[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Foxconn Update  (Read 12223 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Foxconn Update
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2021, 09:54:16 AM »
Also reminds me of when Foxconn execs came to Madness, where they were recognized and donated a TV, AN ENTIRE TELEVISION!!!! ...and people were excited about it.

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous to get excited over. I mean for the overall athletic budget a single TV is a drop in the ocean.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2021, 10:14:21 AM »
I personally love the intersection of capitalism and an ever-shrinking world that leads states located mere hours apart to engage in races to the bottom and secure net-negative revenue deals for private businesses in an attempt to attract jobs that do not project to pay living wages.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2021, 10:34:14 AM »
It’s a truly stunning development that the author subject of the “Art of the Deal” and a college dropout got duped in this deal.  I mean, utterly shocking.
This, with a slight edit. #ETTD
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
I personally love the intersection of capitalism and an ever-shrinking world that leads states located mere hours apart to engage in races to the bottom and secure net-negative revenue deals for private businesses in an attempt to attract jobs that do not project to pay living wages.

Someone referred to that as "winning."

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:58 PM »
FoxConn was merely an attempt to sway the biggest swing district in Wisconsin, red.  Big talk, lots of excitement, but the writing was on the wall from the very beginning when you heard "billion" in tax breaks for a company that makes OLED monitors - a market rife for technologic disruption.  Sadly, neither party doesn't understand that you need a heavy R+D investment if you want to reshape the economy.  A billion invested in R+D across several  sectors would have benefitted Wisconsin much more, rather than relying on Asian investment.  It's a shame how GOP is against stem cells.  UW Madison has a huge advantage there, yet it's not focused upon.  Manufacturing will continue to shed jobs as it becomes more automated.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2021, 01:05:07 PM »
FoxConn was merely an attempt to sway the biggest swing district in Wisconsin, red.  Big talk, lots of excitement, but the writing was on the wall from the very beginning when you heard "billion" in tax breaks for a company that makes OLED monitors - a market rife for technologic disruption.  Sadly, neither party doesn't understand that you need a heavy R+D investment if you want to reshape the economy.  A billion invested in R+D across several  sectors would have benefitted Wisconsin much more, rather than relying on Asian investment.  It's a shame how GOP is against stem cells.  UW Madison has a huge advantage there, yet it's not focused upon.  Manufacturing will continue to shed jobs as it becomes more automated.

YUP.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »

The evolution of MikeDeanesDarkGlasses into an apparently well read and nuanced poster is not one I saw coming.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »
The evolution of MikeDeanesDarkGlasses into an apparently well read and nuanced poster is not one I saw coming.

+1 I'm starting to get confused
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2021, 01:15:05 PM »

Very true. The GOP position on funding of stem cell research is especially disappointing.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »
MDDG....where is this coming from????

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2021, 12:05:26 PM »
Also reminds me of when Foxconn execs came to Madness, where they were recognized and donated a TV, AN ENTIRE TELEVISION!!!! ...and people were excited about it.

Still waitin' on the Tommy and Joanie Soccer Memorial Multiplex Stadium ta bust ground, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback