[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Basketball Program  (Read 31384 times)

panda

• All American
Re: MU Basketball Program
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2021, 08:25:14 PM »
This is an absolute dumpster fire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:45 PM »
And the frustrations aren't that this is just one bad year.  This is the third straight year of a late season collapse, and it's doubtful that there is going to be a change this off-season. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »
Duz anythin' good ever come outta Twitter, hey?
No  nothing does  but there are many clowns that are obsessed with it.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »
I'm not "offended" by Theo's tweet.  I just think it was really stupid for him reply to some random fan's thoughtless "who even cares" comment.  This is big time college basketball, and I'm sure these guys are told time and again not to engage with fans in such a manner on social media.  As a senior leader, Theo should know better.  All he's doing is bringing more negative attention to an already bad situation.  It's not a great look for the program.

Outside of Chico, you have been Wojo's biggest acolyte on this board for years, and were a big time jerk to anyone who dared question his greatness.  And now that there is absolutely zero to be positive about in terms of Wojo, your only move is to criticize posters whose opinions you disagree with, probably because you're feeling salty about being so wrong in regards to all that "we got our guy" stuff.  Very soon, maybe in the next month but *definitely* sometime between now and March 2022, Wojo will no longer be our coach.  It was a bad hire, and it just didn't work out.  And when he's gone, I'm not sure how you're going to handle it.  My guess is you'll head to Kohl's and buy up all the red you possibly can.

You seem very thin skinned.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2021, 08:31:13 PM »
Social media sucks.   Especially when you are the brunt of fans' frustration.    And it is easy to say that players and their families should stay off of it.

Family members of players have posted here.  We had a mom whose daughter dated a player who was the brunt of fans' frustration.

The Dieners still remember and hold a grudge toward Murf for calling Travis a dime a dozen point guard.

Mother Hauser never forgot how Wisconsin fan treated her sons.

Mrs. Buzz scanned message boards.

There was a reddit thread pointing out racism on MU message boards.

Words have consequences.   All over the place.   Players, families, and their friends read message boards and social media.  Real people with real lives and real feelings.

It is a frustrating season.   For everyone involved.   But these young amateur athletes are doing their best to represent the university most of us went to.   They don't suck.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 08:32:01 PM »
I see Mrs Carton chimed in. She’s all class isn’t she?  She’s the one incredibly thin skinned and then attacks a guy trying to keep things civil.

Haven’t had this much twitter action since Holly Ellenson took the flamethrower to Wojo’s soul

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 08:34:09 PM »
Who’s the soft ass that made a burner today just to rip on the team? Even bringing race into it. Put your name out there if you’re going to do this garbage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleMarqs/with_replies

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 08:34:37 PM »
Theo has for four years represented Marquette far better than a lot of scoopers.
if were being serious if theo wasnt on our team nobody on here would like him. look at the words used on here to describe the seton hall big man. "punk" "thug". and why exactly. theo has given death stares, stood over people, and thrown elbows etc. now hes getting into twitter crap. whats so great about how he represents the uni? seems like any other guy

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:00 PM »
if were being serious if theo wasnt on our team nobody on here would like him. look at the words used on here to describe the seton hall big man. "punk" "thug". and why exactly. theo has given death stares, stood over people, and thrown elbows etc. now hes getting into twitter crap. whats so great about how he represents the uni? seems like any other guy

"Death stares?"  Oh my.  Better grab a blanket and a fainting couch. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2021, 08:38:18 PM »
Actually, I am a big fan of athletes who take social stances I agree with.   When they do that, after that my dislike stops at the edge of the court/field/arena.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2021, 08:39:32 PM »
Get ahold of your program Wojo. What a complete and utter failure. If he has any dignity left he’ll give back the $10m he robbed from Marquette over the last 7 years.

Marquette basketball is an embarrassment.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2021, 08:41:51 PM »
Actually, I am a big fan of athletes who take social stances I agree with.   When they do that, after that my dislike stops at the edge of the court/field/arena.
Haha so you’re just as biased as biased as everyone else. You need to stop playing the “moral high ground” card, buddy. You don’t have it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »
The team is short on talent and certainly short on coaching but I haven't seen any evidence of the guys quitting.  Sometimes we forget this season, Covid included, has been tough and frustrating on them as well.

"Not quitting" isn't too much to ask nor should it really be commended.  This is competitive sports. I understand the desire to be empathetic towards the players.  It's been a tough year for everyone and I do feel for these guys as well as all the kids now in college.   At the same time we don't praise anyone, including 18-22 year olds, for "not quitting" in whatever job they have or field of study they have chosen. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »
Lol.  Thanks for that $5.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 08:50:24 PM by tower912 »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2021, 09:04:06 PM »
A fan replied to the MU account saying "Who even cares anymore?"

