »