[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...  (Read 25805 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »
They’re 7-3 and ranked 17 in the country. You may think they suck but unfortunately for you you don’t get a Top 25 vote.

Well, 17 isnt 15.

They also lost by 25 to Minny this week and survived Nebraska so they will drop further.

They are 1-3 in the BIg10 and their only "quality" win is a Duke team that has beaten nobody.

I'd suggest watching the games. MSU isnt good. They entered the year vastly overrated and are sliding from that perch.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2021, 09:20:47 PM »
Negativity is something to behold.
The thing is that the negative people don't even know they are negative.
Furthermore, lacking character they don't recognize character when they see it.
I don't care what Georgetown did or didn't do, the M.U. team showed character.
Down 18 win by 4, what the hell do you want?
If you argue with a crazy person pretty soon people are going to wonder who the crazy person is.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2021, 09:21:27 PM »
We didn’t win this game. Georgetown, the worst team in the conference, lost it.

Celebrating like we won conference, when in reality we only beat Georgetown is a sad scene.

So Marquette didn't make the shots they needed to? Georgetown removed points from the scoreboard?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »
We didn’t win this game. Georgetown, the worst team in the conference, lost it.

Celebrating like we won conference, when in reality we only beat Georgetown is a sad scene.

OK Boss.  There are like 5 people here tonight that want to sue the NCAA to make sure the record books show that Marquette did NOT win. 

But you know what?  They did.  I don't give a rip whether Marquette keeps or fires Wojo.  I do like to watch the team win. 

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2021, 09:22:49 PM »
They’re 7-3 and ranked 17 in the country. You may think they suck but unfortunately for you you don’t get a Top 25 vote.

They are ranked #50 in kenpom (before tonight’s results). It’s 2 above Marquette.

Warrior-Eagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »
I want to get rid of Wojo any way possible because I am 10,000% convinced he isn’t bringing us anything more than .500 in conference seasons.

I don’t get off to that - no judgments if you do.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2021, 09:25:38 PM »
I am neither and in my long time on the board I have never, never commented in the hundreds of Fire Wojo, Wojo Sucks, etc. threads until this one.  Just a waste of breath.  I don't care if they fire him, retain him or make him MU President.  There are a lot who are just overly obsessed with it.

My point is the team WON the game and adjustments were made in second half as I pointed out. Maybe Killings made the adjustments, who knows and I don't care. Then come the Georgetown gave it away excuses as opposed to the heart the MU players showed in the second half.  MU won and that's the positive I take from the game.
But the question is what is your hope or expectation? If this was Year 3 and we weren’t sure what Wojo’s teams were all about, I’d be overjoyed on this great comeback win. Unfortunately, these wins have defined his tenure. Close wins that barely keep the teams had at or above water followed by crushing losses that are a kick to the face back down. Up and down and up and down and up and down for 7 years just to end it all about at .500 (in conference) with no wins in the tourney and no conference titles.

Excuse me if I’m not jumping for joy over our razor thin win over the co-most-laughed-at program in the Big East. Wojo doesn’t build of these. He never has, he never will, the program is floundering in mediocrity and tonight is just another example of it - despite it going in the win column.

Hence the title of this thread - he does just enough to keep guys like you happy. And it seems like the BOT is made up of guys like you.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2021, 09:26:57 PM »
Some people on this board need to be brought up on charges of General Slurpery.  Georgetown is so bad that their coach drew up a freaking illegal inbound play for their last possession of the game.  But hey, let's all beat our chests because the worst team in the conference handed us a game on a silver platter.

Ha. The last play that surely would have changed the outcome of a four point game with 2.3 seconds left. Whatever you're drinking is damaging your brain more than fans who simply know how to celebrate a comeback win and great performance from a senior. Enjoy the moment.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2021, 09:27:08 PM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2021, 09:27:35 PM »
I can think that Wojo isn’t the right coach.

I can also be happy they came back to win and celebrated.

Those aren’t mutually exclusive thoughts.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2021, 09:28:36 PM »
Deonte Burton leaves and becomes a top player on a Top 15 team

Duane Wilson leaves and becomes a top player on a Top 15 team

Joey is the best player on a Top 15 team

Sam is a top player on a ranked team

I’m the idiot... ha. The guy cannot utilize talent. Imagine All American Markus Howard being coached by someone else.
No your not the idiot.....you just keep bringing up Deonte Burton as evidence of your strong position.....in a close conference win...in 2021.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2021, 09:29:38 PM »
And it seems like the BOT is made up of guys like you.

