collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 37876 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »
Wife and I had that conversation this evening. Looking at him as a regular Joe, I feel horrible for the guy. Serious issues going on and he needs help. But this is the leader of the free world.  I hope he gets the help he needs.

Agreed, and I have said this before. The symptoms are classic for Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which usually is the result of traumatized parents (usually the mom) passing on many of her traits to her children. I suspect we rarely hear about Trump's mom because there are skeletons in that closet. Add a hard-driving dad who was always about win-win-win at any cost, and you could see how the groundwork was set for someone who always had to prove himself, but never felt any accomplishment was enough. It leads to self-aggrandizement and a need for control in public (in an attempt to counter the negative influences), but self-loathing and second-guessing in private (in response to negative outside influences). And someone who will never admit he was wrong, except to himself.

Unfortunately, the help he needs is lots of therapy...but patients with NPD are usually very resistant to treatment, because at its core, it requires them to admit they aren't any better than everybody else. Since people with NPD view this as a sort of existential threat, most never seek help, or quickly abandon treatment.

This is not a criticism of Trump. This is an opinion of what lives inside...from someone who has (1) enough of a medical background to understand; (2) a loooong family history of people with the condition; and (3) enough of an interest because of 1 and 2 to have done a LOT of reading on the causes and treatments for NPD.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 09:26:20 AM by GooooMarquette »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »
I've studied Narcissism for several years. While there are many things that I have still yet to learn....in my personal experience two very common situations produce a narcissistic child. 1) Two narcissistic parents 2) One narcissistic parent and one submissive parent.

All narcissists go through some version of 1) Idealization 2) Devalue 3) Discard

Often times in my experience narcissists prefer empaths from a romantic standpoint. But some will partner up personally and professionally with another narcissist. They do tend to find one another for mutual support as needed at times.

While sometimes the oldest child and/ot only child can be seen perhaps more often, there can be one narcissistic child in a family of say, four kids, or two or three or four. Depends on the situation. Both men and women. It isn't gender specific.

Unfortunately the only known effective treatment is to ignore and avoid a narcissist as early as possible when identifying one. That of of course can be challenging if one is in your family or friend or professional circle. Then, sadly, it sometimes becomes more of a strategic cat and mouse game to avoid huge problems and challenges. Narcissists with a lot of  power in their individual situations are dangerous. The key is to limit their power as much as possible in your individual situation.

One thing some people don't understand is that there are many different types kf narcissist. They are not all extroverted, bombastic, bully braggar types. Those are perhaps some of the more obvious ones.

Narcissists don't know they are narcissists.

There are also some people who do grow up in narcissistic situations, but do later outgrow this so to speak when reaching their 30's or so. For lifelong narcissists effective treatment for it/change/improvement is not common.

Much of the research out there are strategies dealing with one as opposed to treatments. 

With someone like Trump, it is interesting that so few have taken the time to do deep dives about it after four years.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:37:50 AM by shoothoops »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2020, 10:47:53 AM »
I agree with the previous two posts, but this is a COVID-19 thread, and I wasn't talking about what we already know about Trump being a narcissist and sociopath. I was specifically talking about what has been going on the last week or so.

Even for him, there is something amiss right now. His speech is halting, he looks gaunt and he is going on long, unintelligible rambles. Yes, he's still praising himself for doing nothing, still striking out at his political enemies, etc. But everything is worse now. After talking to a couple of the doctors my wife works with, I'm quite sure this is not part of the mental problems we all know he has but something physical triggered by the steroids, the other drugs, the COVID-19 itself or all of the above.

And it's damn scary that the most powerful man in the world is suffering from something that affects his mental state so obviously. He should not make any decisions more complicated than regular or extra crispy. He needs to take time to heal, and Pence should be sitting in right now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2020, 11:06:57 AM »
More than 2,000 people have been invited to a White House Event this weekend.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2020, 11:11:34 AM »
Christie out of the hospital...he was in a while with no updates. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »
I agree with the previous two posts, but this is a COVID-19 thread, and I wasn't talking about what we already know about Trump being a narcissist and sociopath. I was specifically talking about what has been going on the last week or so.

Even for him, there is something amiss right now. His speech is halting, he looks gaunt and he is going on long, unintelligible rambles. Yes, he's still praising himself for doing nothing, still striking out at his political enemies, etc. But everything is worse now. After talking to a couple of the doctors my wife works with, I'm quite sure this is not part of the mental problems we all know he has but something physical triggered by the steroids, the other drugs, the COVID-19 itself or all of the above.

