[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...  (Read 25817 times)

Class71

• All American
Re: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »
It's a miracle, a miracle I say. What a coach, what a coach. Just think in another 7 years Wojo will leave for Duke and then we will be sorry, that's it we will be sorry ...
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:29 PM »
Yeah what kind of awful program has to come back from down 18 to beat the team picked last in the conference?  Obviously a competent program like, say, Villanova would never find itself in that situation.  Oh wait...

Well Wades, when Wojo has won two national championships, several conference titles, has our program a perennial top 10-15 school, etc., I will be more than happy, in fact I promise, to be completely unbothered and offer zero negativity after a game like tonight.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2021, 10:29:38 PM »
Sad day when we win and the board is as negative as when we lose.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »
Do the wins over Wisconsin and Creighton also "prove" that Wojo is a good coach? Why not? Did the players go rogue in those two games and do the exact opposite of what he coached them to do?

Not sure why I'm bothering. You finally have come out and admitted what everybody knew was true based on several years of inaccurate and incompetent posts:

YOU ARE ACTIVELY ROOTING FOR OUR ALMA MATER TO LOSE.

You are a joyless hack. You are irrelevant. And you obviously are not a Marquette fan. But I do appreciate the honesty:

You Aren't (clap-clap) ... Mar-quette (clap-clap)

Can we start a list of these posters?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2021, 10:32:26 PM »
I didn’t say that exactly. The idea is - wins against highly ranked teams coupled with bad losses to not highly ranked teams means - in my opinion- that we have the talent to compete but our preparedness, gameplan, coaching, etc lets us down against teams we should be creaming.

It is not some phenomenon only exclusive to MU. I'm not excusing all of their lousy performances vs. lesser teams on paper. But that's the reality of college bball. And frankly, I'd much rather take some crappy losses to the dregs of the big east or a non-conference sh*tter if it means they beat Bucky and few other highly ranked opponents.

Talent needs experience. The experience on MU's team this year is comprised of guys who have largely been relied on as nothing more than a role player before. It's nice to see some of them stepping up to the challenge.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2021, 10:32:59 PM »
They’re 7-3 and ranked 17 in the country. You may think they suck but unfortunately for you you don’t get a Top 25 vote.

They are ranked #50 in kenpom (before tonight’s results). It’s 2 above Marquette.

After tonight's results, Marquette is now ranked about Michigan State on KenPom  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2021, 10:34:29 PM »
Do the wins over Wisconsin and Creighton also "prove" that Wojo is a good coach? Why not? Did the players go rogue in those two games and do the exact opposite of what he coached them to do?

Not sure why I'm bothering. You finally have come out and admitted what everybody knew was true based on several years of inaccurate and incompetent posts:

YOU ARE ACTIVELY ROOTING FOR OUR ALMA MATER TO LOSE.

You are a joyless hack. You are irrelevant. And you obviously are not a Marquette fan. But I do appreciate the honesty:

You Aren't (clap-clap) ... Mar-quette (clap-clap)
And you’re an apologist hack that just wants everyone to shut the heck up so I can enjoy my wins over Georgetown and my not-worst-in-the-Big-East finishes year over year.

I’m not, nor have I ever been, actively cheering against the team. I am actively cheering against Wojo. He’s a horrible coach that’s ACTIVELY chipping away at (and probably has destroyed at this point) the foundation that was built for this program from 2003 until his hiring. He’s a Duke hack that didn’t have to earn anything after he graduated from Duke. K took him in and let him lead warm-up stretches until he landed a job at a high major where he could make millions. We were the unfortunate suckers that took the bait.

I have season tickets every single year and cheer for the team louder than you probably do. I boo Wojo too. But, unlike you seem to be, I’m not interested in making it a fan pissing contest.

Enjoy your vapid MU product and continue to sit on your hands while an entitled Dookie pilots us to irrelevance.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2021, 10:37:26 PM »
And you’re an apologist hack that just wants everyone to shut the heck up so I can enjoy my wins over Georgetown and my not-worst-in-the-Big-East finishes year over year.

I’m not, nor have I ever been, actively cheering against the team. I am actively cheering against Wojo. He’s a horrible coach that’s ACTIVELY chipping away at (and probably has destroyed at this point) the foundation that was built for this program from 2003 until his hiring. He’s a Duke hack that didn’t have to earn anything after he graduated from Duke. K took him in and let him lead warm-up stretches until he landed a job at a high major where he could make millions. We were the unfortunate suckers that took the bait.

I have season tickets every single year and cheer for the team louder than you probably do. I boo Wojo too. But, unlike you seem to be, I’m not interested in making it a fan pissing contest.

Enjoy your vapid MU product and continue to sit on your hands while an entitled Dookie pilots us to irrelevance.

Look, man, you effen admitted it. Finally, a little honesty from you. Don't ruin it.

You are a joyless hack and a troll who is obviously not a Marquette fan.

You Are (clap-clap) De-Paul (clap-clap)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2021, 10:39:40 PM »
Look, man, you effen admitted it. Finally, a little honesty from you. Don't ruin it.

You are a joyless hack and a troll who is obviously not a Marquette fan.

You Are (clap-clap) De-Paul (clap-clap)
Admitted what? That I want Wojo gone any way possible? Yeah. I’ll continue to admit that. I never ever said I cheer against the team. If you want to put words in my mouth you can - but you’re playing a game of “gotcha” and losing.

