collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 182793 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #1450 on: August 15, 2021, 09:32:12 AM »
So it appears that the Brewers are waiving Travis Shaw off the injured list.  No surprise given the acquisition of multiple infielders, most notably Escobar and Tellez.  A sincere Thank You for the contribution the 'Mayor of Ding Dong City' has made this year.  Always playing full speed, he carried the team for extended periods back in April and May. 

Yeah kinda sad but completely understandable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1451 on: August 15, 2021, 10:41:44 AM »
First career start and was a Rule 5 pick last year to boot.  Absolutely amazing

Fortunately I was on mlb.tv and they posted the "no hitter" alert - watched the last 3 outs "live".  Mowed them down.  Fun times.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1452 on: August 15, 2021, 10:57:19 AM »
So it appears that the Brewers are waiving Travis Shaw off the injured list.  No surprise given the acquisition of multiple infielders, most notably Escobar and Tellez.  A sincere Thank You for the contribution the 'Mayor of Ding Dong City' has made this year.  Always playing full speed, he carried the team for extended periods back in April and May.

.157 and .191 the last 2 years he played for the Brewers. Got rid of him and Arcia this year. My 2 least fave Brewer hitters in a long time.

I won’t miss them a bit. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: August 15, 2021, 12:27:03 PM »
.157 and .191 the last 2 years he played for the Brewers. Got rid of him and Arcia this year. My 2 least fave Brewer hitters in a long time.

I won’t miss them a bit.

As a ballplayer at this stage of his career, I agree.  But no one can ever question his hustle, leadership, and commitment to the team.  He'll have earned his ring if the Crew gets one and is always welcome back at Am Fam.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: August 15, 2021, 12:37:27 PM »
Also was playing through some tough personal times. Daughter was in the PICU at Children’s his last stint. From everything I’ve heard, he’s a really good person.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: August 15, 2021, 01:21:19 PM »
Also was playing through some tough personal times. Daughter was in the PICU at Children’s his last stint. From everything I’ve heard, he’s a really good person.

Yep. And from what I've heard, the same goes for Arcia.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1456 on: August 15, 2021, 03:47:31 PM »
As a ballplayer at this stage of his career, I agree.  But no one can ever question his hustle, leadership, and commitment to the team.  He'll have earned his ring if the Crew gets one and is always welcome back at Am Fam.

Yeah I agree. Plus he was outstanding his 1st year in Milwaukee.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: August 15, 2021, 03:49:50 PM »
Yep. And from what I've heard, the same goes for Arcia.

People like to criticize athletes, but, generally they are pretty good people. Arcia was great in the dugout, but that big looping swing drove me nuts.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1458 on: August 15, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
Yeah kinda sad but completely understandable.

Did dey ax #12 if it wuz ok wit 'im, hey?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:42:38 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WI_Inferiority_Complexes1

• Walk-On
« Reply #1459 on: August 15, 2021, 04:36:39 PM »
The White Sox certainly do not play World Series Champion defense.

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: August 18, 2021, 07:44:33 AM »
Jack Morris should be fired today.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: August 18, 2021, 07:53:24 AM »
Really? BFD, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #1462 on: August 18, 2021, 08:01:52 AM »
Really? BFD, hey?

Ah....ignoring casual racism.  Shocking.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: August 18, 2021, 08:06:40 AM »
Jack Morris should be fired today.
The Elmer Fudd defense.

He apologized as soon as it was brought to his attention.

I assume he will be let go.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 08:08:54 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1464 on: August 18, 2021, 09:20:51 AM »
As always, I'm a big believer in second chances, so I hope he doesn't get canned. I hope he is given a chance to learn and grow.

But his apology was extremely weak -- the old "if I offended" not-really-apology -- and I certainly wouldn't be outraged if he's gone.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: August 18, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »
As always, I'm a big believer in second chances, so I hope he doesn't get canned. I hope he is given a chance to learn and grow.

But his apology was extremely weak -- the old "if I offended" not-really-apology -- and I certainly wouldn't be outraged if he's gone.

