[Today at 12:10:26 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?  (Read 24056 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2020, 02:00:37 PM »

I appreciate your efforts to keep this thread on the rails. Thanks!

👍✌️

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
Walker is interesting. He initially said the recount wouldn't change anything because of the margin, but then all the Trumpers came after him on Twitter so he wrote an editorial on the Washington Times saying they should do a recount.

has anyone found Scott Walker's spine? Maybe the Koch's have it displayed at the house, next to Scooter's soul.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2020, 02:01:29 PM »
Walker is interesting. He initially said the recount wouldn't change anything because of the margin, but then all the Trumpers came after him on Twitter so he wrote an editorial on the Washington Times saying they should do a recount.

You have to wonder if his mind changed, or he knows that the hogs won't be satisfied until every option has been pursued.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2020, 02:05:00 PM »
You have to wonder if his mind changed, or he knows that the hogs won't be satisfied until every option has been pursued.

I think he's just reacting to the crowd. Frankly, there's no point in any of these recounts. Unless there's serious fraud to come, none of the margins are close to what would actually change a result. This isn't Florida 2000, and even if 1-2 of them were that close, Trump needs to flip at least 3 states, which is conservatively a collective 40,000 votes. But even if he managed to flip Wisconsin, Georgia, and Arizona, that brings Biden down to 270, so it's still not enough without NE-2.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »
If anyone is near Minocqua, check this place out:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/beer/2020/11/11/minocqua-brewing-launches-biden-beer-inoffensive-kolsch/6250434002/

This fall, Bangstad, the owner of Minocqua Brewing Co., had been threatened with a fine by Oneida County, which objected to his Biden for President sign because it covered one side of his brewpub.

This week, Bangstad introduced Biden beer, a kõlsch he described as "inoffensive and not too bitter" in a phone interview.
[/i]

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/beer/2020/11/11/minocqua-brewing-launches-biden-beer-inoffensive-kolsch/6250434002/

This fall, Bangstad, the owner of Minocqua Brewing Co., had been threatened with a fine by Oneida County, which objected to his Biden for President sign because it covered one side of his brewpub.

This week, Bangstad introduced Biden beer, a kõlsch he described as "inoffensive and not too bitter" in a phone interview.
[/i]

this was the first brewery or even bar that I ever went into where I was served without being carded. Had a beer and took home a growler for my dad when I was 17 or 18.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »

The GOP and their media partners spent the Obama years creating a monster - starting with the Tea Party - to serve their interests. But along came Trump, the Tea Party radicalized into MAGA, and the conventional GOPers must now serve the monster they created.
The irony of it all is delicious, and would even be hilarious if it weren't so dangerous.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2020, 02:17:06 PM »

[/i]

My grandparents live in Lac Du Flambeau, the next town over. I have spent many a night out at the Minoqua Brewing Co. I highly recommend it
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
Biden now leads Pennsylvania by 49k votes and climbing.

Biden now leads Pennsylvania by 50,215.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2020, 03:28:57 PM »
Yes, Heisy drove this off the rails.

And, yes, I think AZ, GA, and WI go to recounts.

If for no other reason to keep "mail-in votes" in the media. There are two goals for the GOP.

1. Delay, and hope they can do the illegal...e.g. replace slates of electors and nullify the popular vote.

2. Create so much base uproar over the fraudulent "mail-in votes" that they cannot be used in the near future. They know they will struggle to win, if people are allowed to vote easier.

I actually think it's a third goal.

Pretend to be outraged so they can hang onto the aggrieved Trumpers and keep them on their side.  Use them to win more elections in the future.

They know that #1 will absolutely not happen.  They likely see that #2 won't, and can absolutely be used to their advantage.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »
Let me simply restate this ....

Without evidence, the Democrats accused the Russians of tempering with the 2016 election.  And exhaustive investigation took place and it did not produce any evidence the Russians affected the outcome of the election.  Along the way, some were charged with process crimes that also did not alter the outcome of the 2016 election.

The result was the credibility of US election process was destroyed.

Comparing alleged voter fraud which didn't occur to confirmed foreign election interference. Adorable.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2020, 03:45:40 PM »

I actually think it's a third goal.

Pretend to be outraged so they can hang onto the aggrieved Trumpers and keep them on their side.  Use them to win more elections in the future.

They know that #1 will absolutely not happen.  They likely see that #2 won't, and can absolutely be used to their advantage.

Totally agree.

Trump loves this because it will likely be Talking Point #1 for him in his post-Presidency career as a TV 'news' broadcaster.

The GOP loves it because it keeps many voters engaged and angry, with a 'we won't let this happen again' mentality.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2020, 03:49:55 PM »
While true, her regret stemmed from the court's involvement, not the decision.
Had the court not intervened and Florida continued to count as the state supreme court ordered, the result would have remained the same.

Not sure the bolded is true. Had they done the full recount, they would have looked at over-votes. There were thousands of over-votes, where the person both voted for Gore and wrote in the name Gore.

Particularly in areas where the sample ballot handed out they said you had to vote for a candidate on "ALL PAGES" and the presidential candidates spread across 2-pages. Leading some to vote on both pages, both of which for Gore. In those cases, the intent is clear, and Gore would have gotten those votes. Those on their own were sufficient to allow Gore to win.

