[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245820 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »
How 'bout Pettine, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2020, 07:25:24 PM »
How 'bout dat Jonathan Taylor, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2020, 08:42:29 PM »
Gotta go.

Shepherd should be first to go. Just an inexcusable fumble. And he’s shown nothing as a receiver or returner.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »
Spiking the ball at the 15 on 1st and 10 with 42 seconds left seemed incredibly dumb at the time, and indeed it was.

Totally agree. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #680 on: November 22, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »
The defense has issues no doubt and Pettine has not done a good job.  But two inexcusable fumbles by two idiot, unreliable receivers just not being mindful at all of securing the ball in mid fourth quarter and OT is why this was a loss.  Can’t have guys like that.

Shepherd should be released tomorrow. MVS only gets another chance because of occasional big play ability.  But you cannot trust him at all either.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #681 on: November 22, 2020, 10:29:49 PM »
Fun game between the Chiefs and Raiders. Dang, Mahomes is fun to watch ... and pretty much impossible to defend. Love watching him play QB.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #682 on: November 22, 2020, 11:02:49 PM »
Bold prediction:  This is 12’s last year in Green Bay

Not a chance. They’d be fighting to stay out of last place without ARod.

Jockey

• All American

Uncle Rico

• All American
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #686 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
Fans are the worst aspect of sports

Yup, embarassing.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #687 on: November 23, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #688 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »
I think Stafford survives the inevitable regime change this off-season.   Keep one more year of stability starting to build around him and then get a young QB.

unfortunately the cap hit is too high to get rid of him.  I am hopeful that after getting embarrassed Thursday that Patricia will be shown the door, similar to Mooch in 2005.

The draft pick will be in the top 10. Too low to get Lawrence or Fields, but this is a pretty good QB class (Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance) so maybe the future begins next year.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #689 on: November 23, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »
unfortunately the cap hit is too high to get rid of him.  I am hopeful that after getting embarrassed Thursday that Patricia will be shown the door, similar to Mooch in 2005.

The draft pick will be in the top 10. Too low to get Lawrence or Fields, but this is a pretty good QB class (Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance) so maybe the future begins next year.
After watching Fields versus Indiana, he does not seem to be a good decision maker. He relies too much on his athletic ability. Granted, that might be only one game.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #690 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
After watching Fields versus Indiana, he does not seem to be a good decision maker. He relies too much on his athletic ability. Granted, that might be only one game.

Indiana has an excellent defense. They have at least two takeaways in every game.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #691 on: November 23, 2020, 02:47:34 PM »
I think Fields' biggest problem is that he held onto the ball too long, which works when you are the Ohio State QB throwing to future NFL receivers, and if no one gets open, you can just run away.  But that doesn't work in the NFL.

That being said, I have felt similarly about other QBs in the past, and it has worked out for them as they have adjusted.  So I think Fields can adjust as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #692 on: November 23, 2020, 03:59:08 PM »

Fields is definitely talented and has the potential to be a really quality NFL QB

But the people(thankfully not too many) that have suggested at points this fall that he may be a better prospect than Lawrence are absolutely insane. It really isn't close, at all.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #693 on: November 23, 2020, 06:11:53 PM »
I think Fields' biggest problem is that he held onto the ball too long, which works when you are the Ohio State QB throwing to future NFL receivers, and if no one gets open, you can just run away.  But that doesn't work in the NFL.

That being said, I have felt similarly about other QBs in the past, and it has worked out for them as they have adjusted.  So I think Fields can adjust as well.

Fields seemed like he didn’t take IU seriously. A lot of careless decisions and throws and holding onto the the ball too long thinking he was invincible.  He’ll get over that, but it was pretty inexcusable.

Fun game between the Chiefs and Raiders. Dang, Mahomes is fun to watch ... and pretty much impossible to defend. Love watching him play QB.

The contrast between their final drive and the Packers’ Tying FG final drive was pretty remarkable. It’s gotta be coaching cause it’s not like Rodgers is flighty.  Chiefs moved in between snaps with such purpose and poise. Mahomes always the last one getting set and making sure all was in order. Packers on all of the spikes, including the unnecessary one, seemed to be in shambolic hurry mode.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #694 on: November 23, 2020, 06:25:54 PM »
WATCH: Ravens Coach John Harbaugh Snubs Mike Vrabel Postgame Handshake

Dude learned from da best, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #695 on: November 24, 2020, 10:31:32 AM »
Last night, Brady had a ton of time and a time-out to use. I thought a tying FG was a done deal, and there was a good chance of a TD to win it. But he threw an interception on what was as poor a decision/pass as anything Cutler or Winston or Trubisky or Ryan Freakin' Leaf ever threw.

It's still legit to argue that Brady is the best QB ever, but he's no longer great, and on many days not even good. Even for him, Father Time's clock is ticking.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #696 on: November 24, 2020, 10:39:54 AM »
Last night, Brady had a ton of time and a time-out to use. I thought a tying FG was a done deal, and there was a good chance of a TD to win it. But he threw an interception on what was as poor a decision/pass as anything Cutler or Winston or Trubisky or Ryan Freakin' Leaf ever threw.

It's still legit to argue that Brady is the best QB ever, but he's no longer great, and on many days not even good. Even for him, Father Time's clock is ticking.

Watching numerous Bucs games this year, beyond the failing arm strength, it’s been really interesting to watch Brady be completely lost. Terrible reads, bad decisions, no pocket presence, holding onto the ball too long.

I don’t know how much is Father Time like you said, how much is unfamiliarity with a system when he played in the same one for nearly 2 decades, and how much is that system really taking him from very good to great.

Regardless of how the Pats have played this year,  not paying Brady was clearly the absolute right call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #697 on: November 24, 2020, 10:51:25 AM »
Watching numerous Bucs games this year, beyond the failing arm strength, it’s been really interesting to watch Brady be completely lost. Terrible reads, bad decisions, no pocket presence, holding onto the ball too long.

I don’t know how much is Father Time like you said, how much is unfamiliarity with a system when he played in the same one for nearly 2 decades, and how much is that system really taking him from very good to great.

Regardless of how the Pats have played this year,  not paying Brady was clearly the absolute right call

Good points, Wags. Brady isn't Willie-with-the-Mets bad, but he obviously is not the Tom Brady we saw for most of his 849 years in New England. The signs of him struggling (relatively speaking) were there last season.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #698 on: November 24, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »
I’m not trying to recklessly speculate, but is Mike McCarthy ok?

Edit: The Cowboys strength and conditioning coach died. Prayers up to his family.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:46:55 AM by DegenerateDish »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #699 on: November 24, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »
I’m not trying to recklessly speculate, but is Mike McCarthy ok?

Edit: The Cowboys strength and conditioning coach died. Prayers up to his family.

Former Bear Markus Paul.

feedback