You are (clap clap) a content with mediocrity (clap clap)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2021, 10:43:11 PM »
Admitted what? That I want Wojo gone any way possible? Yeah. I’ll continue to admit that.

Yep. Thanks for again admitting that you want the team to lose. Don't ruin your one moment of honesty with the BS you're trying to peddle in its aftermath.

You're not a Marquette fan.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2021, 10:43:32 PM »
Admitted what? That I want Wojo gone any way possible? Yeah. I’ll continue to admit that. I never ever said I cheer against the team. If you want to put words in my mouth you can - but you’re playing a game of “gotcha” and losing.

Maybe you should start rooting for Wojo to do the Al--win a championship and retire? Then you can keep the interests aligned.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2021, 10:46:40 PM »

Well you did indicate you thought it was dumb the players were celebrating their 18 point come from behind win

That alone indicates you don't really support the team/players.

And that has nothing to do with the program or Wojo

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2021, 10:51:15 PM »
Well you did indicate you thought it was dumb the players were celebrating their 18 point come from behind win

The embarrassing part of the video was Wojo. Why not say “Sit down - this isn’t something we celebrate. We can celebrate like this when we win NCAAT games. These are building block games that we need to have a baseline expectation to win”. Instead Wojo jumps in the mosh pit like a buffoon with a sigh of relief that he might be able to ink another extension tomorrow.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2021, 10:51:43 PM »

What do you expect? He can't find a lick of joy in anything the players do, he admitted to wanting the team to lose, and he has a seething, deeply personal hatred of the coach.

It goes way beyond wanting the coach replaced, something that wouldn't bother many of us, maybe even most of us. He's simply not a Marquette fan.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2021, 10:53:00 PM »
The embarrassing part of the video was Wojo. Why not say “Sit down - this isn’t something we celebrate. We can celebrate like this when we win NCAAT games. These are building block games that we need to have a baseline expectation to win”. Instead Wojo jumps in the mosh pit like a buffoon with a sigh of relief that he might be able to ink another extension tomorrow.

Lol.

Team is waiting to jump on Wojo.  Yeah, Wojo should've chewed them out for wanting to celebrate an 18 point comeback win on the road.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2021, 10:58:39 PM »
Lol.

Team is waiting to jump on Wojo.  Yeah, Wojo should've chewed them out for wanting to celebrate an 18 point comeback win on the road.
Bet you were also a fan of the “Play Angry” speech prior to the NCAAT a couple years back?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2021, 11:00:52 PM »

You've clearly never been a coach, teacher or leader of kids/young adults.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2021, 11:07:40 PM »
Bet you were also a fan of the “Play Angry” speech prior to the NCAAT a couple years back?

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. But since it’ll make you happy, I’ll go with yes! Huge fan!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2021, 11:08:34 PM »
You've clearly never been a coach, teacher or leader of kids/young adults.
You’re entitled to your own coaching style. As, I suppose, Wojo is to his and I am to mine. Wojo’s results speak for themselves.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2021, 11:09:23 PM »
Well Wades, when Wojo has won two national championships, several conference titles, has our program a perennial top 10-15 school, etc., I will be more than happy, in fact I promise, to be completely unbothered and offer zero negativity after a game like tonight.

Wait, what? GTFO. There’s no way in hell Nova has accomplished all of that. I mean, they were down 18 to the team picked last in the BE before they won! Takes a special kind of incompetence to do that!

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2021, 11:09:51 PM »
To state that this team should not have celebrated is just ridiculous to say the least. These young men work hard all year long whether it be academically, in the weight room, or on the hardwood they certainly should celebrate one of life’s easiest lesson “don’t give up”. No matter how good or bad they played, their perseverance is admirable. Life’s difficult enough and can prove to be very short. Enjoy the moment and learn from takeaways. To think there are not going to be some tough discussions and teaching moments about tonight’s performance tomorrow is being a bit naive.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2021, 11:12:38 PM »
Also, how was Wojo’s post game presser? Any mentions of youth, inexperience, road games, long layoffs, rust, etc. I should be enraged over? (Seriously, I can’t even remember the last time I’ve watched any post game press conference for any sport other than when some odd highlight comes from one of them and goes viral.)

Also, since we’re discounting the Madison and Creighton wins because, you know, close games, down to the wire, fluke tip ins, etc., do I have to discount the Xavier and SHU losses because close games, buzzer beaters, unfavorable whistle, etc.? Or does that only count when we’re trying to downplay what Wojo has accomplished?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2021, 11:13:08 PM »
To state that this team should not have celebrated is just ridiculous to say the least. These young men work hard all year long whether it be academically, in the weight room, or on the hardwood they certainly should celebrate one of life’s easiest lesson “don’t give up”. No matter how good or bad they played, their perseverance is admirable. Life’s difficult enough and can prove to be very short. Enjoy the moment and learn from takeaways. To think there are not going to be some tough discussions and teaching moments about tonight’s performance tomorrow is being a bit naive.

This, of course.

There are some joyless mopes around these parts who would deny college basketball players the right to celebrate an emotional comeback win on the road. Remarkable.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2021, 11:14:54 PM »
Nope.  Seated in snow.

Don't you have a thread to start!?!

Stop wasting your time on this...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2021, 11:22:18 PM »
You’re entitled to your own coaching style. As, I suppose, Wojo is to his and I am to mine. Wojo’s results speak for themselves.

Got it. You're more Wolf Stansson and less Herb Brooks

feedback