[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?  (Read 24012 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vote Counts in AZ & GA?
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2020, 11:39:15 AM »
Why GOP superlawyer Ben Ginsberg is bucking his party and blasting Trump’s baseless election claims ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/why-gop-superlawyer-ben-ginsberg-is-bucking-his-party-and-blasting-trumps-baseless-election-claims/2020/11/10/f2aa7056-236d-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F2cad4ed%2F5fac17fe9d2fda0efb63dd65%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F17%2F70%2Fb3563592a6e9cbfdd26e210ad7669201

In “Recount,” the made-for-television film version of the 2000 presidential election standoff that gripped the nation, Republican superlawyer Ben Ginsberg is portrayed as a bare-knuckled brawler with a jaded view of his adversaries.

“I’ve done over 25 recounts, and it never ceases to amaze me the extent that Democrats will lie, cheat and steal to win an election,” Ginsberg’s character says.

While Ginsberg says he doesn’t recall uttering those exact words in real life, he has made plenty of enemies among Democrats for his tactics over the years. In addition to his role in George W. Bush’s 2000 victory, he advised a group that Democrats say falsely accused their 2004 nominee, John F. Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran, of lying about his military record and was widely seen as a decisive factor in Bush’s reelection victory.

Today, with tension rising over the results of a presidential election, Ginsberg is once again on the front lines but playing an unfamiliar role: Democratic ally.

From newspaper op-eds to network TV interviews, Ginsberg, recently retired from his work for the law firm that has represented President Trump’s campaigns, has denounced the baseless claims by Trump and his GOP allies that last week’s election was rigged and rife with fraud.

“For the president of the United States, the leader of the free world and head of the Republican Party, to make completely unsubstantiated charges about our elections being rigged is not right,” he said in an interview.

Whereas Ginsberg said the 2000 recount was a legitimate legal issue — a recount in a single state with the two candidates separated by just 537 votes — he said the Trump campaign has no legal basis to dispute the victory by President-elect Joe Biden.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2020, 11:39:47 AM »

Of course you would.  Anything to shift goalposts to make whatever point you are trying to make.  "Well, let's talk about 2016 and Russia.  Oh wait!  Nevermind.  Let's talk about 20 years ago instead."

What you are seeing happening is how every close election works.  It was the case in 2000, 2016, and 2020 ... it will likely be the case in 2024, regardless of who wins.

The damage has long ago been done.  This is the new standard.  But your outrage is only because your guy won.  If the results were reversed, there is absolutely no doubt you would be demanding Biden do exactly what Trump is doing.

With that I will apologize toy breaking the rhythm of the lefty circle jerk here ... I'm out, enjoy yourself boys.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2020, 11:43:38 AM »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
I believe everyone agrees that there were actual problems with Florida in 2000. Justice O’Connor in later years, the deciding vote, wondered if the Court should have refused to take the case.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2020, 11:47:26 AM »
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is Putin's influence on Trump. Putin's goal, using his puppet is to destroy America's institutions. Well, what institution is more important to this country than voting?

A while back, there was a thread about where trump would be in a couple years. I said at the time that he would be living in Russia. I was not being sarcastic. So, what is my reasoning?

1. He is almost certain to be indicted after he leaves office. Surely, in NY, but maybe also Federally. It has never been decided definitively whether a president has the power to pardon himself. He will never allow himself to be jailed for what could possibly be a life sentence.

2. Putin will push for it. As one of the richest men in the world, he will offer great financial incentives for trump to move to Moscow. Forgive hundreds of millions of dollars in loans that are coming due. Letting trump build a tower in Moscow. Don't forget that trump needs Russia to survive. There are no American banks that will loan him money. any cash he gets will come from banks with ties to Russia. But the biggest reason for Putin to do this is to receive classified info from trump in exchange for loan forgiveness. For the first time in the history of this country, National Security experts have expressed concerns about the safety of classified information in the hands of an ex-president. And based on trump's history, they are right to feel that way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »

What you are seeing happening is how every close election works.  It was the case in 2000, 2016, and 2020 ... it will likely be the case in 2024, regardless of who wins.

The damage has long ago been done.  This is the new standard.  But your outrage is only because your guy won.  If the results were reversed, there is absolutely no doubt you would be demanding Biden do exactly what Trump is doing.

With that I will apologize toy breaking the rhythm of the lefty circle jerk here ... I'm out, enjoy yourself boys.

Lol. This election isn’t close so I most certainly wouldn’t support what you are suggesting.

But high-tailing it out of here when getting called out on your bullsh*t is peak Heisey.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »

This was not a close election. It only appears that way because of the delay with mail in votes. Biden is going to win by 6-7 MILLION votes.

Trump claimed a landslide in 2016. Biden won by a much wider margin this time. He re-claimed traditional blue states. He turned 2 red states.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2020, 11:52:29 AM »
Well this is about to get locked. AZ and GA for sure going to recount. Is WI as well?

Yes, Heisy drove this off the rails.

And, yes, I think AZ, GA, and WI go to recounts.

If for no other reason to keep "mail-in votes" in the media. There are two goals for the GOP.

1. Delay, and hope they can do the illegal...e.g. replace slates of electors and nullify the popular vote.

2. Create so much base uproar over the fraudulent "mail-in votes" that they cannot be used in the near future. They know they will struggle to win, if people are allowed to vote easier.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2020, 11:55:19 AM »
Is she as terrible as Trump?  She been praised in previous pages here.

Stacey Abrams Still Claims Election ‘Stolen From the People of Georgia’
https://am970theanswer.com/content/national-news/stacey-abrams-still-claims-election-stolen-from-the-people-of-georgia

A) No, she's fantastic. Not formally conceding while acknowledging that Kemp won ≠ what Trump is doing, but I suspect you already know that.

