[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Killings gone  (Read 8868 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Killings gone
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 02:05:09 AM »
I mean I guess he has better success getting ACs to the HC level than he does getting kids to the NBA....

Well, thanks for Wojo unleashing Juan his senior year (lol), he can now count Henry, Juan, and Markus.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2021, 09:03:10 AM »
How about Baldwin and his son?

I heard a rumor (non-Marquette source), even before MU was 1st-rd ousted from the BET, that Pat Baldwin will be the next head coach of Marquette.

To think of the irony there’s even a slight possibility NU’s Chris Collins unwittingly sent Wojo’s successor up to Milwaukee, right next door to him.

If it came down to TJO and Pitino, it’s a no-brainer. You take the baggage and welcome Rick to MU. Pat Baldwin and Pitino, OTOH, requires some thought. I would still take Baldwin, even without his son.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 09:06:05 AM »
I heard a rumor (non-Marquette source), even before MU was 1st-rd ousted from the BET, that Pat Baldwin will be the next head coach of Marquette.

To think of the irony there’s even a slight possibility NU’s Chris Collins unwittingly sent Wojo’s successor up to Milwaukee, right next door to him.

If it came down to TJO and Pitino, it’s a no-brainer. You take the baggage and welcome Rick to MU. Pat Baldwin and Pitino, OTOH, requires some thought. I would still take Baldwin, even without his son.

What has Baldwin done that would make him an attractive coach other than his son? UWM is not an easy place to win, but other than a few good Horizon League tournaments, Baldwin hasn’t done much.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
“UWM is not an easy place to win”.
Understatement of the century.

Pat Baldwin, given a chance at Marquette, would elevate his game substantially. He’s the perfect fit. Really, really knows the Midwest. Understands what it’s like to produce for an institution (NU both as a student-athlete and coach) that wants to keep its academic reputation strong.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »
I would welcome Pat Baldwin with open arms...

...as a replacement for Coach Killings.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »

You had me goin in the first half.

Solid follow through. 👍🏼

panda

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2021, 09:38:35 AM »

Lol nice. Imagine the excitement of Wojo leaving only to be replaced by the current UWM HC from the Chris Collins coaching tree.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »
“UWM is not an easy place to win”.
Understatement of the century.

Pat Baldwin, given a chance at Marquette, would elevate his game substantially. He’s the perfect fit. Really, really knows the Midwest. Understands what it’s like to produce for an institution (NU both as a student-athlete and coach) that wants to keep its academic reputation strong.

Are you his agent? His CV was representative of the job he got. Which even if it is a tough place to win, hasn’t merited a promotion to even a MVC or A10 job, much less a profile and budget like Marquette. Claiming a guy who spent the entirety of his assistant career at middling/losing programs, and then an inauspicious HC tenure, would decidedly “elevate his game substantially” is absurdly baseless speculation.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
Not surprised. Only heard great things. Congrats Dwayne!

+1

Agreed! Good for him and his family, big step and could be a nice path for him on the road to higher places
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2021, 10:11:39 AM »
Pat Baldwin Jan. 24th and after, past three seasons:

2018-19: 0-11 to the end the season.

2019-20: 2-9, 0-6 to end season

2020-21: 1-6, 5 in a row at the end. Untill winning 3 in a row and blowing the game vs CSU (HL semi's). 4-7
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2021, 10:12:36 AM »
Pat Baldwin Jan. 24th and after, past three seasons:

2018-19: 0-11

2019-20: 2-9, 0-6 to end season

2020-21: 1-6, 5 in a row at the end. Untill winning 3 in a row and blowing the game vs CSU. 4-7

In other words, he’d fit right in at Marquette.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
Silent Verbal.

He sure would.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2021, 03:31:53 PM »
Marquette will likely still pay well for a new assistant (or two!).  Wojo and a new assistant will still bet on themselves to win and MU likely ends up with a good assistant coach.   The hope is we get one that can help Wojo get over his shortcomings.
Thats right. Hire somebody to cover Wojo-Dukiets shortcomings. Makes sense and is better than finding a winner coach. That...might be difficult.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.