collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?  (Read 23671 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Vote Counts in AZ & GA?
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »
Sorry for the new thread, but with the 'Vote!!' thread closed...

Does anyone have insight into why the vote totals in AZ & GA have hardly moved for a few days? They seemed to be moving along, albeit slowly, while they were still waiting to call PA & NV. Now that most major news outlets have called the election, AZ & GA seem to be stuck on '98%' of the vote since Friday. I get the need to be careful, but it would be nice to have info on the cause for things to have slowed down even further.

IMO, it isn't just an inconsequential counting exercise. If AZ & GA get officially called for Biden, it puts even greater pressure on Republicans to concede and acknowledge the inevitable, since a reversal in multiple states is exceedingly unlikely. OTOH, if Trump makes a comeback and wins those states, it makes the inevitable PA challenge very interesting.

Insights into the (further) slowdown in counting?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:02:38 AM by GooooMarquette »

tower912

• All American
Re: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:58 AM »
Georgia, military ballots, as well as provisional ballots.   Finally, due to the margin, there will automatically be a recount.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 10:02:18 AM »
For the record Alaska and NC are also still uncalled.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

Understood. I didn't mention those only because it seems unlikely (NC) to implausible (AK) that Biden will come back...whereas the outcomes in AZ and GA could either end this dispute, or escalate it into weeks of legal wrangling.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 10:07:14 AM »
I wonder if the caution with GA specifically has as much to do with the 50% threshold for the Senate race as the outcome of the Presidential race. CNN has Biden with a 0.2% lead on Trump, which comes out to about 10,500 votes.  Perdue is 0.3% shy of hitting the magic 50% mark he would need to avoid a runoff.  With CNN saying 2% of the vote is still out there, and Senate republicans outperforming Trump generally, it seems unlikley but not out of the question that Perdue could get to 50% especially if a good chunk of what remains outstanding is military ballots.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »
Georgia, military ballots, as well as provisional ballots.   Finally, due to the margin, there will automatically be a recount.   

Thanks. Understand the automatic recount. I was more uncertain about the apparent delay in the initial count.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
Georgia and Arizona voting updates:

1) Georgia. Biden is up 10,498 as very small trickles of votes continue to come in today. Gwinnett County will have an additional update shortly.

2) Arizona.  Biden up 16,952 end of yesterday. As of this morning, 77k outstanding ballots.

Rural Trump Counties 14.5K
Rural Biden Counties 5.3K
Pima County 18.7K
Maricopa County 38.4K

Provisionals 40.6K
Others 30.2K
Awaiting curing 6.2K

Curing signature deadline is 5pm Tuesday.

By the way Navajo Nation voters voted for Biden 97%, over 76k votes, and, some had to ride horseback two hours to vote. They also voted for Dems in the Senate.

Biden is expected to win both Georgia and Arizona.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:46:52 AM by shoothoops »

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 10:36:35 AM »

My understanding is they are uncalled because the deadline for mail-in ballots is this week.  So all the votes have not been received, hence the reason they are still open.

But once these deadlines pass, they will call both for Trump (and it will not change the outcome).
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

1) Georgia. Biden is up 10,498 as very small trickles of votes continue to come in today. Gwinnett County will have an additional update shortly.

2) Arizona.  Biden up 16,952 end of yesterday. As of this morning, 77k outstanding ballots.

Pima County 18.7K
Maricopa County 38.4K

Provisionals 40.6K
Others 30.2K
Awaiting curing 6.2K

By the way Navajo Nation voters voted for Biden 97%, over 76k votes, and, some had to ride horseback two hours to vote. They also voted for Dems in the Senate.

An example to explain some delays,

Gwinnett County processed 965 provisional votes. 20 were rejected without ID. 381 not on registered voter list. 513 accepted but voted at wrong precinct which is allowed in Georgia if you vote within the same county. These are to believed to be the most number of outstanding provisional ballots in Georgia.

New total is Biden up 10,622.

47 of 159 counties have now been certified.

This number will change rapidly but it won't affect the outcome/winner.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:16:35 AM by shoothoops »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 11:43:06 AM »

AK is important because the Senate seat is still up for grabs.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »

Pima County 18.7K
Maricopa County 38.4K

Provisionals 40.6K
Others 30.2K
Awaiting curing 6.2K

Thanks for the detailed numbers. Very informative.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 03:00:29 PM »

Thanks for the detailed numbers. Very informative.

Sure. 👍

Biden is up by 11,591 in Georgia.
Biden is up by 17,131 in Arizona.

