[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Gregg Marshall under investigation for player abuse  (Read 6011 times)

Pakuni

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Gregg Marshall under investigation for player abuse
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »
Really good article by Wolken saying it's pretty much over for Marshall even though Wichita may not realize it yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/10/20/gregg-marshall-allegations-wichita-state-winthrop/5997926002/

Makes a good point pointing out how his highest profile former players, like Fred Van Vleet, haven't said a word of support.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 08:18:02 AM »
Really good article by Wolken saying it's pretty much over for Marshall even though Wichita may not realize it yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/10/20/gregg-marshall-allegations-wichita-state-winthrop/5997926002/

Makes a good point pointing out how his highest profile former players, like Fred Van Vleet, haven't said a word of support.

Cleanthony Early is probably his next highest profile former player and he came to his defense
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 08:03:00 AM »
Marshall was suspended at least once while at Winthrop for his behavior, but the AD there at the time denied it was because Marshall was abusive or racist.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article246605823.html?ac_cid=DM307069&ac_bid=-1680641721

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 08:02:37 AM »
Marshall is out at WSU apparently.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 08:13:34 AM »
Marshall is out at WSU apparently.

If Scholl isn't on the phone with Marshall immediately he should be out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 08:55:39 AM »

Bring Gregg home
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 09:26:31 AM »

Well that doesn't sound like a good idea the guy just got fired for being a lunatic
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 09:37:19 AM »
Well that doesn't sound like a good idea the guy just got fired for being a lunatic

I believe that Wades comment was meant to be in teal, as there is a portion of the fanbase here that believe that we should be reaching out to every possible high quality coach on the market even though Wojo is still under contract and the University is not really in a position financially to be able to move on from him, no matter what the current perception of the program is.  See the (assuming locked now) Billy Donovan thread.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
I believe that Wades comment was meant to be in teal, as there is a portion of the fanbase here that believe that we should be reaching out to every possible high quality coach on the market even though Wojo is still under contract and the University is not really in a position financially to be able to move on from him, no matter what the current perception of the program is.  See the (assuming locked now) Billy Donovan thread.

That was me. I stand by it, but it really got wades and a couple other people weirdly bothered to the point they have trouble letting go I'm just not humoring him because he keeps trying to make that one comment I made specifically regarding Donovan out to be referencing every single successful coach out there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 09:51:40 AM »
That was me. I stand by it, but it really got wades and a couple other people weirdly bothered to the point they have trouble letting go I'm just not humoring him because he keeps trying to make that one comment I made specifically regarding Donovan out to be referencing every single successful coach out there.

Well, then I'll stay out of it, and leave you two to leave subtle digs at each other. Scoop 2020 I guess.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 12:17:17 PM »

I think Billy Donovan is on a little bit of a different level than Gregg Marshall. 

Not to wades though.   ::) ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 12:36:18 PM »
I think Billy Donovan is on a little bit of a different level than Gregg Marshall. 

Not to wades though.   ::) ::)

Like I said, if the private jet isn't already on it's way to Wichita, Scholl should be gone by 5:00.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2020, 10:02:43 AM »
Marshall has apparently resigned
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »
Make.  The.  Call.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2020, 10:21:20 AM »
Make.  The.  Call.

If Scholl were any good, Gregg will be MU's coach by the end of the week.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
Gregg gets a nice, $7.75 million going away present.
Enough for anger management counseling for he and the missus.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2020, 01:24:27 PM »
A nice severance package for punching a player, choking an assistant, and verbally abusing, occasionally with ethnic slurs, his players.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »
A nice severance package for punching a player, choking an assistant, and verbally abusing, occasionally with ethnic slurs, his players.
He's the coach that should have received $21

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 05:03:38 PM »

credit his agent for getting him a contract that would pay him 50% of his remaining deal regardless of whether he was fired for cause or not. Somewhere Kevin Ollie is wondering why he didn't hire the same dude.

Make.  The.  Call.

So a dude who changed his screen name to "BLM" is ok with a coach who uses racial epithets (thanks MU82!) towards his players. How woke.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 05:14:15 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 05:12:09 PM »
So a dude who changed his screen name to "BLM" is ok with a coach who uses racial epitaphs towards his players. How woke.

Epitaph: a phrase or form of words written in memory of a person who has died, especially as an inscription on a tombstone.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »
Epitaph: a phrase or form of words written in memory of a person who has died, especially as an inscription on a tombstone.

damn auto correct!  >:(
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »
So a dude who changed his screen name to "BLM" is ok with a coach who uses racial epithets (thanks MU82!) towards his players. How woke.

He doesn't actually want to hire him he just has a personality issue where if he disagrees with you he acts like a child interjecting what was said on one instance to every possible similar situation and can't let it go. It's sad really.
Maigh Eo for Sam