Could be worse, the BOT could all be geniuses like you: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59473.0

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2021, 09:29:48 PM »

Unfortunately some people will forever be miserable. They will be the same ones complaining even if MU rebuilds the program to get deep into the tournament over their tenure. It will never be enough, no matter what.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2021, 09:30:42 PM »
Deonte Burton leaves and becomes a top player on a Top 15 team

Duane Wilson leaves and becomes a top player on a Top 15 team

Joey is the best player on a Top 15 team

Sam is a top player on a ranked team

I’m the idiot... ha. The guy cannot utilize talent. Imagine All American Markus Howard being coached by someone else.
Yes, you are the idiot. What does any of this blather have to do with our wins vs Wisconsin and Creighton?

Warrior-Eagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2021, 09:31:31 PM »
Just when you thought we had reached a tipping point loss, Wojo gets bailed out by a Lewis takeover and embarrassing incompetence from Georgetown.

I’ve never seen a coach so apt at doing the bare minimum to keep his job. Bravo Steve, bravo.

Your next best recommendation is a GO FUND ME site with $ 6 million Ask. I think that is 1.2 million pitches at $5

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2021, 09:31:44 PM »
Could be worse, the BOT could all be geniuses like you: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59473.0
Ha you’re right Rocky - as always! Wojo’s banners far outnumber DePaul’s over the last 7 years!... wake up.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2021, 09:32:19 PM »
But the question is what is your hope or expectation? If this was Year 3 and we weren’t sure what Wojo’s teams were all about, I’d be overjoyed on this great comeback win. Unfortunately, these wins have defined his tenure. Close wins that barely keep the teams had at or above water followed by crushing losses that are a kick to the face back down. Up and down and up and down and up and down for 7 years just to end it all about at .500 (in conference) with no wins in the tourney and no conference titles.

Excuse me if I’m not jumping for joy over our razor thin win over the co-most-laughed-at program in the Big East. Wojo doesn’t build of these. He never has, he never will, the program is floundering in mediocrity and tonight is just another example of it - despite it going in the win column.

Hence the title of this thread - he does just enough to keep guys like you happy. And it seems like the BOT is made up of guys like you.

Guys like me, love it.  Did you actually read my post.  I don't care about Wojo, I don't have a continuous hardon for what he does and doesn't do right like you.  They could fire him tomorrow and I would not lose sleep, they could extend his contract and I would blink.  Don't care.  The team won, that's it. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2021, 09:34:07 PM »
Guys like me, love it.  Did you actually read my post.  I don't care about Wojo, I don't have a continuous hardon for what he does and doesn't do right like you.  They could fire him tomorrow and I would not lose sleep, they could extend his contract and I would blink.  Don't care.  The team won, that's it.
Amen

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2021, 09:35:32 PM »
Why do you people actually answer that idiot $5.... I have him on IGNORE for a reason, but u still need to quote him, much less answer him... Just put the POS on IGNORE, dont answer his stupid posts and he'll go away ! ! !  8-)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2021, 09:35:44 PM »

This

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2021, 09:37:11 PM »
Winning is fun, let’s do it again!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2021, 09:38:21 PM »
Yes, you are the idiot. What does any of this blather have to do with our wins vs Wisconsin and Creighton?
The post that I replied to was calling me an idiot for saying the talent on this team is a Top 10-15 team with a good coach.

Read the thread before posting moron.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2021, 09:39:38 PM »

Your next best recommendation is a GO FUND ME site with $ 6 million Ask. I think that is 1.2 million pitches at $5
For the record I was singing this tune before we put ourselves in a position where we had to pay a multi-year buyout on this hack.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2021, 09:39:56 PM »

You gotta keep calling these guys out, or they'll never learn.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59228.msg1167642#msg1167642
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2021, 09:41:24 PM »
Why do you people actually answer that idiot $5.... I have him on IGNORE for a reason, but u still need to quote him, much less answer him... Just put the POS on IGNORE, dont answer his stupid posts and he'll go away ! ! !  8-)

Good point.  Trolly troll gotta troll.

feedback