Both Georgia Republican candidates for Senate have called for the Republican, Georgia Secretary of State, to resign. (not kidding)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:04:01 PM by shoothoops »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 03:07:52 PM »
Sure. 👍

Both Georgia Republican candidates for Senate have called for the Republican, Georgia Secretary of State, to resign. (not kidding)

I thought there were run off elections for the senate?
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »
I thought there were run off elections for the senate?

The Georgia run off elections are on January 5th. Tell your Georgia friends to vote.

Perdue and Loeffler have asked the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to resign without providing any evidence as to why. The response was of course no and Raffensperger bit back with the notion the two Republican Senate Candidates have enough to worry about winning their own races. And they are officially playing the feud in Georgia. (Georgia has been one of the most transparent vote counting states out there btw)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:09:03 PM by shoothoops »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 04:34:19 PM »
Sure. 👍

Resign...because it's taking him too long to declare Biden the winner? Or because he didn't toss the absentee ballots?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 04:42:33 PM »

Resign...because it's taking him too long to declare Biden the winner? Or because he didn't toss the absentee ballots?

And now Georgia Republican Governor has weighed in siding with team tin foil hat. There is even a passed around social media conspiracy. Someone googled Georgia and said there were more votes than people that live in the state. The googler had one problem, he/she googled the country of Georgia not the American State.

This may be the best state of Georgia intra party feud since Saturday night Wrestling at The Omni.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:46:51 PM by shoothoops »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:27 PM »
And now Georgia Republican Governor has weighed in siding with team tin foil hat. There is even a passed around social media conspiracy. Someone googled Georgia and said there were more votes than people that live in the state. The googler had one problem, he/she googled the country of Georgia not the American State.

This may be the best state of Georgia intra party feud since Saturday night Wrestling at The Omni.

I saw a similar one going around about Wisconsin before it was quickly debunked.

Interesting strategy by the two Republicans.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
I saw a similar one going around about Wisconsin before it was quickly debunked.

Interesting strategy by the two Republicans.

In all seriousness, the strategy is the same for Trump and other GOP, stay in the game for the tin foil hat base.

In Georgia it is to keep the base interested for January 5th. For others, some are up for re-election, some want to run for 2024 President. Trump wants and need $, etc...as Omar from The Wire said, “It’s all in the game.” Unfortunately for the many others it isn’t a self serving money power game. It’s like an episode of “House of Cards”.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »

Dishonest politicians are as old as politics itself. But high-level officials fomenting conspiracy theories that could lead to domestic divisions is dangerous and irresponsible.

Until a few short years ago, it was unthinkable that a major party would engage in this kind of behavior so openly and recklessly. Now Republicans and their enablers do it without a second thought. Frightening.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »
A partly accurate (and humorous) take on Trump’s Election Day strategy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nancyleong/status/1324122533927424000

As I understand the state of the race, Trump is seeking various forms of relief in his lawsuits:
- recount WI
- stop counting in NC
- count faster in NV
- count backwards in PA
- count only the ballots he likes in GA
- don't count Detroit
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:40:40 PM by GooooMarquette »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 06:01:23 PM »
I actually think that doing the anti tin foil hat thing in Georgia would be helpful for Republicans. I would think not driving Democratic turnout would be smart.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 06:11:27 PM »
I actually think that doing the anti tin foil hat thing in Georgia would be helpful for Republicans. I would think not driving Democratic turnout would be smart.

Agreed, if they just kept their mouth shut I honestly think the two runoff’s would have been a resounding Republican win. Democrats wouldn’t have shown up without a Trump to go against.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »

I don't feel sorry for them, but they've sure put themselves in a pickle. Don't show your fealty, risk upsetting the base. Do show fealty, risk driving a motivated electorate on the other side to the polls.
I imagine they're betting that the risk of losing the Senate will be enough to get centrist Republicans and independents to hold their noses and vote for the GOP candidates, and that allows them to play footsie with the loony wing of the party. I think they need to stir up the hardcore Trumpists because, as 2018 showed, they won't come out if Trump isn't on the ballot.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »

Dishonest politicians are as old as politics itself. But high-level officials fomenting conspiracy theories that could lead to domestic divisions is dangerous and irresponsible.

Until a few short years ago, it was unthinkable that a major party would engage in this kind of behavior so openly and recklessly. Now Republicans and their enablers do it without a second thought. Frightening.

Did we forget Hillary and the entire Dem party whipping hysteria, without evidence, that Russia stole the 2016 election for Trump?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »
Did we forget Hillary and the entire Dem party whipping hysteria, without evidence, that Russia stole the 2016 election for Trump?

I'll just leave this here.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/press/senate-intel-releases-volume-5-bipartisan-russia-report