Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Lakers Going After Hurley by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:19:28 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by SaveOD238
[Today at 05:52:02 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by GoFastAndWin
[June 09, 2024, 10:48:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue Jay No Way  (Read 31698 times)

HowardsWorld

• All American
Re: Blue Jay No Way
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2020, 10:37:40 PM »
Marquette's defense is night and day difference compared to last year.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »
Of course 4ever is nowhere to be seen after MU makes its comeback.

Good point, Fluff. I've been critical of Wojo but c'mon, man, kudos tonight.

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2020, 10:39:00 PM »
Garcia is slowly getting more aggressive and physical. By the end of the year he’ll be very good.

Can Creighton realize they’re not in the MO Valley anymore and get rid of the grade school rims? You can hear how loose they are every time the ball hits the rim.

Grow up

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »
Of course 4ever is nowhere to be seen after MU makes its comeback.

Bestest fan ever.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2020, 10:44:12 PM »
Bestest fan ever.

Cut him some slack.  I'm sure he just had prior obligations and just popped in for a second to rip Wojo.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2020, 10:44:34 PM »
Dawson was mostly brutal again in the first half not knwoing how to finish down low and looking sloppy.

Boy did he play like a burger boy when we needed him though.

Something clicked. Like he realized he was better.

Lotta chirping tonight. Our boys were tough and showed up in force. I think I am gonna really taking a liking to this team. Feels a bit like a Bazz team.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2020, 10:45:52 PM »
Dawson 14&10.

That kid played his arse off. Everytime I look at Dawson I think to myself he’s thinking
“this isn’t what he signed up for”

And then he got strong. He might not realize it but this is helping him. Also, he needs to dribble drive more, he’s got this

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2020, 10:48:15 PM »
Dawson 14&10.

That kid played his arse off. Everytime I look at Dawson I think to myself he’s thinking
“this isn’t what he signed up for”

And then he got strong. He might not realize it but this is helping him. Also, he needs to dribble drive more, he’s got this

He stopped being pretty. He rolled up his sleeves and did the work. It was f'ing beautiful. I previously said he'd be a better Joey. He keeps this up on Defense and the boards and I won't even remember who I compared him to.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2020, 10:48:41 PM »
When Creighton cut it to 3, I was already picturing a game we let get away due to inexperience. The team really stepped up at the end and showed a lot of maturity.

It was fun to see Garcia and Lewis asking for the ball in the post with mismatches late.

I’m not smart enough to know what Wojo switched up at half, but good job by him.

Amal Sh00k Up

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2020, 10:49:02 PM »
Great win. Somewhat unexpected.  Elliott, man, great showing.  This team is deep and showed grit. Wojo showed up in the second half.  Lots of first year players brought it.  Let’s build off this one. Nice recruits coming in. Ring out ahoya!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2020, 10:49:31 PM »
Something clicked. Like he realized he was better.

Lotta chirping tonight. Our boys were tough and showed up in force. I think I am gonna really taking a liking to this team. Feels a bit like a Bazz team.

I think some of it had to do with him being on the bench when we made the first burst to get back into the game early second half.

He was one of the biggest cheerleaders on the side lines. He came into the game shortly after and just seemed a whole new level of engaged. It was great.

Whole team was feeding off each other tonight.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »
WTF happened in that second half?

1. We made shots. All the other stuff matters, but everything looks better, everything feels relatively "easy," when you make shots. We made our first five 3s of the half (compare to UCLA, where we went 0-11 in the 2H), and also had a lot of good looks inside. And Kobe continues to be automatic from the line in the clutch. Gotta make shots.

2. We did a MUCH better job knowing where Ballock was, staying with him, not doubling off him. Kobe did most of the work, and did it very well. He was still gonna get a few looks, but we limited those looks quite a bit better.

3. We did a better job overall of running their shooters off the 3-point line and forcing tough 2s. And we never let Zegarowski take over the game.

4. We looked for Garcia on the block, ran good sets to get him in the right spot to use his height and talent advantage. Gave Theo and Lewis a couple good looks too.

5. We had an "unsung hero." To pull off a road win, you often need somebody unexpected to step up. Greg Elliott, you da man!

