Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...  (Read 25422 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2021, 09:41:51 PM »
Guys like me, love it.  Did you actually read my post.  I don't care about Wojo, I don't have a continuous hardon for what he does and doesn't do right like you.  They could fire him tomorrow and I would not lose sleep, they could extend his contract and I would blink.  Don't care.  The team won, that's it.
Therein lies the entire problem. To say you don’t care if he’s extended for another 2, 4, 8 years whatever is to say that you’re content with the mediocrity that his program embodies.

If that’s the case that’s entirely fine - but you and I have FAR different expectations for this program and, therefore, having this conversation wouldn’t be fair to you or me.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2021, 09:41:56 PM »
The post that I replied to was calling me an idiot for saying the talent on this team is a Top 10-15 team with a good coach.

Read the thread before posting moron.
My lord are you dense. So all the guys you mentioned that play/played for other teams are part of out top 10-15 roster this year?  What the F does Deonte Burton have to do with this year’s team genius?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2021, 09:41:59 PM »
I want to get rid of Wojo any way possible because I am 10,000% convinced he isn’t bringing us anything more than .500 in conference seasons.

I don’t get off to that - no judgments if you do.

Does “any way possible” including shouting all year on a board that nobody in the administration reads and has no consequence on the future of his job.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2021, 09:45:22 PM »
For the record I was singing this tune before we put ourselves in a position where we had to pay a multi-year buyout on this hack.
We put ourselves in a positions where we....

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
My lord are you dense. So all the guys you mentioned that play/played for other teams are part of out top 10-15 roster this year?  What the F does Deonte Burton have to do with this year’s team genius?
No they’re examples of guys that Wojo had on teams that were unranked or mediocre that excelled on ranked, sometimes highly ranked, teams elsewhere.

Is this hard calculus for you?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2021, 09:46:03 PM »
Could be worse, the BOT could all be geniuses like you: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59473.0
I pegged him for a dullard. I was wrong. He's a whiney twat.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2021, 09:46:52 PM »
Does “any way possible” including shouting all year on a board that nobody in the administration reads and has no consequence on the future of his job.
I’m trying to change the sentiment. If you don’t want to read my pamphlet - put me on ignore. I really don’t mind.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2021, 09:47:15 PM »
No they’re examples of guys that Wojo had on teams that were unranked or mediocre that excelled on ranked, sometimes highly ranked, teams elsewhere.

Is this hard calculus for you?

Depaul's message board has plenty of room, I'm sure.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2021, 09:51:37 PM »
There is no such thing as a bad conference road win.

There is no such thing as a bad 18 point comeback.

There is no such thing as a bad career night from a role playing senior who stayed.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2021, 09:52:56 PM »
There is no such thing as a bad conference road win.

There is no such thing as a bad 18 point comeback.

There is no such thing as a bad career night from a role playing senior who stayed.

My first thought post game was thank God he stayed. He persevered, he stayed, and he was the star tonight. God knows wojo didn’t make it easy for him to stay

nyg

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »
Therein lies the entire problem. To say you don’t care if he’s extended for another 2, 4, 8 years whatever is to say that you’re content with the mediocrity that his program embodies.

If that’s the case that’s entirely fine - but you and I have FAR different expectations for this program and, therefore, having this conversation wouldn’t be fair to you or me.

This is about tonights game, not about expectations for the program. It was about a team winning and then bashing on the coach. The Wojo expectations has been discussed to the point of no return and I have stayed out of that because it will certainly come up again after the next loss and maybe again after the next win.  It is now apparent to a further degree that there are certain posters who have a devisive hatred of the coach and the continuous initiations of new "Subject" threads of his demise will just keep evolving.  Thats why I lurk, read and don't comment on them.  I'll take the win after being down to a lesser team and so will the players.  Good for them. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2021, 09:57:06 PM »
I agree.   Way too much coddling of the Hausers and not enough Cain two years ago.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2021, 10:03:40 PM »
I'm pretty sold that Wojo isn't the guy.

But there are some absolutely embarrassing posts in this thread.

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:02 PM »
This roster with a good coach is a Top 10-15 team team in the country and competing for the Big East title. Wins over Wisconsin and Creighton prove that. Losses to far inferior teams are on the coach.

Pitcher-

Porky shares your concern about WOJO but do you honestly think we're a top 10-15 team talent wise?  Sure a better coach could get more out of our players but top 10-15 in talent?   Porky simply can't get there.  In Porky's humble opinion, our talent is about as average as average gets in the world of High Major D1 men's basketball rosters which is the world our program inhabits.  Maybe we're slightly above average, but that's probably generous.  Porky never got too excited about our 2 top 10 wins because both of them could have just as easily gone the other way.  We won the UW game due to a fluke tip in and Creighton had an off night when we played them and we had a better game than average statistically.  Not that Porky was unhappy we won those two games, but they were hardly convincing wins.  Now if we won both by at least 8-10 points and the outcome of those games wasn't in doubt with less than 4:00 to play in the second half, then maybe Porky could come around to your POV on our talent, but in Porky's admittedly amateur opinion, this team isn't there yet and has a long way to go.  Sure we have some promising youngsters but what high major D1 team doesn't?  Hopefully they'll continue to get better but at the end of the day we're a mediocre team.  Wish it weren't so.  In no way is this a defense of Wojo.  Like you, Porky believes he's had more than enough time to deliver and failed so he has to go regardless, but the idea that let's say, Buzz or someone else as competent can make this a top 10-15 team?   Don't think so.  Just one swine's opinion.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:10:43 PM by PorkysButthole »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »
Might as well enjoy the win because Wojos seat isn’t remotely warm, imo.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »
Nope.  Seated in snow.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »
Pitcher-

