[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 183060 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #825 on: July 03, 2021, 11:08:53 AM »
22 in what? They are 14th in runs per game.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/runs-per-game

They are 4th in the past 30 days

https://www.mlb.com/stats/team/runs?timeframe=-29

They could try to add a bat but I don't see them making a blockbuster deal. Maybe for a solid hitting utility guy. The only position where they really need an upgrade is 1B assuming Hiura doesn't keep hitting. Maybe CF but I think they are willing to sacrifice hitting for defense there.

Oh...I dunno.  I was looking at mlb.com.  Maybe team batting average?  Sorry.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #826 on: July 03, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
1. DeGrom has given up more runs in 3 starts without sticky stuff than he did the rest of the season. He suddenly just looks like the best pitcher in baseball now instead of the best of all time.

2. Ohtani is a beast.

deGroms last 2 starts

He gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in 6 innings

He gave up 3 runs(thanks to a fluke triple) in the first inning. Then proceeded to retire 18 guys in a row to finish his outing with 14 Ks.

You are a moron
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #827 on: July 03, 2021, 12:26:56 PM »
Since the Cubs and Brewers haven't played in a while, I've never even heard of Patrick Wisdom.  Dude goes in the first round to the Cards, he hits 4 career home runs prior to this year, and then he hits 9 dingers in his first 10 games when he gets called up as a 29 year old?

Things that make you say "Hmm..."

I think Adames accidentally picked up Wisdom's shipment, hey? 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #828 on: July 03, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »
22 in what? They are 14th in runs per game.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/runs-per-game

They are 4th in the past 30 days

https://www.mlb.com/stats/team/runs?timeframe=-29

They could try to add a bat but I don't see them making a blockbuster deal. Maybe for a solid hitting utility guy. The only position where they really need an upgrade is 1B assuming Hiura doesn't keep hitting. Maybe CF but I think they are willing to sacrifice hitting for defense there.

I agree with this.  Think they’ll look to add bullpen depth (as will much of baseball, I suppose).
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #829 on: July 03, 2021, 12:52:11 PM »
deGroms last 2 starts

He gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in 6 innings

He gave up 3 runs(thanks to a fluke triple) in the first inning. Then proceeded to retire 18 guys in a row to finish his outing with 14 Ks.

You are a moron

1. I stated a fact about his last 3 games.

2. I stated a fact he was the best pitcher in baseball.

3. I stated a fact that he is not the greatest pitcher of all time.

Whether I am a moron or not is an open question. But I was 100% correct in my statements.

4. I’ll give you one more fact. His spin rate is down in his last 3 starts.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #830 on: July 03, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
Oh...I dunno.  I was looking at mlb.com.  Maybe team batting average?  Sorry.

No worries and certainly no need to apologize.

The Brewers are last in MLB in team batting average at .219. So that's definitely an area they could/need to improve.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #831 on: July 03, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »
I think Adames accidentally picked up Wisdom's shipment, hey?

I chuckled.

I think Adames is really benefitting from being away from Tropicana. Supposedly he couldn’t see the ball really well. His stats now match his road splits I think.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #832 on: July 03, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »
1. I stated a fact about his last 3 games.

2. I stated a fact he was the best pitcher in baseball.

3. I stated a fact that he is not the greatest pitcher of all time.

Whether I am a moron or not is an open question. But I was 100% correct in my statements.

4. I’ll give you one more fact. His spin rate is down in his last 3 starts.

Uhh no. You did not state that he is the best pitcher in baseball or state he isnt the best pitcher of all time

"DeGrom has given up more runs in 3 starts without sticky stuff than he did the rest of the season. He suddenly just looks like the best pitcher in baseball now instead of the best of all time." You said what he looks like, never gave an actual indictation.

Also, regardless of your opinion that is not a face. Subjective would be the term.

deGrom in 3 starts since the crack down 2.50 era. deGroms career era.......2.50.

Like I said, you are moron. And this is appearing to be factual.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #833 on: July 03, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »
Uhh no. You did not state that he is the best pitcher in baseball or state he isnt the best pitcher of all time

"DeGrom has given up more runs in 3 starts without sticky stuff than he did the rest of the season. He suddenly just looks like the best pitcher in baseball now instead of the best of all time." You said what he looks like, never gave an actual indictation.

Also, regardless of your opinion that is not a face. Subjective would be the term.

deGrom in 3 starts since the crack down 2.50 era. deGroms career era.......2.50.

This is a wee bit misleading. A 2.50 ERA is outstanding, of course, but not where he's been the past four seasons. From 2018 to the start of the crackdown. his ERA was 1.90.
It's also worth noting that his K/9 the past three starts is 7.0, after being 10.7 since 2018.
That could be a three-game anomaly, or it could be because of the crackdown. But either way, it's not inaccurate to say his last three starts aren't reflective of what we've come to expect from deGrom is recent seasons.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #834 on: July 03, 2021, 03:36:02 PM »
I chuckled.

I think Adames is really benefitting from being away from Tropicana. Supposedly he couldn’t see the ball really well. His stats now match his road splits I think.