6. Creighton did a nice job of missing free throws. Thank you very much. I guess McDermott doesn't practice them.

7. This team is tougher and grittier than some think, and that showed in the second half.

8. Wojo did a nice job keeping the team in the game when Creighton had the lead, and a nice job keeping us focused after we got the lead. Plus, he is Mr. Omaha!

9. We Are Marquette!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:00 PM »
This team is gonna go 3-1 against Nova and Creighton and 1-3 against DePaul and Georgetown.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2020, 11:01:40 PM »
1. We made shots. All the other stuff matters, but everything looks better, everything feels relatively "easy," when you make shots. We made our first five 3s of the half (compare to UCLA, where we went 0-11 in the 2H), and also had a lot of good looks inside. And Kobe continues to be automatic from the line in the clutch. Gotta make shots.

2. We did a MUCH better job knowing where Ballock was, staying with him, not doubling off him. Kobe did most of the work, and did it very well. He was still gonna get a few looks, but we limited those looks quite a bit better.

3. We did a better job overall of running their shooters off the 3-point line and forcing tough 2s. And we never let Zegarowski take over the game.

4. We looked for Garcia on the block, ran good sets to get him in the right spot to use his height and talent advantage. Gave Theo and Lewis a couple good looks too.

5. We had an "unsung hero." To pull off a road win, you often need somebody unexpected to step up. Greg Elliott, you da man!

6. Creighton did a nice job of missing free throws. Thank you very much. I guess McDermott doesn't practice them.

7. This team is tougher and grittier than some think, and that showed in the second half.

8. Wojo did a nice job keeping the team in the game when Creighton had the lead, and a nice job keeping us focused after we got the lead. Plus, he is Mr. Omaha!

9. We Are Marquette!!

All that and we only won by 5?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2020, 11:03:09 PM »
Bestest fan ever.
His fandom shall not be questioned.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2020, 11:05:18 PM »
Wojo has suffered a good number of shellackings in conference openers (now 2-5 overall), but was nice to see the team get off to a good start against a tough foe.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2020, 11:06:03 PM »
All that and we only won by 5?

Creighton is really good. Can score 9 points in 20 seconds. It takes lots of good stuff to win on the road against a team like that. One of our fellow Scoopers said in a different thread before the game that we had "no shot." I said that wasn't true; all we had to do was play really well. Which we did.

Plus, we were 7-8 point dogs ... so we actually won by 12-13.

Or something like that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2020, 11:06:23 PM »
Some people may say “an in game adjustment” was made. I think Creighton feel in love with the three and died by it. They shot 32 of them while MU shot 21. Creighton only made 2 more threes.
MU outrebounded them by 15 total and 5 on offense. I thought MU turned it over more but only 12.
Wojo shut down Ballock in the 2nd half.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2020, 11:07:19 PM »
Is Zagarowski the most overrated player in BE history? He’s not even one of Creighton’s 3 best players.

Give me Tyger Campbell 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over Zagarowski.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:26:21 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2020, 11:10:33 PM »
I didn’t think MU could win this style of game, I think that’s what I was most impressed with.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2020, 11:11:14 PM »
Is Zagarowski the most overrated player in BE history? He’s not even one of Creighton’s 3 best players.

Give me Tyler Campbell 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over Zagarowski.
Be amazing if he wins POY

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2020, 11:12:59 PM »
WTF happened in that second half?

1. We hit a lot of shots

2. Wojo had the guys get up on them and defend the 3 point line. We fouled a bit but we knocked Creighton out of their comfort zone. Well done, Wojo! Great execution, team!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »
Greg:

27 minutes

14 points
4 Rebounds
3 Assists

4/4 from three

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »
I didn’t think MU could win this style of game, I think that’s what I was most impressed with.
We played Creighton's style in the 1st half and couldn't keep up. Forced them into a slugging match in the 2nd and Creighton couldn't stand up to it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2020, 11:17:22 PM »

Give me Tyler Campbell 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over Zagarowski.

Well, for one thing, we caught a 42% career 3-point shooter on an 0-for-7 night. At least 3 or 4 of his looks were wide open.  He hits those in the first half, we're down big and we might not have been able to dig out of the hole.

And he does a nice job controlling the pace of the game for that team. Averages 6 assists and orchestrates a real high-octane offense. Not as simple as it looks.

But I do get the gist of what you're saying. The hype machine was blowing a gasket. No way he's the best player in the Big East IMHO.