And it's damn scary that the most powerful man in the world is suffering from something that affects his mental state so obviously. He should not make any decisions more complicated than regular or extra crispy. He needs to take time to heal, and Pence should be sitting in right now.

To me the biggest tell is McConnell's distancing of himself from POTUS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »
Anybody who has been following what has gone on the last week even semi-closely should be deeply concerned about the president’s mental state and what it means for the country.

Yes, I am one of Scoop’s anti-Trumpers, but this goes beyond that.

I sincerely hope it is the steroids or some other drugs he’s taking for COVID-19. Because if it’s not, he has officially lost his mind.

This is not a sarcastic post. I am genuinely concerned as an American.

Really Nads? You ain't seen nothin' yet, if Biden's, God forbid, elected. I guess once a journalist, always a journalist, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »

Lol. What more is there to see?

Really Nads? You ain't seen nothin' yet, if Biden's, God forbid, elected. I guess once a journalist, always a journalist, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2020, 11:25:20 AM »
The fly that landed on Pence's head would have put Old Joe in ICU on a respirator, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
The fly that landed on Pence's head would have put Old Joe in ICU on a respirator, aina?

Grasping at straws using Fox News talking points thrown out the window weeks ago.  Keep up, Doc
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2020, 11:39:37 AM »
Face it man, the dude is weak and frail. And, that's to say nothing of his cognitive ability. Ultimately, won't matta since Harris will take over as Biden resigns, takes the buy-out, and fades off into the sunset, taking one for the Dems, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
Face it man, the dude is weak and frail. And, that's to say nothing of his cognitive ability. Ultimately, won't matta since Harris will take over as Biden resigns, takes the buy-out, and fades off into the sunset, taking one for the Dems, hey?

You'll notice no one is really arguing against this.

So, what's the point of talking about bidens age/frailty?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Any Trump supporter talking about Joe Biden’s cognitive ability absolutely cracks me up.

Donald Trump, a beacon of mental stability. Lol!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:53:38 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »
Any Trump supporter talking about Joe Biden’s cognitive ability absolutely cracks me up.

It’s a cult
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2020, 12:13:39 PM »

Every additional factor affects a narcissist, i.e. the aging process, COVID-19, etc ..

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »
You'll notice no one is really arguing against this.

So, what's the point of talking about bidens age/frailty?

Because it is embarrassing to have to defend the super spreader in chief.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2020, 12:25:20 PM »
How did his Fox News medical exam go last night? Anyone buy the PPV?
You’d think it would have gotten more coverage.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2020, 12:57:16 PM »

I'll take dottering old Biden, who is willing to work with people and who is clearly not financially compromised... over a dottering old Trump who is isolationist, burns bridges, and is CLEARLY financially compromised.

Like, what is it about Trump that  makes you FEEL (because lord knows it isn't logic) that he is okay?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »

Fine by me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »
Fine by me.

But she's a communist monster.
Or is it monster communist?
Either way, I'm sure she's very bad.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »
Every additional factor affects a narcissist, i.e. the aging process, COVID-19, etc ..

Yep. Especially factors that hint at imperfection, losses, mortality and the like.

1. Aging
2. Polls suggesting he could lose in a landslide
3. Covid
4. Being proven wrong again and again (masks, hydroxychloroquine, "just the flu, open by Easter).

It all adds up.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2020, 03:08:27 PM »

The guy who rides a bicycle regularly is frail and weak vs the guy who can't even walk down a ramp?  Oooookay.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »
The guy who rides a bicycle regularly is frail and weak vs the guy who can't even walk down a ramp?  Oooookay.

And then there was this....

Trump rode golf cart while G7 leaders walked through Sicily

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335424-trump-rode-golf-cart-while-g7-leaders-walked-through-siciliy

-------------

Trump and his supporters have no business calling Biden frail and weak.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2020, 04:05:21 PM »

Hey.

All I know is that the frail dude practically sprinted to the podium at his Michigan event last week while your hero was getting $100K+ of taxpayer-funded medical care because he refused to follow the basic guidelines that he himself had put out in April.

But I don't want to argue about the corrupt, inept, impeached, infected POTUS, who has the deaths of 213K Americans on his hands.

All I said is that something obviously is wrong with him now. It's obvious. It's a subject concerning many, many Republicans.

He's the president. We need a healthy president and we don't have one. You should be very concerned, too, if you care about America.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
Mike Pence event in Florida today. Whoa. This thread.

https://twitter.com/josiensor/status/1315015264937926657

feedback