Reading some articles, I don’t know that this is totally out of character for him. It looks like he’s kind of known for making thinly veiled racist comments. This one just seems to be more explicit than normal.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1466 on: August 18, 2021, 09:25:53 AM »
Reading some articles, I don’t know that this is totally out of character for him. It looks like he’s kind of known for making thinly veiled racist comments. This one just seems to be more explicit than normal.

I didn't know that about him, so maybe he's already had second and third and fourth chances. If so, it's time to drop the curtain.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1467 on: August 18, 2021, 09:58:34 AM »

Ah....ignoring casual racism.  Shocking.

Not condoning what he said, but this is definitely not chit-canned worthy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1468 on: August 18, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »

Not condoning what he said, but this is definitely not chit-canned worthy, aina?

In most occupations, I would agree. For on-air journalists? Not sure that I do.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: August 18, 2021, 10:06:01 AM »

You might be right, but when you say "BFD" you lead me to believe that you don't think it's a big f*cking deal.

Guys lack Jack Morris are a dime a dozen.  Not sure why you would have enough loyalty to him to give him a second chance. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: August 18, 2021, 12:19:00 PM »
Guess I'm not woke enough. Would be interested what Ohtani's comments were upon hearing the clip. I'm thinking he won't make a thing about it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1471 on: August 18, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
Guess I'm not woke enough. Would be interested what Ohtani's comments were upon hearing the clip. I'm thinking he won't make a thing about it, hey?

Doesn't just matter what Ohtani thinks hey?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: August 18, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »

This is going to be some radical news, but there are more people in the world than just you. Some of them may have opinions that differ from yours. Some may be harder to offend, or easier. The fact that you don't see what Morris said as a fireable offense is, to put it charitably, irrelevant to whether he should or will be. The people who actually have a stake in the Tigers organization and Ballysports are the people whose opinions matter. Somewhat less so, the people who watch Tigers broadcasts may have opinions that matter (in so far as they could choose not to keep watching so long as Morris is employed). But a random dude with no ties whatsoever to the Tigers who just really wants to make sure that no consequences attach to Morris in this situation... uh... less so.

Do you have a reason for leaping to Morris' defense? Because regardless of how "bad" what he said was, the only reason I could see feeling compelled to argue publicly that it shouldn't be grounds for dismissal is if you think "eh, sounds like something I might say and I sure don't want those pitchforks coming for me."

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1473 on: August 18, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »

You might be right, but when you say "BFD" you lead me to believe that you don't think it's a big f*cking deal.

Guys lack Jack Morris are a dime a dozen.  Not sure why you would have enough loyalty to him to give him a second chance.

He absolutely should have a second chance. But that came and went-as well as a third chance.

He should just go to Barstool where his racism and misogyny would fit right in.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: August 18, 2021, 01:36:08 PM »
This is going to be some radical news, but there are more people in the world than just you. Some of them may have opinions that differ from yours. Some may be harder to offend, or easier. The fact that you don't see what Morris said as a fireable offense is, to put it charitably, irrelevant to whether he should or will be. The people who actually have a stake in the Tigers organization and Ballysports are the people whose opinions matter. Somewhat less so, the people who watch Tigers broadcasts may have opinions that matter (in so far as they could choose not to keep watching so long as Morris is employed). But a random dude with no ties whatsoever to the Tigers who just really wants to make sure that no consequences attach to Morris in this situation... uh... less so.

Do you have a reason for leaping to Morris' defense? Because regardless of how "bad" what he said was, the only reason I could see feeling compelled to argue publicly that it shouldn't be grounds for dismissal is if you think "eh, sounds like something I might say and I sure don't want those pitchforks coming for me."

Should Devin Funchess have been released by the Packers after recently telling reporters he can tell they’re smiling through their masks because their eyes get all “ch*nky”? 

He was reprimanded by the Packers, nothing more, and it was barely covered anywhere, especially after the Packers reprimand the day after the remarks.

You ok how that was handled?