Also, Gore and Lieberman insisted on military ballots being treated leniently to lean towards them being counted, even if they arrived late, or were post-marked late. And even though they knew those votes were going against them more often than not.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2020, 03:55:00 PM »
Not sure the bolded is true. Had they done the full recount, they would have looked at over-votes. There were thousands of over-votes, where the person both voted for Gore and wrote in the name Gore.

Particularly in areas where the sample ballot handed out they said you had to vote for a candidate on "ALL PAGES" and the presidential candidates spread across 2-pages. Leading some to vote on both pages, both of which for Gore. In those cases, the intent is clear, and Gore would have gotten those votes. Those on their own were sufficient to allow Gore to win.

Also, Gore and Lieberman insisted on military ballots being treated leniently to lean towards them being counted, even if they arrived late, or were post-marked late. And even though they knew those votes were going against them more often than not.

Sore
Loserman

Almost as good as the cut up
ROLL
HEMP
Signs from Dole/Kemp signs.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
I think Pakuni's point was that the Florida Supreme Court ordered a limited recount, and the US Supreme Court upheld that order.  Gore wanted the Supreme Court to overrule the Florida Supreme Court and order the statewide recount, which possibly could have lead to a change in the outcome.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »

It's true.
The University of Chicago conducted a full recount and produced results for three scenarios:
1. A recount of  Volusia, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, as requested by the Gore campaign = Bush wins by 225 votes.
2. A recount of undervotes in 64 counties that was ordered by the Florida Supreme Court = Bush wins by 425 votes
3. A recount of the entire state = Gore wins by  60 to 171 votes.

But nobody ordered or asked for #3. Gore just asked for recounts in four blue counties. The Florida Supreme Court didn't order a full recount.
So, if the count had continued as the state supreme court ordered - which was the issue before the U.S. Supreme Court - Bush still wins.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:05:54 PM by Pakuni »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
It's true.
The University of Chicago conducted a full recount and produced results for three scenarios:
1. A recount of  Volusia, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, as requested by the Gore campaign = Bush wins by 225 votes.
2. A recount of undervotes in 64 counties that was ordered by the Florida Supreme Court = Bush wins by 425 votes

But nobody ordered or asked for #3. Gore just asked for recounts in four blue counties. The Florida Supreme Court didn't order a full recount.
So, if the count had continued as the state supreme court ordered - which was the issue before the U.S. Supreme Court - Bush still wins.

Those stupid hanging chad ballots where they couldn't even tell who voted for who.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2020, 04:19:41 PM »
It's true.

Yes, but the University of Chicago analysis ignored all over-votes.

That is key. In the actual recounts, those would have been examined, and as I note above, the evidence suggests they would significantly have favored Gore (in the thousands of votes range).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Yes, but the University of Chicago analysis ignored all over-votes.

That is key. In the actual recounts, those would have been examined, and as I note above, the evidence suggests they would significantly have favored Gore (in the thousands of votes range).

How could they determine the voters' intent on the overvotes?
And that's irrelevant to what I said, since no one requested or ordered a recount of only the overvotes (if such a thing were even possible).

Again, the only issue before the U.S. Supreme Court is what the Florida Supreme Court ordered. And that was a recount of some 61,000 undervotes from 64 counties. Had SCOTUS not intervened and that count continued, Bush still would have won.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »
looks like we found evidence of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.

Man, I love Lt. Governor Fetterman. 6-9, tatted-up dude who renovated a former car dealership to live in. Now demanding Patrick in TX pay out his reward too:  https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1326311204923576321

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/luzerne-county/man-arrested-for-voter-fraud-in-luzerne-county/523-7fc4fd2f-9105-47e7-a510-2b5ff176ab2c

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2020, 04:47:22 PM »
How could they determine the voters' intent on the overvotes?
And that's irrelevant to what I said, since no one requested or ordered a recount of only the overvotes (if such a thing were even possible).

Again, the only issue before the U.S. Supreme Court is what the Florida Supreme Court ordered. And that was a recount of some 61,000 undervotes from 64 counties. Had SCOTUS not intervened and that count continued, Bush still would have won.

My apologies. You are right, Gore never pushed for over-votes to be considered. The fact that he didn't was part of the Supreme Court decision.

But it is easy to prove intent when both votes were for Gore (both as the candidate and a write in), see my post above. Post-election analysis revealed a substantial number of people voting twice for Gore due to ballot confusion. There is clear intent, because both votes were for the same candidate.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »
looks like we found evidence of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.

Man, I love Lt. Governor Fetterman. 6-9, tatted-up dude who renovated a former car dealership to live in. Now demanding Patrick in TX pay out his reward too:  https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1326311204923576321

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/luzerne-county/man-arrested-for-voter-fraud-in-luzerne-county/523-7fc4fd2f-9105-47e7-a510-2b5ff176ab2c

It's hysterical that Republicans continue to push the voter fraud fallacy, given that Trump was the one who actually told his supporters to vote absentee and in person.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-test-mail-system-n1239140

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2020, 05:05:57 PM »

My Dad and I were talking to Scott at an event in April of 2016 and my Dad, very much out of character, said: "I was really disappointed you endorsed Ted Cruz (in WI GOP primaries).  Scott looked at my Dad and said: "you know we had to do everything in our power to keep Trump from winning Wisconsin, and we did, so it was the right move".

I guess Scoot has evolved since then.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »
The comments by local officials in that Pennsylvania article are hilarious. One wants the guy locked up for life, the other says this is rampant all over the state.