'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Season Starts Nov 25  (Read 42868 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Season Starts Nov 25
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2020, 02:17:48 PM »
Like the head of the CDC who said that face masks are more effective protection against COVID than vaccines? That is not sound science much less medicine. If I were Biden "experts" like that would not be giving me advice.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516686-cdc-director-says-masks-more-guaranteed-to-work-than-a-vaccine

C'mon man! I mean MODS. Now that the election is over let's start enforcing at least less politics if not no politics. I hope we can get a season of college basketball in this season.
::) ::) ::) ::)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »
Like the head of the CDC who said that face masks are more effective protection against COVID than vaccines? That is not sound science much less medicine. If I were Biden "experts" like that would not be giving me advice.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516686-cdc-director-says-masks-more-guaranteed-to-work-than-a-vaccine

C'mon man! I mean MODS. Now that the election is over let's start enforcing at least less politics if not no politics. I hope we can get a season of college basketball in this season.

For the record that's basing it off a 70% efficacy of a vaccine and using flu vaccine models for how many people would actually get it. Vs how many people could realistically just wear a mask.

But I agree about stopping the politics. And keeping Covid stuff to the Covid board.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »

More effective vs. more guaranteed. There’s a huge difference that you’re intentionally misstating. As of right now, masks are more of a guarantee to fight the spread of the virus because there is no vaccine available to the general public. There’s no debating it.

Also, hilarious that you jump into the political conversation and then cry to the moderators to get rid of the political discussions. Which is it?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2020, 02:37:34 PM »
More effective vs. more guaranteed. There’s a huge difference that you’re intentionally misstating. As of right now, masks are more of a guarantee to fight the spread of the virus because there is no vaccine available to the general public. There’s no debating it.

Also, hilarious that you jump into the political conversation and then cry to the moderators to get rid of the political discussions. Which is it?

Let's talk basketball, less or no politics.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »

If you read the statement with the assumptions he made IN CONTEXT, it makes perfect sense.

But of course you apparently simply read the headline.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »
Let's talk basketball, less or no politics.

You undermine that argument when you come in posting links to encourage further discussion.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »

Who is actually safer? A person who had a vaccine that is maybe 90% effective and goes to bars or the person wearing a mask and following social distance guidelines?

Frankly, I would have more confidence in the vaccine results if they gave the vaccine to 3,000 people and then put them on a cruise ship for three weeks with 100 sick people to see if they get sick. I will get the vaccine, but I am not confident about the 90% effective claims. 90% effective tells me 10% of the people could still get it. Less than 10% of the people in the United States have gotten Covid.

Now back to basketball.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2020, 04:07:59 PM »
90% effective tells me 10% of the people could still get it. Less than 10% of the people in the United States have gotten Covid.

And of those 10% who have caught it, more than 99% have survived it.  Yet we are all so afraid of it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2020, 04:18:34 PM »
And of those 10% who have caught it, more than 99% have survived it.  Yet we are all so afraid of it.

The death rate in the USA is 2.3%. So no, over 99% who have gotten it in the USA have not survived it.

If you’re just saying we shouldn’t be scared of it and we should just ignore it, let’s just pretend the death rate stays at that 2.3% (in reality it’d skyrocket as hospitals become overloaded and can’t treat patients as needed, but just for argument’s sake...). There are 331M people in the US. If we just say, “meh, not that scary, we’ll just all get it at some point.” So we’re shrugging off over 7.5M deaths.

Absolutely incredible that the administration has gotten us to the point where we’re just numb to that. But here we are.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2020, 04:35:15 PM »
Who is actually safer? A person who had a vaccine that is maybe 90% effective and goes to bars or the person wearing a mask and following social distance guidelines?

Frankly, I would have more confidence in the vaccine results if they gave the vaccine to 3,000 people and then put them on a cruise ship for three weeks with 100 sick people to see if they get sick. I will get the vaccine, but I am not confident about the 90% effective claims. 90% effective tells me 10% of the people could still get it. Less than 10% of the people in the United States have gotten Covid.

Now back to basketball.

With a vaccine a more accurate statement would be of those 10% who did get it. 90% would be immune. But let's be hyperbolic to be hyperbolic I guess.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »
The death rate in the USA is 2.3%. So no, over 99% who have gotten it in the USA have not survived it.

If you’re just saying we shouldn’t be scared of it and we should just ignore it, let’s just pretend the death rate stays at that 2.3% (in reality it’d skyrocket as hospitals become overloaded and can’t treat patients as needed, but just for argument’s sake...). There are 331M people in the US. If we just say, “meh, not that scary, we’ll just all get it at some point.” So we’re shrugging off over 7.5M deaths.

Absolutely incredible that the administration has gotten us to the point where we’re just numb to that. But here we are.

Skyrocket? No. Go up a bit, yes. The truth is (as someone who works with covid daily) that most people who are going to survive it who are hospitalized are probably going to survive it either way. The ones who don't were going with or without intervention.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2020, 04:45:45 PM »
Skyrocket? No. Go up a bit, yes. The truth is (as someone who works with covid daily) that most people who are going to survive it who are hospitalized are probably going to survive it either way. The ones who don't were going with or without intervention.