Porky shares your concern about WOJO but do you honestly think we're a top 10-15 team talent wise?  Sure a better coach could get more of our players but top 10-15 in talent?   Porky simply can't get there.  In Porky's humble opinion, our talent is about as average as average gets in the world of High Major D1 men's basketball rosters which is the world our program inhabits.  Maybe we're slightly above average, but that's probably generous.  Porky never got too excited about our 2 top 10 wins because both of them could have just as easily gone the other way.  We won the UW game due to a fluke tip in and Creighton had an off night when we played them and we had a better game than average statistically.  Not that Porky was unhappy we won those two games, but they were hardly convincing wins.  Now if we won both by at least 8-10 points and the outcome of of those games wasn't in doubt with less than 4:00 to play in the second half, then maybe Porky could come around to your POV on our talent, but in Porky's admittedly amateur opinion, this team isn't there yet and has a long way to go.  Sure we have some promising youngsters but what high major D1 team doesn't?  Hopefully they'll continue to get better but at the end of the day we're a mediocre team.  Wish it weren't so.  In no way is this a defense of Wojo.  Like you, Porky believes he's had more than a enough time to deliver and has failed so he has to go regardless but the idea that let's say, Buzz or someone else as competent can make this a top 10-15 team?   Don't think so.  Just one swine's opinion.
Your argument is valid. But I guess the way I see it - Buzz brought in diamonds in the mud. But I would credit him with scraping off the mud. Wojo has brought in diamonds (if recruiting rankings are to be believed) and has covered them in mud.

Carton, Garcia, Cain, Hausers, Ellenson? Were these not considered big time recruits nationally?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »
Might as well enjoy the win because Wojos seat isn’t remotely warm, imo.
The saddest part of it all is - you’re probably absolutely correct.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
Good point.  Trolly troll gotta troll.

Good idea, how does one block another poster?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2021, 10:16:57 PM »
No I really don’t get sick of it as long as there are fans like you who offer praise after tonight instead of being honest how awful things are to need to come from 18 down to beat the team picked for last in conference.

Yeah what kind of awful program has to come back from down 18 to beat the team picked last in the conference?  Obviously a competent program like, say, Villanova would never find itself in that situation.  Oh wait...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2021, 10:17:50 PM »
Your argument is valid. But I guess the way I see it - Buzz brought in diamonds in the mud. But I would credit him with scraping off the mud. Wojo has brought in diamonds (if recruiting rankings are to be believed) and has covered them in mud.

Carton, Garcia, Cain, Hausers, Ellenson? Were these not considered big time recruits nationally?

You're right to an extent as well. But have to look at it both ways. Buzz brought in a wide range of diamonds (and still did well with them). All of his Juco guys were big-time performers at that level. Ready to step in and make an immediate impact. Guys like Wilson and Blue were also big-time. I loved those teams and that era of MU ball. Certainly wasn't void of warts on the program or Buzz himself.

Ellenson did what he was expected to do. Put up big numbers and bolt for the league. Sam did as well and Joey played one season and acted like a whiny baby for some of it. Cain I would argue was not a "big time" recruit but a good one. Carton and Garcia? They've played 11 games so far for MU.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:19:59 PM by Markusquette »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2021, 10:20:33 PM »
This roster with a good coach is a Top 10-15 team team in the country and competing for the Big East title. Wins over Wisconsin and Creighton prove that. Losses to far inferior teams are on the coach.

So wins are on the players but losses are on the coach?  Got it.

The talent on this roster is nowhere near top 10-15.  That's laughable.  DJ is a quality high major D1 starter.  Dawson is a talented freshman who still isn't used to the physicality of the game.  Lewis is a talented freshman who plays like a talented freshman...looks great sometimes and totally lost other times.  Beyond that?  It's okay talent.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:40 PM »
So wins are on the players but losses are on the coach?  Got it.
I didn’t say that exactly. The idea is - wins against highly ranked teams coupled with bad losses to not highly ranked teams means - in my opinion- that we have the talent to compete but our preparedness, gameplan, coaching, etc lets us down against teams we should be creaming.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2021, 10:25:15 PM »
I didn’t say that exactly. The idea is - wins against highly ranked teams coupled with bad losses to not highly ranked teams means - in my opinion- that we have the talent to compete but our preparedness, gameplan, coaching, etc lets us down against teams we should be creaming.

So what is the conclusion from losses to highly ranked teams and wins to low ranked teams mean?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2021, 10:25:48 PM »

Do the wins over Wisconsin and Creighton also "prove" that Wojo is a good coach? Why not? Did the players go rogue in those two games and do the exact opposite of what he coached them to do?

Not sure why I'm bothering. You finally have come out and admitted what everybody knew was true based on several years of inaccurate and incompetent posts:

YOU ARE ACTIVELY ROOTING FOR OUR ALMA MATER TO LOSE.

You are a joyless hack. You are irrelevant. And you obviously are not a Marquette fan. But I do appreciate the honesty:

You Aren't (clap-clap) ... Mar-quette (clap-clap)

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson