collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Restaurants in Arlington, VA?  (Read 3963 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Restaurants in Arlington, VA?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 09:44:41 PM »
I am headed to DC for meetings this week. One of our dinners will be at the Old Ebbitt. I give it 5 Stars.

I've heard excellent things about the Old Ebbitt.  It's generally considered one of the best restaurants in the entire city.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 10:33:34 AM »
I've heard excellent things about the Old Ebbitt.  It's generally considered one of the best restaurants in the entire city.

I have eaten and drank here before.

It's best know as the place where British soldiers drank during the War of 1812 while DC was burning.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2021, 12:12:11 PM »
Try Bistro Aracosia for Afghani. Solid fare.

Death on call

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 07:59:45 PM »
Assuming you're staying in Crystal City, I'd recommend Jaleo. It has excellent Spanish tapas and is owned by Jose Andres, a well-known chef in the area.

For a casual option, I'd recommend Kabob Palace. They might have the best food in the DC area, and there's always an interesting mix of cab drivers, office workers, and families there. I haven't been there since the pandemic began, but it's historically been very crowded inside. It might be takeout only right now.

We hit Jaleo tonight after a long flight from the West Coast.  Thank you very much for the suggestion.  Between the four of us we had an assortment of tapas and an excellent seafood paella.  All in all it was a real treat.  I was pleased not to have to pay the tab.  :)  Now, it's tough....lots of good choices.  Thx again.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 10:29:55 AM »
Muggs - we're waiting on your mealtimes play-by-play breakdowns.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 01:23:30 PM »
Muggs - we're waiting on your mealtimes play-by-play breakdowns.

Any floor or table slapping?

Death on call

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2021, 03:29:40 PM »
Let me just say that I had a myriad of outstanding meals in DC and Crystal City.  Thank you all for your suggestions.  One place we tried, and not mentioned in the thread here, was a Malaysian restaurant called Makan near Adams-Morgan.   

I'm not sure if any of you have been fortunate enough to travel to Malaysia/Singapore, or have a local Malaysian joint, but it is a highly, highly, underrated cuisine.  It's somewhat an amalgamation of a number of South East Asian and Chiness dishes.  We're talking recipes with extremely complex spice and food combinations but somehow are consistently as good as Steve Novak at the free throw line.

I would give an entire play by play MUFan in CT but I thought it might irritate people.  All in all I would give this place a 977/1000 rating.  Superb meal and you could tell early there would be no worries of defeat at any time.  :)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2021, 04:18:40 PM »
LOL!  Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Yes, on Malaysian food too!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2021, 04:43:55 PM »
LOL!  Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Yes, on Malaysian food too!

The other thing about Malaysia, and the Kopitam's in Singapore, is the tremendous variety of food choices and overall price for the quality you get.  It's pretty remarkable.  I find Malaysian food better than Thai or Indonesian.  It's all good mind you but I really like the combinations and their tweaking of various cuisines.  As a side note most Americans don't realize that Pakastani and Nepalese food is better than Indian food.  :)