Glad the work that myself and my colleagues do every day, doesn’t mean anything...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2020, 04:52:15 PM »

There are 250,000 families (probably more, to be honest) that are going to be without some loved ones this holiday season.

I'd love for you to sit down to Thanksgiving dinner with one of those families and say that to their face.   Maybe it should have been a member or two of your family.  Then you might take it more seriously.

These deaths are preventable.  It isn't fear, it is concern for human life.  Don't be so callous.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »

Given that Italy lost control for what would be a much shorter period of time than what the US would if they just went about life if we didn’t “fear” this virus, and then got the virus much more under control than the US did, and Italy’s death rate is still up at 4.1%, I’m pretty confident the US’s would more than double, which to me is “skyrocketing.”

Viper

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »

Because we are in a situation where bars and restaurants (for instance) are causing the spread of the disease.  But those places understandably don't want to shut down. 

What we should be doing is shutting all of these placed down for the rest of the year and have government cover payrolls.  Then open back schools in person after the Holidays....THEN open the bars and restaurants if we can keep spread down.

Don't worry.  None of this will happen.  Because we have made the false determination (as your post illustrates) that only those who aren't "accountable" are the ones getting sick and dying.  They're not.
...then don’t go to a bar or restaurant. Personal responsibility...it seems to escape you. Do you really need govt., or anyone to tell you how to respond to this? You really want govt to crank your taxes to pay for people to stay home? Really? Well, Biden is your boy because that will most likely be his ridiculous approach. Btw, those businesses you want shut down...many probably don’t reopen. And those that survive then have the good fortune under Sleepy Joe of $15 minimum wage at some point in 2021. Good bye even more jobs! Again, be smart. Apply common sense. And to keep this on track as a hoops blog...We Are Marquette! and thank the Lord we are not Wisconsin Badgers!
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
LOL indeed. Imagine being this out of touch with reality. Wow.

Somebody had some pent up anxiety from his emperor losing to “Sleepy Joe.” You feeling better?

😂
the fact you support antiSemetic, homophobic, open borders, dismantling of police Black Lives Matters earns you two T’s and an early exit to the showers...and thx to those technicals, MU just lost by 1 to...DePaul 😖
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
...then don’t go to a bar or restaurant. Personal responsibility...it seems to escape you. Do you really need govt., or anyone to tell you how to respond to this? You really want govt to crank your taxes to pay for people to stay home? Really? Well, Biden is your boy because that will most likely be his ridiculous approach. Btw, those businesses you want shut down...many probably don’t reopen. And those that survive then have the good fortune under Sleepy Joe of $15 minimum wage at some point in 2021. Good bye even more jobs! Again, be smart. Apply common sense. And to keep this on track as a hoops blog...We Are Marquette! and thank the Lord we are not Wisconsin Badgers!

Apparently you don’t understand that OTHERS may go to a bar and restaurant and spread the disease around the community. So other people’s choices affect me and my health.  Which is why shutting these places down WORKS when done in other parts of the world.

I can’t believe we are eight months into this and people can’t grasp this.  So yeah. I would rather deal with Sleepy Joe than people like you who can’t figure this sh*t out...STILL.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2020, 06:12:41 PM »
the fact you support antiSemetic, homophobic, open borders, dismantling of police Black Lives Matters earns you two T’s and an early exit to the showers...and thx to those technicals, MU just lost by 1 to...DePaul 😖

Remember, it's better to not take all of the drugs at the same time. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2020, 06:23:20 PM »
There are 250,000 families (probably more, to be honest) that are going to be without some loved ones this holiday season.

I'd love for you to sit down to Thanksgiving dinner with one of those families and say that to their face.   Maybe it should have been a member or two of your family.  Then you might take it more seriously.

These deaths are preventable.  It isn't fear, it is concern for human life.  Don't be so callous.

C'mon man, you spit that back perfectly. Sleepy Joe must've really impressed you with that sound bite. But, then again, the naive are like parrots. You got your hope and dream, enjoy. The problem is the rest of us will not take any satisfaction in having warned you of this disaster aka Biden, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »

C'mon man, you spit that back perfectly. Sleepy Joe must've really impressed you with that sound bite. But, then again, the naive are like parrots. You got your hope and dream, enjoy. The problem is the rest of us will not take any satisfaction in having warned you of this disaster aka Biden, hey?

I didn’t take any satisfaction in having warned all of you about the Trump disaster but here we are, aina?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2020, 06:29:55 PM »

Remember.  The author of this post once called Trump the best president of his lifetime. So take his opinion for what it’s worth.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2020, 06:32:17 PM »
I really hate when people say Sleepy Joe.   Especially considering Orange Man has slept through a pandemic that has killed 250,000 and counting.  Stop it please!

Control the virus and the economy will begin to heal itself until a vaccine is widely distributed.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2020, 06:33:32 PM »
Another parrot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2020, 06:36:03 PM »

How many who survive it have ended up with long term symptoms?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Another parrot, hey?

You donating to 45's campaign fund to recount votes?  I hope not.  You'll be in for a rude awakening when you realize the con man just conned you.  Again.

feedback