[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245465 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #950 on: December 14, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »

???  He's their leading rusher and third leading receiver.  Unless you have Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry, this is how you use a running back these days.

He doesn't get the ball in the red zone. Hes basically a time share with Williams and thats god forbid if they do run the ball. HIs attempts and percentage of attempts are far lower than most of the other top 10ish backs.

Pack love their Rodgers td stat padding they will let Aaron throw 4 times from the 1 before giving it to Jones.

His average carries per game are more middling compared to other top flight backs as well.

Rodgers is the MVP right now so it's not exactly a bad thing to let him fling it. Unless youre Jones and you are looking to get paid and treated like a top NFL back. Which is why I think he goes elsewhere.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #951 on: December 14, 2020, 06:01:55 PM »
He doesn't get the ball in the red zone. Hes basically a time share with Williams and thats god forbid if they do run the ball. HIs attempts and percentage of attempts are far lower than most of the other top 10ish backs.

Pack love their Rodgers td stat padding they will let Aaron throw 4 times from the 1 before giving it to Jones.

His average carries per game are more middling compared to other top flight backs as well.

Rodgers is the MVP right now so it's not exactly a bad thing to let him fling it. Unless youre Jones and you are looking to get paid and treated like a top NFL back. Which is why I think he goes elsewhere.

Disagree with you on Jones. They keep him fresh for the entire season by not giving him 25-30 touches a game like Henry. Henry is 250 pounds, Jones is 205.

Same reason why Murray gets so many carries in NO. Come playoffs, Kamala isn’t beaten up.

If GB wants a guy who is perhaps the best passer in history to throw a lot, I am good with it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #952 on: December 14, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »
Disagree with you on Jones. They keep him fresh for the entire season by not giving him 25-30 touches a game like Henry. Henry is 250 pounds, Jones is 205.

Same reason why Murray gets so many carries in NO. Come playoffs, Kamala isn’t beaten up.

If GB wants a guy who is perhaps the best passer in history to throw a lot, I am good with it.

JOnes gets like 14.5 touches per game. Long way to go before we start talking 25-30.

Kamara has about 40 more catches than Jones, he gets his touches in different ways.

Jones is good enough to be a weapon in the red zone(and everywhere on the field). So this is strictly about him seeing himself as such and looking elsewhere. It's not about whether the Packers should limit Rodgers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2020, 06:31:54 PM »
AJ will go where the money takes him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2020, 06:32:44 PM »
JOnes gets like 14.5 touches per game. Long way to go before we start talking 25-30.

Kamara has about 40 more catches than Jones, he gets his touches in different ways.

Jones is good enough to be a weapon in the red zone(and everywhere on the field). So this is strictly about him seeing himself as such and looking elsewhere. It's not about whether the Packers should limit Rodgers.

Then maybe you shouldn’t label it as “stat padding.”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2020, 07:09:47 PM »
Exactly. Read up on what Ried thought about him after the Chiefs worked him out. Heck, Alex Smith had them at like 12-4 and was in the MVP discussion the first half of the year Mahomes’s rookie year and they traded him away.

Also, while “all 32 teams didn't mortgage the farm,” not all 32 teams traded picks to move up a single spot to take a guy who would’ve been there had they stayed where they were and who had started one year in college.

Alex Smith broke his leg and nearly died from the staff infection that followed.  That is why Mahomes got his shot his rookie year.  E-60 did an entire 1-hour special on this.  What you wrote is not the way it went down.

And I have read up on what Andy Reid thought of Mahomes.  Show me the part where he thought Mahomes was a once in a generation QB, the Michael Jordan of the NFL?  And Reid was so sure of this the Chiefs were willing to wait for the 10th pick to get him, knowing that at least the Bears were picking a QB ahead of them. And then he was going to let this unbelievable talent sit for 12 games behind Alex Smith until Smith broke his leg before he got his shot.

Yes, he thought Mahomes would be good.,  Bit NO ONE thought he was going to be this good. If anyone did think Mahomes was going to be this good, they would give whatever was necessary to jump up in the draft to get him.  No one did.

This is not the first time this has happened in the NFL, QB vastly outperformed their projections.  See Brady, Rogers, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, etc.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:15:23 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2020, 07:20:00 PM »
Alex Smith broke his leg and nearly died from the staff infection that followed.  That is why Mahomes got his shot his rookie year.  E-60 did an entire 1-hour special on this.  What you wrote is not the way it went down.

And I have read up on what Andy Reid thought of Mahomes.  Show me the part where he thought Mahomes was a once in a generation QB, the Michael Jordan of the NFL?  And Reid was so sure of this the Chiefs were willing to wait for the 10th pick to get him, knowing that at least the Bears were picking a QB ahead of them. And then he was going to let this unbelievable talent sit for 12 games behind Alex Smith until Smith broke his leg before he got his shot.

Yes, he thought Mahomes would be good.,  Bit NO ONE thought he was going to be this good. If anyone did think Mahomes was going to be this good, they would give whatever was necessary to jump up in the draft to get him.  No one did.

This is not the first time this has happened in the NFL, QB vastly outperformed their projections.  See Brady, Rogers, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, etc.