Theo replied: "We do... have some faith or stfu. Respectfully."

I've got to think Theo will get his hand slapped for that. Why respond to such a vanilla post? I'm actually surprised he hasn't been told to delete the post yet. If that's his reaction internally, that's fine, good even, but you can't share that thought when you're part of the public eye like he is. Being in the spotlight is a double-edged sword. MU's staff needs to remind the players of that.

Plus, what are we supposed to have faith in? This season is lost. No chance at the NCAA's, no chance at a winning conference record, and very likely we finish under. 500 for the year.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »
so a "fan" asks who even cares, and a player answers, and people are getting bent outta shape?
Some of you need to find a hobby. A pandemic is a perfect time to find a hobby to explore that doesnt depend on anyone than yourself.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2021, 09:09:22 PM »
Theo's the same guy who told fans that didn't agree with his politics to not bother rooting for the team.  This is who he is.  I just wish he played as tough as he talked.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2021, 09:10:41 PM »
Social media sucks.   Especially when you are the brunt of fans' frustration.    And it is easy to say that players and their families should stay off of it.

Family members of players have posted here.  We had a mom whose daughter dated a player who was the brunt of fans' frustration.

The Dieners still remember and hold a grudge toward Murf for calling Travis a dime a dozen point guard.

Mother Hauser never forgot how Wisconsin fan treated her sons.

Mrs. Buzz scanned message boards.

There was a reddit thread pointing out racism on MU message boards.

Words have consequences.   All over the place.   Players, families, and their friends read message boards and social media.  Real people with real lives and real feelings.

It is a frustrating season.   For everyone involved.   But these young amateur athletes are doing their best to represent the university most of us went to.   They don't suck.

Ok... enough is enough. Let’s separate being a good person, from playing good basketball. Since Wojo has arrived, he has brought nothing but upstanding young gentlemen into the program.

However, the product on the court speaks for itself, AND IT SUCKS. This is not just a one year anomaly. We’re in second to last place in the BEAST and the only team below us, beat us team at home.

There are millions of dollars being spent on these “amateur” athletes and program. If you can’t stand the brights lights then do what Ed Morrow did and quit.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2021, 09:12:55 PM »
We have a player telling a fan to STFU. We have parent of a player telling fans not to watch. We have a coach that has a three-year streak of a collapse at the end of the season.

There is absolutely no way a change is not made in a few weeks. Unfortunately, with more expected losses upcoming, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2021, 09:16:16 PM »
I've got to think Theo will get his hand slapped for that. Why respond to such a vanilla post? I'm actually surprised he hasn't been told to delete the post yet. If that's his reaction internally, that's fine, good even, but you can't share that thought when you're part of the public eye like he is. Being in the spotlight is a double-edged sword. MU's staff needs to remind the players of that.

Plus, what are we supposed to have faith in? This season is lost. No chance at the NCAA's, no chance at a winning conference record, and very likely we finish under. 500 for the year.
Did you ever stop to think that the players and the coaches don’t give a flying unnatural carnal knowledge what you and I and all the other entitled POS fans think?  Probably can’t wrap your head around that can you? 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2021, 09:16:21 PM »
We have a player telling a fan to STFU. We have parent of a player telling fans not to watch. We have a coach that has a three-year streak of a collapse at the end of the season.

There is absolutely no way a change is not made in a few weeks. Unfortunately, with more expected losses upcoming, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

So we're not going to run the table and win the BET? 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2021, 09:17:33 PM »
This is an absolute dumpster fire

Agreed.  There are 50 things or so off the top of my head that we need to fix.  :(

Warrior🏀

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »
Who’s the soft ass that made a burner today just to rip on the team? Even bringing race into it. Put your name out there if you’re going to do this garbage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleMarqs/with_replies

This KyleMarqs troll is gross. He's trolling other players, as well.  I just reported him on Twitter.  Suggest more of us do the same.

https://twitter.com/kyleMarqs/status/1361136528987144193

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »
Quote from: Silent Verbal link=topic=61447.msg1309457#msg1309457

and were a big time jerk to anyone who dared question his greatness. 
[/quote

This is wades in literally any thread on scoop.

Warrior-Eagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2021, 09:27:40 PM »
Theo's the same guy who told fans that didn't agree with his politics to not bother rooting for the team.  This is who he is.  I just wish he played as tough as he talked.

Your Mom should make sure she monitors your time on internet and your courageous comments reflects someone who hides behind his keyboard. You are an idiot and likely not an MU grad that suggests courage does not include making statements on and off the courts that Theo has made. Go back to Madison where you belong  where black students are less than 2 % of  students on campus.. including the football team.......