B) Her opponent Kemp was the sitting Secretary of State who launched an investigation into her before the election for "potential cyber crimes" without providing any evidence. (There was no such hack, as confirmed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.)

C) Kemp unnecessarily purged 340,000 voters from the registration rolls without enough time for them to re-register.

D) What a hideous website. D- design, just awful

(Annnnnd I didn't take my own whataboutism advice. We're supposed to be talking about 2020, my bad) 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:58:17 AM by Warrior Code »
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »
I believe everyone agrees that there were actual problems with Florida in 2000. Justice O’Connor in later years, the deciding vote, wondered if the Court should have refused to take the case.

While true, her regret stemmed from the court's involvement, not the decision.
Had the court not intervened and Florida continued to count as the state supreme court ordered, the result would have remained the same.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
A) No, she's fantastic. Not formally conceding while acknowledging that Kemp won ≠ what Trump is doing, but I suspect you already know that.

B) Her opponent Kemp was the sitting Secretary of State who launched an investigation into her before the election for "potential cyber crimes" without providing any evidence. (There was no such hack, as confirmed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.)

C) Kemp unnecessarily purged 340,000 voters from the registration rolls without enough time for them to re-register.

D) What a hideous website. D- design, just awful

Excellent recap.

A fitting comparison would be if the person in charge of all vote-counting in the United States had purged the voter roles of hundreds of thousands of Trump-friendly voters AND if that person in charge just so happened to be running against Trump.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »
let's face it, this whole thing is only being carried out for two reasons:

1) keep the Trump brand moving forward for 2024, if not Donnie then Don Jr. and his botox bimbo (I think the daughter-wife would rather continue be in the background where she can continue to make money);
2) continue fleecing the cult to pay off campaign debts.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
Biden now leads Pennsylvania by 49k votes and climbing.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »
The hypocrisy is astounding.
Shameless hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug. See: McConnell, Mitch
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2020, 01:04:04 PM »
After four years of Democrats yelling RUSSIA about the 2016 election, it is not possible for Trump to undermine this or any election.  That credibility was wrecked four years ago.

But I do love how the collective lobotomy here has forgotten the absolute damage that inflicted.
Maybe you should read the Senate Intelligence Committee report. Also, I'd like to read the full Mueller report, but that's been Barred.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
Well this is about to get locked. AZ and GA for sure going to recount. Is WI as well?

Highly unlikely. The margin is so large that Trump would have to pay the $3M out of pocket and they are already trying to fleece donors to pay off campaign debts because they are broke. Factor in that a recount probably wouldn't move more than a couple hundred votes in a 20,000-vote gap and it's not worth it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2020, 01:11:35 PM »
Biden now leads Pennsylvania by 49k votes and climbing.

I appreciate your efforts to keep this thread on the rails. Thanks!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
Yes, Heisy drove this off the rails.

And, yes, I think AZ, GA, and WI go to recounts.

If for no other reason to keep "mail-in votes" in the media. There are two goals for the GOP.

1. Delay, and hope they can do the illegal...e.g. replace slates of electors and nullify the popular vote.

2. Create so much base uproar over the fraudulent "mail-in votes" that they cannot be used in the near future. They know they will struggle to win, if people are allowed to vote easier.

Walker still has some pull in Wisconsin and is pushing for NO recount. There is a 0% chance that a recount will change anything.

While I think your premises in your 2 points is correct, I don't think we will have a recount here. I'll see if I am right or wrong in a few days, I guess.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
let's face it, this whole thing is only being carried out for two reasons:

1) keep the Trump brand moving forward for 2024, if not Donnie then Don Jr. and his botox bimbo (I think the daughter-wife would rather continue be in the background where she can continue to make money);
2) continue fleecing the cult to pay off campaign debts.

How insulting to Kimberly. After all, Roger Ailes made derogatory comments about co-hosts on the show “The Five”, reportedly saying that Kimberly Guilfoyle would “get on her knees for anyone.”  :-\

She'd make for a very classy First Lady.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »

How insulting to Kimberly. After all, Roger Ailes made derogatory comments about co-hosts on the show “The Five”, reportedly saying that Kimberly Guilfoyle would “get on her knees for anyone.”  :-\

There's also all the reports where she offered a lap dance to a highest donor for Trump and multiple times would graphically talk about her sex life.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:19 PM »
Highly unlikely. The margin is so large that Trump would have to pay the $3M out of pocket and they are already trying to fleece donors to pay off campaign debts because they are broke. Factor in that a recount probably wouldn't move more than a couple hundred votes in a 20,000-vote gap and it's not worth it.

and since the money is due upfront there is no way Trump is paying that.

And don't forget the multiple reports of offering lap dances to the highest donor, fundraisers in hot tubs, and openly and loudly talking about her sex life. Oh, and those pesky issues of sexual indiscretion at Fox News. Family values and class all the way!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/09/kimberly-guilfoyles-sex-talk-with-trump-jr-made-donors-uncomfortable-report-says/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-secret-history-of-kimberly-guilfoyles-departure-from-fox

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »

Walker still has some pull in Wisconsin and is pushing for NO recount. There is a 0% chance that a recount will change anything.

While I think your premises in your 2 points is correct, I don't think we will have a recount here. I'll see if I am right or wrong in a few days, I guess.

Walker is interesting. He initially said the recount wouldn't change anything because of the margin, but then all the Trumpers came after him on Twitter so he wrote an editorial on the Washington Times saying they should do a recount.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.