Alex Smith's serious leg injury was in Washington, not KC.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »

Lol you are wrong. Hilariously wrong. Alex Smith already was on Washington when he broke his leg. The Chiefs let him leave because they knew Mahomes was better.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2020, 07:25:23 PM »
Stick with your sell Apple exhortations.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2020, 07:28:04 PM »
Lol you are wrong. Hilariously wrong. Alex Smith already was on Washington when he broke his leg. The Chiefs let him leave because they knew Mahomes was better.

In fact, Smith made the Pro Bowl that year yet the Chiefs decided to trade him in the off-season anyway.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #960 on: December 14, 2020, 08:08:07 PM »

I stopped reading after your second sentence. You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #961 on: December 14, 2020, 08:12:47 PM »

Did they know he was a transformational QB when they drafted him? Or is that your after the fact revisionist history?

And if "everyone knew?" Why only get not the bears case for passing on him?  Why not get all 31 teams for not trying to get him?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #962 on: December 14, 2020, 08:54:30 PM »
Did they know he was a transformational QB when they drafted him? Or is that your after the fact revisionist history?

And if "everyone knew?" Why only get not the bears case for passing on him?  Why not get all 31 teams for not trying to get him?

So you’re going to ignore your obvious error and change the argument again?

The Chiefs thought he was great. He looked so good in practice as a rookie that they traded away their all pro quarterback.

And I never said “everybody knew.”  The fact is the Bears chose a terrible quarterback when a very good one and possibly a generational one were on the board. Keep making excuses but the facts are right there.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #963 on: December 14, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »
Heisey going back in this topic, no one said “everybody knew” Mahomes would be this good. That’s was another made up quote to shift goalposts, which is your usual go to when you’ve been dunked on.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #964 on: December 14, 2020, 10:33:36 PM »
Going from that MU win to this MNF game is like snorting cocaine (...I think).

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #965 on: December 14, 2020, 10:37:57 PM »

This game is seriously insane. I’ve seen three TDs since switching.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #966 on: December 14, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »
Wow...that safety was significant to many.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #967 on: December 14, 2020, 11:09:46 PM »

That was awesome.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #968 on: December 14, 2020, 11:42:39 PM »
Heisey going back in this topic, no one said “everybody knew” Mahomes would be this good. That’s was another made up quote to shift goalposts, which is your usual go to when you’ve been dunked on.

Umm ... he did

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60782.msg1287570#msg1287570

Chief's management would like to have a word -
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:44:57 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2020, 07:46:18 AM »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2020, 08:24:05 AM »
Then maybe you shouldn’t label it as “stat padding.”

When it takes 3 tries and you're already up 21 and you don't give it to the running back.....it kinda is.

The stats are the stats. He doesn't get the opportunities other top end backs get(Jones is really good back imo)and hes probably moving on. Unless the Pack flip the switch and offer him a crazy deal.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #971 on: December 15, 2020, 08:39:44 AM »

LOL, so Chief's management is "everyone?"

Keep digging Heisey.

Now your goal post shifting. 
(you mocked "everyone knew" and I gave you one)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #972 on: December 15, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
When it takes 3 tries and you're already up 21 and you don't give it to the running back.....it kinda is.

The stats are the stats. He doesn't get the opportunities other top end backs get(Jones is really good back imo)and hes probably moving on. Unless the Pack flip the switch and offer him a crazy deal.

You play to win.  You win by scoring points the best way you can.  No GM is going to give Aaron Jones more or less money because he doesn't score a touchdown in a goal to go situation.  Smart GMs know his value.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #973 on: December 15, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »
Interesting thing happened near the end of the Panthers game. With Panthers losing by 5 and facing a 3rd-and-8 at their 35, the final seconds ticked down to the 2-minute warning. Everybody was running around like chickens with their heads off, and the coaches told QB Teddy Bridgewater to just let the clock go down to 2 minutes so they could get a good play in. They still had 1 time-out, and plenty of time remaining.

But Bridgewater sensed that the Broncos weren't ready, hustled the team to the line and took the snap just as the clock hit 2. He then threw a terrible pass out of bounds, forcing a 4th-and-8; the next play (the first after the 2-minute warning) failed, effectively ending the game.

Afterward, the coach was clearly disappointed that Bridgewater had ignored instructions, and Bridgewater admitted he probably shouldn't have. And even the next day (yesterday), the coach -- who has been a players' coach big-time -- was still saying: “Teddy made a decision to run a play when we asked him not to.”

In the NFL, you usually don't hear this kind of frankness.

Bridgewater hasn't been horrible, but he hasn't been good. He has had a chance to lead a winning or tying drive 7 times, and he is 0-for-7. All of the failures weren't his fault, but he certainly was not part of the solution. He is a caretaker QB, holding the position warm for whomever the Panthers deem is their QB of the future. I'm not in love with any of the QBs not named Trevor in this draft, but I admit that I don't follow college football as closely as many.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #974 on: December 15, 2020, 10:20:25 AM »
Exactly. Read up on what Ried thought about him after the Chiefs worked him out. Heck, Alex Smith had them at like 12-4 and was in the MVP discussion the first half of the year Mahomes’s rookie year and they traded him away.

Also, while “all 32 teams didn't mortgage the farm,” not all 32 teams traded picks to move up a single spot to take a guy who would’ve been there had they stayed where they were and who had started one year in college.

Fun fact:

One of the picks the Bears traded to get Trubisky ended up being Alvin Kamara.   The Saints acquired it from San Fran.

feedback