[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Season Starts Nov 25  (Read 42826 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Season Starts Nov 25
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
Because our response is fragmented and has become politicized.

I watched a lot of zombie movies and TV shows growing up (still do). I used to not understand why the humans inevitably end up fighting each other and doing more damage to the survivors than the zombies do in every single movie. In my mind, it should have been clear that it was the living vs. the dead, humans vs. zombies, those were the only sides that should matter in that situation. This pandemic has shown me that the directors understood human nature (or at least human nature in America) better than I did. It should have been a uniting moment, Us vs. the Virus. Instead we just fought and continue to fight each other while the virus spreads virtually unabated. I agree that at this point, mass vaccination is the only feasible solution.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
Anyway, good luck having a college basketball season in the current environment.  At least we owned the libs who wore masks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
I watched a lot of zombie movies and TV shows growing up (still do). I used to not understand why the humans inevitably end up fighting each other and doing more damage to the survivors than the zombies do in every single movie. In my mind, it should have been clear that it was the living vs. the dead, humans vs. zombies, those were the only sides that should matter in that situation. This pandemic has shown me that the directors understood human nature (or at least human nature in America) better than I did. It should have been a uniting moment, Us vs. the Virus. Instead we just fought and continue to fight each other while the virus spreads virtually unabated. I agree that at this point, mass vaccination is the only feasible solution.

You can't vaccinate people against stupidity, unfortunately.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »

Wonder how we'd do against a more deadly pandemic. Would half the country still flip out at freedoms being taken away or would the dumb half of this country suddenly get serious.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »
Wonder how we'd do against a more deadly pandemic. Would half the country still flip out at freedoms being taken away or would the dumb half of this country suddenly get serious.

The result would be the same.  I can’t comprehend anyone having faith it would be different
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2020, 09:53:28 AM »
Meanwhile, Sweden can only be compared to Finland, Denmark and Norway. LOL.

Actually it was Chicos / Cheeks / WarriorDad / PaceArrow that insisted this should be the comparison.

And as I said in my post, it's not just preventing spread like Japan et. al. has done, it's reacting to spread like places like France and Germany have done, while we sit here and do nothing. Oh yeah, we implore people to do something, but substantive governmental action?  Nope. 

The rest of your post was full of worn-out, mindless, political talking points that have no use in this discussion.  And 4ever should have never introduced politics into this topic.  It was completely unnecessary.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Can we take the COVID talk to the COVID thread? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
C’mon Doc, these guys are all about the “science”. “Science” tells them that our comparables are east Asia and Japan, not France, Italy, Spain and the UK. Meanwhile, Sweden can only be compared to Finland, Denmark and Norway. LOL.

Falsely accuse a guy of acting like a dictator while criticizing him for not assuming dictatorial powers. Guys who do have blood on their hands (Cuomo) are heroes and the guy who incentivized the competition that brought us a vaccine in unheard of time (I know Pfizer didn’t take government $ but they were frantically competing with others who did) is a mass murderer.

Not to worry, though. Mr. Wizard, Mr. Science himself, is on the way. Sure, he flunked the 3rd grade, almost flunked out of the University of Delaware and stumbled (plagiarized) his way through law school (bottom 10%). And sure, he’s well past those “prime” years. Never mind that, he’s an expert at “government”. 47 years, negligible accomplishment and a modest salary have led to personal riches. IOW, a poster child/patron saint of the swamp. Got a little sloppy with the influence peddling as his cognitive abilities waned, but fortunately for him the MSM attitude on it ranged from incurious to dismissive. “Nothing to see here, folks!” LOL.
How anybody could turn our current reality into "Trump is a victim" in all of this is incredible to behold.  And not in a good way.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2020, 09:56:02 AM »

Well put.  If we would have fortitude to view the virus like a 9/11 terrorist, we would be in much better shape now.  But our leaders did not take that path.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
How anybody could turn our current reality into "Trump is a victim" in all of this is incredible to behold.  And not in a good way.

Ironically making fun of someone else's cognitive abilities in the process.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
C’mon Doc, these guys are all about the “science”. “Science” tells them that our comparables are east Asia and Japan, not France, Italy, Spain and the UK. Meanwhile, Sweden can only be compared to Finland, Denmark and Norway. LOL.

Falsely accuse a guy of acting like a dictator while criticizing him for not assuming dictatorial powers. Guys who do have blood on their hands (Cuomo) are heroes and the guy who incentivized the competition that brought us a vaccine in unheard of time (I know Pfizer didn’t take government $ but they were frantically competing with others who did) is a mass murderer.

Not to worry, though. Mr. Wizard, Mr. Science himself, is on the way. Sure, he flunked the 3rd grade, almost flunked out of the University of Delaware and stumbled (plagiarized) his way through law school (bottom 10%). And sure, he’s well past those “prime” years. Never mind that, he’s an expert at “government”. 47 years, negligible accomplishment and a modest salary have led to personal riches. IOW, a poster child/patron saint of the swamp. Got a little sloppy with the influence peddling as his cognitive abilities waned, but fortunately for him the MSM attitude on it ranged from incurious to dismissive. “Nothing to see here, folks!” LOL.

LOL indeed. Imagine being this out of touch with reality. Wow.

Somebody had some pent up anxiety from his emperor losing to “Sleepy Joe.” You feeling better?

😂
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:16:35 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2020, 10:23:49 AM »
Fun stuff.

