[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nike Devil Shoe  (Read 5390 times)

CrowdOf5

• Starter
Nike Devil Shoe
« on: March 27, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »
Anyone see this crap? Contains a drop of human blood and 666 are available and are numbered as such. How did Nike approve these? I know these aren’t technically Jumpman but I had to tag Lovell and MU Athletics.

https://twitter.com/saint/status/1375532655551389696?s=21

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Nike Devil Shoe
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 02:39:19 PM »
Nike has nothing to do with that  ::)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 02:50:45 PM »
Anyone see this crap? Contains a drop of human blood and 666 are available and are numbered as such. How did Nike approve these? I know these aren’t technically Jumpman but I had to tag Lovell and MU Athletics.

You know how when you buy a car or truck, and then add things onto it?

That is what these shoes are.  They're not stock.

It'd be like if I took a plane white t-shirt and wrote something on it, and tried to pass it off like it was something Hanes had done.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »
Aftermarket customization.   Nike's only participation is producing the original shoe that then gets adapted.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »
That's enough internet for you today
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 03:31:51 PM »
I don't know how Macy's marketed sheets as plain white but I saw one hanging outside somebody's house with a swastika on it. Doggone it, Macy's! What's wrong with you?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »
The real crime here by Nike is the black Air Max 97 (or really 98% of the Air Max 97 colorways) that is ugly as sin

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 04:43:07 PM »
Happy belated Air Max day to everyone, speaking of, the new Max Pre-Days are 🔥...just waiting for more color ways

https://www.menshealth.com/style/a35937228/nike-air-max-day-2021/

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 08:58:31 PM »
Nike has nothing to do with that  ::)

Apparently Nike was concerned that CrowdOf5 wasn’t the only person confused about this. They filed a lawsuit for infringement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/nike-lil-nas-x-satan-blood-shoe-mschf-lawsuit-2021-3%3famp
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 09:06:09 PM »
Where you one of the people who protested against Harry Potter?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 09:33:07 PM »
whole thing is a publicuty stunt. and its working.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 11:46:56 PM »

If you’d get off those right wing sites, you wouldn’t post anything this stupid. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And then you embarrassed yourself further by sending it to Lovell?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 11:53:52 PM »
The good news is that this is an example of acceptable cancel culture. Way different than the Dr. Seuss or Mr. Potatohead bullcrap

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 12:18:50 AM »
If you’d get off those right wing sites, you wouldn’t post anything this stupid. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And then you embarrassed yourself further by sending it to Lovell?

I’ve seen these shoes and this story all over the place, not “right wing sites”. Maybe don’t automatically silo people.

Tagging Lovell is hilariously lame tho, won’t disagree with that

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 05:57:08 AM »
whole thing is a publicuty stunt. and its working.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 08:06:27 AM »
Ah yes.  Back in the day it was Dungeons and Dragons and Dee Snider's teeth.  Today it's the shoes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 08:53:28 AM »
I’ve seen these shoes and this story all over the place, not “right wing sites”. Maybe don’t automatically silo people.

Tagging Lovell is hilariously lame tho, won’t disagree with that

I should have been clearer. The stories were everywhere. But MSM sites also were clear about the fact that Nike had nothing to do with the re-purposed shoes.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 08:56:43 AM »

Yup saw it. Saw lots of rubes fall right into the trap too. I didn't have a new Satanic Panic on my bingo card for 2021, but I'm here for it. It's an *excellent* way to identify the intersection of "sucker" and "feckless political hack attempting to cynically open fronts on their forever culture war."

Big fan.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »
Yup saw it. Saw lots of rubes fall right into the trap too. I didn't have a new Satanic Panic on my bingo card for 2021, but I'm here for it. It's an *excellent* way to identify the intersection of "sucker" and "feckless political hack attempting to cynically open fronts on their forever culture war."

Big fan.

If this was another religion outside of Christianity that was upset or offended by this stunt, would you still have the same response? Don't you think this is pretty intentionally antagonistic toward Christians?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
If this was another religion outside of Christianity that was upset or offended by this stunt, would you still have the same response? Don't you think this is pretty intentionally antagonistic toward Christians?

I am totally amazed that to this day there are people thick enough to believe that the Book of Revelations is anything but high fantasy.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »
I am totally amazed that to this day there are people thick enough to believe that the Book of Revelations is anything but high fantasy.

Kind of speaks to my point here. Insulting Christians/Christianity doesn't really seem to be a problem, even on a page with not so subtle religious ties. If a similar comment were made about followers of other religions, most people would recognize how insulting that is and push back against it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
Kind of speaks to my point here. Insulting Christians/Christianity doesn't really seem to be a problem, even on a page with not so subtle religious ties. If a similar comment were made about followers of other religions, most people would recognize how insulting that is and push back against it.

For the record because Catholics don't follow the book of revelations it's actually a comment more on Protestants than it is Christians.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »

What's antagonistic here?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 10:35:44 AM »

Not really, do you take a literal interpretation of every word of the bible?  You're just being argumentative because you want to play the victim here.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 10:40:49 AM »
What's antagonistic here?

Using all the Biblical references as part of a production that essentially honors the seduction of Satan seems to be very purposeful. It mocks the Biblical guidance of avoiding sin and resisting the devil's temptation. Again, I doubt the question would even be asked if this was not a play on Christian beliefs.

Do you think a BBQ restaurant owner pricing pork sandwiches using a Quran verse reference would be viewed as antagonistic or mocking of Islam?