Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Perez  (Read 38059 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Perez
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2021, 11:20:36 AM »
Well at least a Texas State treasure. I would guess not many outside of Texas would know who he is.

Darren Rovell is making sure everyone knows who Mattress Mack is. To a creepy level.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2021, 11:24:04 AM »
Does Perez have to sit a year, if he decided to transfer now, since he previously transferred?

He wont end up having to sit.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2021, 11:25:01 AM »
He wont end up having to sit.

Agreed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boone

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
While seems like he’s not in Shaka’s plans, Perez may not want to leave. It’s like he’s been squatting at the Moderne apartments for last 10 months. Doubt wants to go back to living in college basketball equivalent of an efficiency on 27th and Juneau

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
While seems like he’s not in Shaka’s plans, Perez may not want to leave. It’s like he’s been squatting at the Moderne apartments for last 10 months. Doubt wants to go back to living in college basketball equivalent of an efficiency on 27th and Juneau

Oh, I don't know, John. Koby and Jamal found going down market rather appealing.

As a Scottish friend of mine remarked when comparing Lady Di to Camilla Parker-Bowles, "A man drinking champagne sometimes likes to have a beer..."

Death on call

Viper

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2021, 04:27:11 AM »
Oh, I don't know, John. Koby and Jamal found going down market rather appealing.

As a Scottish friend of mine remarked when comparing Lady Di to Camilla Parker-Bowles, "A man drinking champagne sometimes likes to have a beer..."
camilla would be some skunky brew, brah
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2021, 07:59:37 AM »

Amen to that - makes her a perfect match for Prince Chuckie.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
Did anybody else have the over at +/-3 pages for the time it would take a thread about Jose Perez to turn into a discussion about Prince Charles' schtupping selections?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
Amen to that - makes her a perfect match for Prince Chuckie.

That is one really weird group of misfits.

How Andrew gets a pass as a pedo is beyond me. Andy and Billy Bob should be doing time. Rank has its privilege.

Death on call

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »

Women must really love you ::)  Making fun of a woman's look when they are in their 70's is a trait of a certain type of man. Hint: he is fairly low on the food chain.

But, hey, if trump can do it, then I guess you can follow his lead.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
Did anybody else have the over at +/-3 pages for the time it would take a thread about Jose Perez to turn into a discussion about Prince Charles' schtupping selections?

I predict that Jose Perez will be as useful to Marquette basketball in 2021 as Prince Charles

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
I predict that Jose Perez will be as useful to Marquette basketball in 2021 as Prince Charles
There is a good chance he is more useful than you think he is. The team is currently made up of 5 true freshmen, five second year freshmen and one third year freshmen, That is 11 players classified as freshmen. Of that group only Garcia and Lewis can be counted on to contribute significantly in Big East. Elliot, Carton and Perez are are the old people on the team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2021, 02:17:46 PM »
Five second year freshmen

Sophomores?

one third year freshmen

One junior?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2021, 04:21:39 PM »
The team is currently made up of 5 true freshmen, five second year freshmen and one third year freshmen

I guess O'Tule was a 6th-year freshman.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2021, 05:15:17 PM »
Bilsu

Have another martini.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2021, 05:55:36 PM »
There is a good chance he is more useful than you think he is. The team is currently made up of 5 true freshmen, five second year freshmen and one third year freshmen, That is 11 players classified as freshmen. Of that group only Garcia and Lewis can be counted on to contribute significantly in Big East. Elliot, Carton and Perez are are the old people on the team.

Mods: Please update the scholarship table with these designations.

Are we sure Carton is a third year freshman and not a second year sophomore? 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2021, 06:55:13 PM »
Women must really love you ::)  Making fun of a woman's look when they are in their 70's is a trait of a certain type of man. Hint: he is fairly low on the food chain.

thx for playing
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2021, 09:46:37 PM »
Mods: Please update the scholarship table with these designations.

Are we sure Carton is a third year freshman and not a second year sophomore?

Done:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17nn93PZ9xcSk32S4Ilo5oea163wZDUeewQ_ezt-PM08/edit?usp=sharing

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:15 PM »
Sophomores?

One junior?
Akanno redshirted and then hardly played. Oso hardly played. The one transfer from Clemson(?) hardly played for Clemson. Add them to the 5 real freshmen and that is eight very inexperience players who are considered freshmen eligibility wise. The question is how many of them will be ready to play in the Big East? There are 11 players on this team that could play another four years.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2021, 09:58:46 PM »
There are 11 players on this team that could play another four years.

Despite laughing at your Frosh designations, that is an astonishing thing to imagine.  It will be interesting to see how many 2020 Frosh use their extra year in the end.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if we have 4 of the incoming frosh + sophs total in 4 years.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2021, 10:17:36 PM »

Jockey

In Viper’s defense, Camilla was a world class hideous home wrecker several decades before her 70s.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:35 PM »
Jockey

In Viper’s defense, Camilla was a world class hideous home wrecker several decades before her 70s.

I won’t argue with that, Lenny. But other than the queen, it would be hard to find someone in the royal family that isn’t. And that probably goes for other royal families in Europe.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2021, 10:27:10 PM »
I won’t argue with that, Lenny. But other than the queen, it would be hard to find someone in the royal family that isn’t. And that probably goes for other royal families in Europe.

+1.

blue and gold

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2021, 05:04:33 AM »
Akanno redshirted and then hardly played. Oso hardly played. The one transfer from Clemson(?) hardly played for Clemson. Add them to the 5 real freshmen and that is eight very inexperience players who are considered freshmen eligibility wise. The question is how many of them will be ready to play in the Big East? There are 11 players on this team that could play another four years.

Marquette's roster is far from being finalized, so a lot of this conjecture is premature.

As has been previously alluded to your classifications of "second year freshmen" are in fact classified as sophomores and the "third year freshmen" that you mentioned is in fact classified as a junior.

Although, it is true that all student athletes that participated last year in NCAA winter sports including men's basketball will have an extra year of eligibility, it remains to be determined the extent of the players that will use the option of the extra year of eligibility.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-extends-eligibility-winter-sport-student-athletes

Also, the option of the extra year of eligibility will significantly affect many programs, not just Marquette.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
Jockey

Do you watch The Crown on Netflix?  You may have a differing opinion.  It's much more complicated than this statement.

feedback