In before the lock, and looking forward to participate in the replacement thread.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »
The dip crape actually mused about injecting bleach and shoving a light up his ass and people are bringing up the cognitive ability of the next President?   The current guy is mentally unstable and dumb and it’s obvious.  I am Republican and recognized this back when he was on the apprentice and doing cameos on Howard Stern.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »
Badgers suck.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »
Lack of leadership from the top down ruined the fun we could’ve had. And led to an administration change.
...which is too bad, all the way around.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
Actually it was Chicos / Cheeks / WarriorDad / PaceArrow that insisted this should be the comparison.

And as I said in my post, it's not just preventing spread like Japan et. al. has done, it's reacting to spread like places like France and Germany have done, while we sit here and do nothing. Oh yeah, we implore people to do something, but substantive governmental action?  Nope. 

The rest of your post was full of worn-out, mindless, political talking points that have no use in this discussion.  And 4ever should have never introduced politics into this topic.  It was completely unnecessary.
why rely on the govt., or anyone? Use the brain God gave you to figure it out and make the right play. Be accountable.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
why rely on the govt., or anyone? Use the brain God gave you to figure it out and make the right play. Be accountable.

Kind of like smoking in restaurants and wearing seatbelts.  Had to legislate in many places because people are too dumb to figure it out themselves.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
Kind of like smoking in restaurants and wearing seatbelts.  Had to legislate in many places because people are too dumb to figure it out themselves.

More examples of libs putting peoples lives in front of basic freedoms
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »

Because we are in a situation where bars and restaurants (for instance) are causing the spread of the disease.  But those places understandably don't want to shut down. 

What we should be doing is shutting all of these placed down for the rest of the year and have government cover payrolls.  Then open back schools in person after the Holidays....THEN open the bars and restaurants if we can keep spread down.

Don't worry.  None of this will happen.  Because we have made the false determination (as your post illustrates) that only those who aren't "accountable" are the ones getting sick and dying.  They're not.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
I was wondering why i read this board less and less.  this thread is a good reminder why.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »
So the season is scheduled to start on the 25th....

I got that from the thread title, not the thread.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2020, 12:52:59 PM »
Georgetown Non-Conference Schedule
11/25 UMBC 3pm FS1
12/1 Navy 6pm CBSSN
12/6 West Virginia 3:30 FS1
12/8 Coppin State 6pm FS1
1/9 @ Syracuse TBA
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2020, 12:56:35 PM »
Updates with Georgetown games
Non-conference
11/25 Oakland at Xavier 11am FS1
11/25 Fairfield at Providence 1pm FS1
11/25 UMBC 3pm FS1
11/25 Western Michigan at Butler 6pm FS1
11/25 Villanova vs. Boston College 6pm ESPN
11/25 Creighton vs. South Dakota State 6pm ESPN2
11/25 TBD at St. John's (NY) 6pm FS2
11/25 Arkansas Pine Bluff at Marquette 9pm FS1

11/26 Bradley at Xavier 11am FS1
11/26 La Salle at St. John's (NY) 1pm FS1

11/27 Toledo at Xavier 11am FS1
11/27 Eastern Illinois at Marquette 6pm FS2

11/29 Eastern Illinois at Butler 6:30pm FS1

11/30 Saint Joseph's at Villanova 4pm FS1
11/30 Eastern Kentucky at Xavier 6pm FS1

12/1 Nebraska-Omaha at Creighton 4pm FS1
12/1 Oklahoma St at Marquette 6pm FS1
12/1 Navy 6pm CBSSN

12/2 Tennessee Tech at Xavier 6pm FS1

12/4 Wisconsin at Marquette 6pm FS1

12/5 UConn vs NC State 1pm FS2
12/5 FDU vs Providence TBD. FS2

12/6 Sacred Heart at St. John's (NY) 11am FS1
12/6 West Virginia 3:30pm FS1

12/8 Fordham at St. John's (NY) 6pm CBSSN
12/8 Coppin State 6pm FS1
12/8 UW-Green Bay at Marquette 8pm FS1

12/9 Oklahoma at Xavier 7pm FS1

12/11 Kansas State at Butler 2pm FS1

1/9 @ Syracuse TBA
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2020, 01:09:14 PM »
LOL indeed. Imagine being this out of touch with reality. Wow.

Somebody had some pent up anxiety from his emperor losing to “Sleepy Joe.” You feeling better?

😂

Yep, a lot of wash hanging on that line.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »
C'mon Lenny, I know you're not this stupid.  For a fact.  Get out of your boomer mindset and turn of the cognitive dissonance.

You're bitching about Biden while somehow ignoring that Trump is a legacy who attended Wharton and was the 'dumbest' student his professor has ever had.  Also, you're comparing the mental faculties of a 74 year old with a 78 year old.  And the 74 year old has proven himself to not be too bright.  Personally, I think anyone over 70 shouldn't be in government.  Period.

I don't expect Biden to solve the problems himself.  I expect that he is smart enough to listen to the experts around him.  Something Trump hasn't done.

So go cry your boomer tears about how your orange dipsh!t didn't win, and cry about how Biden couldn't have gotten us to a better place (you literally cannot prove this) because your. tears. are. delicious.

Like the head of the CDC who said that face masks are more effective protection against COVID than vaccines? That is not sound science much less medicine. If I were Biden "experts" like that would not be giving me advice.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516686-cdc-director-says-masks-more-guaranteed-to-work-than-a-vaccine

C'mon man! I mean MODS. Now that the election is over let's start enforcing at least less politics if not no politics. I hope we can get a season of college basketball in this season.

feedback