[Today at 06:22:07 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nike Devil Shoe  (Read 5389 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Nike Devil Shoe
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »
Cool, conflict resolved: I don't think any group is immune from mockery.

...true, but if you mock the "woke" group you just may be out of a job.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »

Or be hired to host a prime time show on Fox News.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2021, 02:44:19 PM »

... but what if your mockery is releasing art designed to annoy thin-skinned performative Christians and the thin-skinned performative Christians you targeted do things like vow never to listen to your music again? Is that different somehow?

You're not immune from mockery based on your "woke" quotient, and you're not immune to social consequences for your mockery if you cross a line. That's free speech. People went ballistic when Kathy Griffin held up the decapitated trump head prop for a picture and she lost work because of it. Is that because her art was criticizing famous member of a woke group Donald Trump? Or was that the marketplace of ideas reacting to what was perceived as something "over the line?" Chuck Lorre seems to be landing on his feet releasing a show about an Afgan interpreter coming to America in 2021. Sure, people are grumbling on the internet... kinda exactly like what people are doing about Lil Nas X and his shoes/music video. The world is not carved into "okay to mock/not okay to mock" based on some kind of "woke" passport.

This didn't start as some grand statement about the cultural acceptability of speech in America. It started as a narrow observation that Lil Nas X triggered people in the most predictable way possible, and I find them falling for it to be very funny.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »

This is racist.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 03:43:16 PM »
... but what if your mockery is releasing art designed to annoy thin-skinned performative Christians and the thin-skinned performative Christians you targeted do things like vow never to listen to your music again? Is that different somehow?

You're not immune from mockery based on your "woke" quotient, and you're not immune to social consequences for your mockery if you cross a line. That's free speech. People went ballistic when Kathy Griffin held up the decapitated trump head prop for a picture and she lost work because of it. Is that because her art was criticizing famous member of a woke group Donald Trump? Or was that the marketplace of ideas reacting to what was perceived as something "over the line?" Chuck Lorre seems to be landing on his feet releasing a show about an Afgan interpreter coming to America in 2021. Sure, people are grumbling on the internet... kinda exactly like what people are doing about Lil Nas X and his shoes/music video. The world is not carved into "okay to mock/not okay to mock" based on some kind of "woke" passport.

This didn't start as some grand statement about the cultural acceptability of speech in America. It started as a narrow observation that Lil Nas X triggered people in the most predictable way possible, and I find them falling for it to be very funny.

Jficke, you have had a couple of great post today. Like you, I feel anything is worthy of being mocked.

I don't care if I am mocked here - I already know if it is deserved (sometimes) or just the whining of one of those who complain about woke people and don't see the irony in their post.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
Who's human blood is in the shoes?

This is an important question which will help me determine their value.

PS I am Christian and don't give a rip about the shoes. The outrage is hilarious.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2021, 12:29:50 PM »
The Onion always seems to hit the right note.  Today's headline.

Conservative Christian Deeply Offended At Rap Video’s Implication That Satan A Homosexual

feedback