[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Perfect location for Wales on Wells II  (Read 9482 times)

PointWarrior

• All American
Re: Perfect location for Wales on Wells II
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2021, 11:15:23 PM »

Yes, adding in an Old Fashioned a you wait for the mystical fish fry...

One of Milwaukee's more noble contributions to haute cuisine, besides pickled pig's feet and Tombstone pizzas, is the Friday Fish Fry. Is there anything more compelling than the mystical union of fish, grease, and fire? I think not.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2021, 11:18:49 PM »
actually was at the Madison Real Chili - it had no chance to survive, Madison had no clue to its magisty...

Outstanding find, Dr.

I didn't realize they expanded to so many sites, including one in Madison. I pray to God they had the Marquette Special on the menu there.

Personally, I never once had the noodles. That makes no sense to me.

I was also curious what was the link between Green Bay and Chili. Must be the noodles because I wouldn't equate Green Bay with SW cuisine.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2021, 11:52:59 PM »
actually was at the Madison Real Chili - it had no chance to survive, Madison had no clue to its magesty...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2021, 09:48:09 AM »
Dave

I remember reading that Wisconsin had the nation's highest per capita consumption of brandy and that the go-to beverage was the Brandy Old Fashioned.

Death on call

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2021, 10:40:55 AM »
Dave

I remember reading that Wisconsin had the nation's highest per capita consumption of brandy and that the go-to beverage was the Brandy Old Fashioned.

By a mile.  My buddy used to work for Beam, and doing competitive research for some products he told me that Korbel (the largest manufacturer of domestically) sold like 60-65% of their total annual production in Wisconsin alone.

Beam also owned a crappy blended whiskey called Kesslers that was a bit sweet with some spice.  He said their marketing and distribution had an oversized focus on Wisconsin for that product as well, cause it had some brandy similarities.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
By a mile.  My buddy used to work for Beam, and doing competitive research for some products he told me that Korbel (the largest manufacturer of domestically) sold like 60-65% of their total annual production in Wisconsin alone.

Beam also owned a crappy blended whiskey called Kesslers that was a bit sweet with some spice.  He said their marketing and distribution had an oversized focus on Wisconsin for that product as well, cause it had some brandy similarities.

I remember going smelting and there were lots of bottles of fruit flavored brandies being passed around. Let's just say that Oban it wasn't...

Death on call

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2021, 12:46:40 PM »
Ziggy's moved to 16th and Wisconsin, next to Walgreens, at least by the mid 90s.

Louie D's was in the old Wales location, I think.

I still miss Angelo's pizza and motz sticks.

KIN!  This is an incredibly embarrassing post for you, our supposed Ziggy Historian.

Ziggies - Where The Leaders of Tomorrow, Eat Today was always at 16th & Wisconsin

Then Wales on Wells closed in 1993 and Ziggie decided it was time to strike, his empire would grow.  He opened Ziggo-Mania.  It had, among other things, a drunk window, a disco ball and a TV (one of those 35 inch trucks that your thought was a big screen).  He had an amazing quote in the Trib about no drunks allowed, hence the "Drunk Window".  And he expected sober kids to come in, order his sh!tty food and DANCE under the disco ball.

SPOILER Alert: it failed.  Soon Louie D's opened.  And Ziggy was left with just his 16th & Wisconsin locale.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart