[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo postgame presser after Nova  (Read 6278 times)

cheese ball chaser

• All American
Wojo postgame presser after Nova
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:55:33 PM »

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Wojo postgame presser after Nova
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 03:42:01 AM »
Does Marquette have a sleeping issue no one is aware of? How can they consistently be "tired"?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 05:49:25 AM »
Does Marquette have a sleeping issue no one is aware of? How can they consistently be "tired"?
It is the new excuse de jour.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 07:17:14 AM »
It is the new excuse de jour.

He's used up all the other common excuses so he's just trying to think of others at this point.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 07:24:23 AM »
They do seem worn out.  They've played eight games (seven versus major opponents) in four weeks and haven't had the usual breaks for finals built in.  I actually wonder if Nova and Xavier having some games cancelled for Covid reasons has been beneficial in some ways.

The good news is they now have ten days off prior to Georgetown so we can see how accurate this theory is.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 07:35:11 AM »
10 games in 28 days.   7 against high majors.   4 time zones.    I think Lewis in particular has hit his first freshman wall.    Garcia is pushing up against it.   

"Our players aren't robots."     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »
They are not just 18-22 year olds ..  They lift weights regularly, with strength coaches and nutritionists paying close attention to their daily lives. 

They have hours of formal practices and more hours of informal gym time with very few days off -- and they've been doing all of that for years with little down-time ever.  They are finely tuned athletes. 

Tired because of a some top-talent competition over a few weeks?  Uh huh.

panda

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
They are not just 18-22 year olds ..  They lift weights regularly, with strength coaches and nutritionists paying close attention to their daily lives. 

They have hours of formal practices and more hours of informal gym time with very few days off -- and they've been doing all of that for years with little down-time ever.  They are finely tuned athletes. 

It’s a pathetic excuse for poor play from a pathetic excuse for a high major coach.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »
It’s a pathetic excuse for poor play from a pathetic excuse for a high major coach.

Perfectly summarized.  It’s nonsense from a guy who’s utterly clueless how to fix his team’s problems. He’s a high major coach in title only.  These excuses further embarrass himself
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 09:22:11 AM by HutchwasClutch »

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »

I’m not a projo by an means but it’s clear they are worn out. Not really an excuse but a fact.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »

I will never buy physically tired. Mentally tired maybe.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »
Why?   Why do you not accept that young men can get fatigued?    And by the way, I agree with the mental fatigue point.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
Why?   Why do you not accept that young men can get fatigued?    And by the way, I agree with the mental fatigue point.
Because I was a young man once very long ago. They are high level athletes, their bodies recover quickly. Unless they are playing double headers that shouldn't be an excuse. And the coach sure as hell shouldn't use it as an excuse, now the players buy into that nonsense.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

Don't believe your lyin' eyes.
Amazing how much pep the mass substitution brought to the floor.
However, less talent and teamwork.
Just accept that we are not there yet.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 09:44:19 AM »
Because I was a young man once very long ago. They are high level athletes, their bodies recover quickly. Unless they are playing double headers that shouldn't be an excuse. And the coach sure as hell shouldn't use it as an excuse, now the players buy into that nonsense.

Lol seriously?  “I was young once and didn’t get physically tired therefore these guys aren’t.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2020, 09:44:50 AM »
I think Wojo is trying to defend his players.    Buzz used it when Dayton blitzed us down in Chicago on day 2 of a tournament.    Especially late in the season and during conference tournaments, you hear it all the time.       I think looking at the big picture, fatigue is inevitable.   

But, rest, regroup, don't catch COVID, and go beat up on the rest of the Big East.   

panda

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »
I’m not a projo by an means but it’s clear they are worn out. Not really an excuse but a fact.

True or not, it’s a weak excuse from a coach who’s team was just embarrassed on the defensive end two games in a row.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
True or not, it’s a weak excuse from a coach who’s team was just embarrassed on the defensive end two games in a row.

I guess someone doesn’t understand what press conferences are for.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »

Lol seriously?  “I was young once and didn’t get physically tired therefore these guys aren’t.”

Remember when we had a kinesiology major as a head coach?
I have PMR, look it up.  Went to bed one night and woke up an old man.  Could not get out of bed, could not get dressed.
It took 6 weeks to get a diagnosis, then a pill and 7 hours later 99% function.
Therefore, don't discount the tricks the body can play.
On the PGA tour one week you win, the next you miss the cut.

panda

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 10:06:34 AM »
I guess someone doesn’t understand what press conferences are for.

I think a frank assessment of poor performance would go a long ways in earning back some trust with the fan base and light a fire underneath his team.

Instead, “we’re tired”

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »

Ok mr pick a fight obstinate guy. Not sure what you cant understand about my statement. I never said I didnt get tired. Young bodies recover quickly especially athletes. If you were ever young you should know that.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
Why We Sleep, by Walker, read it.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 10:20:50 AM »
Why We Sleep, by Walker, read it.
Nope. Are saying the team doesnt sleep? So you and others think 3 days isn't enough for young bodies to recover. Ok, I disagree.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 10:25:36 AM »
Nope. Are saying the team doesnt sleep? So you and others think 3 days isn't enough for young bodies to recover. Ok, I disagree.

I hate the tired excuse as well but all it takes a tweaked knee or ankle on a few guys that would normally be recovered in the usual time between games. Add the constant travel, it's tough to keep at it, I certainly don't/didn't want to compete when I get off the plane.
Maigh Eo for Sam

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »

Read the book.
It is eye opening.  Nook $13.99 plus tax, you will never be the same.  Why We Sleep......
I don't get a kickback, ha.

feedback