'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Basketball Program  (Read 31393 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MU Basketball Program
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
Yeah?  Why?

You're insinuating the entire team is thin-skinned.  That's dumb.  Pretty simple. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 07:16:07 PM »
Since you brought it up... Theo John painted himself into a corner with his comments at the beginning of the season. I guess what goes around, comes around, hey?

One can either choose to stand with Theo or not. It’s fine to choose not to, but Theo certainly isn’t to blame for that choice.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 07:17:28 PM »
Don’t ask questions you won’t like the answers to.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 07:19:59 PM »
The team is short on talent and certainly short on coaching but I haven't seen any evidence of the guys quitting.  Sometimes we forget this season, Covid included, has been tough and frustrating on them as well. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »
I didnt think the fan's comment was nasty in any way. Theo's comment was uncalled for and makes him look like a martyr. I get it, he plays hard and probably takes it to heart, but not a good idea to alleniate your fans at any level

Maybe nasty isn't the right word but I thought it was unnecessary.  But you're right, Theo's comment looks bad.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »
Maybe nasty isn't the right word but I thought it was unnecessary.  But you're right, Theo's comment looks bad.
Yes definitely unneccessary. Sad that it has gotten to this point.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »
Since you brought it up... Theo John painted himself into a corner with his comments at the beginning of the season. I guess what goes around, comes around, hey?

Yet you're still here.  Amazing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 07:37:11 PM »
The team is short on talent and certainly short on coaching but I haven't seen any evidence of the guys quitting.  Sometimes we forget this season, Covid included, has been tough and frustrating on them as well.

Well said

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
Maybe the players should take all their anger and frustration with us stupid tweeter/forum whiners and show us.....show us how you are good and can ball, ball the F$$K out y’all!! Let’s Go!!!

#ShowUs
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Viper

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 07:38:37 PM »
One can either choose to stand with Theo or not. It’s fine to choose not to, but Theo certainly isn’t to blame for that choice.
but to reply as he did? Really? Weak sauce.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »
but to reply as he did? Really? Weak sauce.

Perhaps. I don’t find anything wrong with Theo’s or the other guy’s comments. Theo is frustrated, we ALL understand that. Theo is one of us and has never given a half hearted effort. He has never shown a single moment that he doesn’t care. If I were him, I’d probably feel a little rubbed, too. He has earned the benefit of the doubt, especially from us, and some room to be an early 20 something year old. It has nothing to do with what Theo said at the beginning of the year. That is the weak sauce.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 07:55:23 PM »
The irony of Scoopers calling Wojo and the team thin skinned and then being offended by Theo’s Tweet is rich.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2021, 07:59:17 PM »
The irony of Scoopers calling Wojo and the team thin skinned and then being offended by Theo’s Tweet is rich.

Well said. Empathy goes a long way.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 08:03:49 PM »
Going 18 for 60 isn't going to win you many games.
Cain 3 of 13.
Dawson 0 for 6.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 08:05:13 PM »

Could not agree more.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 08:06:26 PM »

They are so very fragile.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 08:10:04 PM »
Could not agree more.

4ever and his shtick is really getting old here.

And honestly a lot of this boomer schtick is. 18-22 Year old kids can be more than just athletes. Their stance on politics have zero impact on the results on the court.

Happy to expound more if anyone cares to disagree but the attitude from this board toward a great group of kids (OUTSIDE OF BASKETBALL) is disgusting.

Comment away on basektball. Outside of that, STFU.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 08:12:06 PM »
Theo has for four years represented Marquette far better than a lot of scoopers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2021, 08:12:50 PM »
4ever and his shtick is really getting old here.

And honestly a lot of this boomer schtick is. 18-22 Year old kids can be more than just athletes. Their stance on politics have zero impact on the results on the court.

Happy to expound more if anyone cares to disagree but the attitude from this board toward a great group of kids (OUTSIDE OF BASKETBALL) is disgusting.

Comment away on basektball. Outside of that, STFU.
"Good for you"

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2021, 08:14:05 PM »
MU has recruited some fine people to the program, it is criminal to have their talents wasted under this coach.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 08:15:26 PM »

I'm not "offended" by Theo's tweet.  I just think it was really stupid for him reply to some random fan's thoughtless "who even cares" comment.  This is big time college basketball, and I'm sure these guys are told time and again not to engage with fans in such a manner on social media.  As a senior leader, Theo should know better.  All he's doing is bringing more negative attention to an already bad situation.  It's not a great look for the program.

Outside of Chico, you have been Wojo's biggest acolyte on this board for years, and were a big time jerk to anyone who dared question his greatness.  And now that there is absolutely zero to be positive about in terms of Wojo, your only move is to criticize posters whose opinions you disagree with, probably because you're feeling salty about being so wrong in regards to all that "we got our guy" stuff.  Very soon, maybe in the next month but *definitely* sometime between now and March 2022, Wojo will no longer be our coach.  It was a bad hire, and it just didn't work out.  And when he's gone, I'm not sure how you're going to handle it.  My guess is you'll head to Kohl's and buy up all the red you possibly can.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2021, 08:16:31 PM »
I see Mrs Carton chimed in. She’s all class isn’t she?  She’s the one incredibly thin skinned and then attacks a guy trying to keep things civil.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2021, 08:20:26 PM »
I'm not "offended" by Theo's tweet.  I just think it was really stupid for him reply to some random fan's thoughtless "who even cares" comment.  This is big time college basketball, and I'm sure these guys are told time and again not to engage with fans in such a manner on social media.  As a senior leader, Theo should know better.  All he's doing is bringing more negative attention to an already bad situation.  It's not a great look for the program.

Actually this is an 18-22 young man first. Perhaps as a senior leader he is standing up for his team. He is an outstanding young man and representative of MU. He is not bringing any negative attention to the situation, other people are choosing to make it negative. Perhaps that’s where the “not a good look” should be focused.

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 08:22:34 PM »
I see Mrs Carton chimed in. She’s all class isn’t she?  She’s the one incredibly thin skinned and then attacks a guy trying to keep things civil.

She really needs to stop responding.  It doesn't look good at all.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 08:23:34 PM »

Outside of Chico, you have been Wojo's biggest acolyte on this board for years, and were a big time jerk to anyone who dared question his greatness.  And now that there is absolutely zero to be positive about in terms of Wojo, your only move is to criticize posters whose opinions you disagree with, probably because you're feeling salty about being so wrong in regards to all that "we got our guy" stuff.  Very soon, maybe in the next month but *definitely* sometime between now and March 2022, Wojo will no longer be our coach.  It was a bad hire, and it just didn't work out.  And when he's gone, I'm not sure how you're going to handle it.  My guess is you'll head to Kohl's and buy up all the red you possibly can.
Exactly,  not offended either, just saying it's not a good look, but at the same time I understand the frustration.

feedback