True for all Tampa Bay players in MKE. The center field "optics" really signal what the opposing pitchers are throwing.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #835 on: July 03, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »

Have your mom read to you what I have posted.

If facts don’t interest you, just call me names.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #836 on: July 03, 2021, 03:55:20 PM »
This is a wee bit misleading. A 2.50 ERA is outstanding, of course, but not where he's been the past four seasons. From 2018 to the start of the crackdown. his ERA was 1.90.
It's also worth noting that his K/9 the past three starts is 7.0, after being 10.7 since 2018.
That could be a three-game anomaly, or it could be because of the crackdown. But either way, it's not inaccurate to say his last three starts aren't reflective of what we've come to expect from deGrom is recent seasons.

If you remove the 1 inning from the Atlanta game, his ERA in the last 3 games is around 1.05.  Granted that’s not how ERA works, but it’s still more likely a single flukey/bad inning than an immediate regression.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #837 on: July 03, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »
If Houser and Lauer can keep it up, it’s a #donedeal.

I’m semi-confident in Houser. Mostly non- confident in Lauer.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #838 on: July 03, 2021, 06:01:00 PM »
No worries and certainly no need to apologize.

The Brewers are last in MLB in team batting average at .219. So that's definitely an area they could/need to improve.

Well...apparently our banter hasn't impacted their performance today.  Meanwhile the Cubs are an absolute dumpster fire.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #839 on: July 03, 2021, 06:06:38 PM »
The most impressive piece of the soon to be 11 game winning streak is it hasn’t even consisted of Yelich going nuclear. He only has 2 HRs and 5 RBIs batting .235. He has walked 11 times and scored 12 times though.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #840 on: July 03, 2021, 07:16:03 PM »
The most impressive piece of the soon to be 11 game winning streak is it hasn’t even consisted of Yelich going nuclear. He only has 2 HRs and 5 RBIs batting .235. He has walked 11 times and scored 12 times though.

Pitching gives this team a pretty high floor. Contributions from Hiura and JBJ rounding out the batting order have been big. Not a lot of nail bitters during this win streak.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #841 on: July 04, 2021, 08:21:06 AM »
Pitching gives this team a pretty high floor. Contributions from Hiura and JBJ rounding out the batting order have been big. Not a lot of nail bitters during this win streak.
Playoffs are all about your top 3 starters and your closer. Brewers top 3 starters and closer are as good as there is in baseball, maybe the best. That's why I feel like they have a legit shot at a world series win this year.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #842 on: July 04, 2021, 08:29:37 AM »
Playoffs are all about your top 3 starters and your closer. Brewers top 3 starters and closer are as good as there is in baseball, maybe the best. That's why I feel like they have a legit shot at a world series win this year.

That’s possibly true if the World Series started today. I don’t think any of them have thrown close to the innings they’d need to in order to win the World Series. Counsell is doing a good job managing innings with the 6 man rotation. If they can keep a sizable lead, that would be huge so they could skip some starts.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #843 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:49 AM »

Agreed, and not to mention two excellent setup guys in Williams and Boxberger, with closer stuff. 

Since acquiring Adames, 30-10.  What a roll they’re on. Lots can and does change in baseball after July 4 though. Long, long way to go yet. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #844 on: July 04, 2021, 08:51:31 AM »
That’s possibly true if the World Series started today. I don’t think any of them have thrown close to the innings they’d need to in order to win the World Series. Counsell is doing a good job managing innings with the 6 man rotation. If they can keep a sizable lead, that would be huge so they could skip some starts.

Counsell is just an excellent manager. Stearns and his front office do a nice job giving him talent, but he just knows which buttons to push, especially in September.  It’s no accident 3 consecutive postseasons under his watch, with a 4th and 2nd division title looking more and more likely.  He’s a gem.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #845 on: July 04, 2021, 08:56:07 AM »
Counsell is just an excellent manager. Stearns and his front office do a nice job giving him talent, but he just knows which buttons to push, especially in September.  It’s no accident 3 consecutive postseasons under his watch, with a 4th and 2nd division title looking more and more likely.  He’s a gem.

Counsell doesn't get enough credit.  Maybe it's his 'aw shucks' nature.  Best Brewer manager ever.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #846 on: July 04, 2021, 08:58:02 AM »
Well today is all we have to go by. Every other team and pitcher is at today as well.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #847 on: July 04, 2021, 08:59:30 AM »
If you remove the 1 inning from the Atlanta game, his ERA in the last 3 games is around 1.05.  Granted that’s not how ERA works, but it’s still more likely a single flukey/bad inning than an immediate regression.

Well, like you said, that's not how ERA works. Everyone would have a better ERA if you removed their worst innings.
And that still doesn't explain the reduced spin and K rates. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #848 on: July 04, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
Counsell doesn't get enough credit.  Maybe it's his 'aw shucks' nature.  Best Brewer manager ever.

Agree, especially last statement. No one else really close. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #849 on: July 04, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »
Well, like you said, that's not how ERA works. Everyone would have a better ERA if you removed their worst innings.
And that still doesn't explain the reduced spin and K rates.

Cole struggled again today - assuming his spin rate is down significantly.