collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 247819 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #625 on: November 16, 2020, 10:24:55 PM »
I look forward to the 2022 draft when the Bears come off a 4-12 year, and meatball fans don’t want Sam Howell because he went to Carolina like Mitch did

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #626 on: November 16, 2020, 11:06:08 PM »
Well, at the very least I can enjoy the Vikings playing some meaningful games coming up.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #627 on: November 17, 2020, 05:25:01 AM »
The was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen. Two first downs in the second half. One in garbage time.

The play calling apparently was not the problem.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »
IF the Vikings make the playoffs, no one is going to want to play them.  And if they expand the playoffs further to 8 teams, and they end up the 8th seed, I would rather finish 2nd.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #629 on: November 17, 2020, 08:58:43 AM »
IF the Vikings make the playoffs, no one is going to want to play them.  And if they expand the playoffs further to 8 teams, and they end up the 8th seed, I would rather finish 2nd.

Eh.  Cook is incredible.  But no team quarterbacked by Kirk Cousins scares me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »
But their defense is rounding into shape.  It was bad early.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2020, 09:46:54 AM »
Eh.  Cook is incredible.  But no team quarterbacked by Kirk Cousins scares me.

Kirk definitely shouldn't fear anyone. But if Dalvin is hummin he doesn't have to do much. And the Vikes have 2 really, really good receivers. All Kirk really has to do is what he did last. Quick balls over the middle and let the guys go to work.

That said, this team is still 4-5
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
Kirk definitely shouldn't fear anyone. But if Dalvin is hummin he doesn't have to do much. And the Vikes have 2 really, really good receivers. All Kirk really has to do is what he did last. Quick balls over the middle and let the guys go to work.

That said, this team is still 4-5

Not to mention a very reliable TE

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
Bears offensive line is terrible. A guy could be killed playing behind that line.

Awful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #634 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »
Tower-MU82 Bowl this Sunday.

For my side, McCaffrey not expected to play. Still no word on Bridgewater.

This one is for none of the marbles!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #635 on: November 18, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »
Bears offensive line is terrible. A guy could be killed playing behind that line.

Awful.

Ryan Pace has drafted 39 players as Bears GM.
Two of them - sixth and seventh round picks, respectively - are offensive tackles.
But he's taken five running backs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #636 on: November 18, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
Two of them - sixth and seventh round picks, respectively - are offensive tackles.

And 79 tight ends.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2020, 01:49:31 PM »
Tower-MU82 Bowl this Sunday.

For my side, McCaffrey not expected to play. Still no word on Bridgewater.

This one is for none of the marbles!

Detroit made Alex Smith a hero.   Look for your offense to be just fine.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #638 on: November 18, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »

Retaining Pace after this season is franchise malpractice
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »
Detroit made Alex Smith a hero.   Look for your offense to be just fine.

The Panthers' offense is decent. They just tend to take off a quarter or more ... and because the defense really blows, they can't afford that.

If Stafford and Bridgewater are healthy, we could have a high-scoring game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »
Retaining Pace after this season is franchise malpractice

Great timing as the reports are the Bears are bringing in Deshone Kizer for workouts. What a joke

wadesworld

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2020, 08:28:45 AM »
Jake Scott, one of my favorite players from my days rooting for the great Dolphins teams of the 70s, died yesterday at age 75.

Playing alongside Dick Anderson, one of the great safety pairings ever, Scott intercepted 2 passes in SB7 to cap the only undefeated season in NFL history and was named MVP of the game. A true ballhawk, with 49 career picks in 126 games.

Scott was a hippy and a rebel. He feuded with both Georgia coach Vince Dooley and Dolphins coach Don Shula, and he left both teams as a result. He left Georgia after his junior year but couldn't go to the NFL because of the league's rules at the time. So he played a season in Canada and the Dolphins got him by taking him in the 7th round of that year's draft -- one of the best picks in franchise history.

Interesting factoid: Jimmy the Greek cited Scott's shoulder injury as a reason he made Washington the favorite over the 16-0 Dolphins. That the Dolphins not only won but Scott intercepted 2 passes to be MVP haunted Greek for years.

Greek should have known Scott would play. The previous year, he played in SB6 (a loss to Dallas) despite having broken bones in both wrists.

When he had those injuries, Scott famously joked: "I know who my friends are when I go to the bathroom."

Scott wore No. 13 before Dan Marino did. The number has since been retired by the Dolphins.

RIP Jake Scott. When the Steelers lose, I hope the remaining Dolphins will toast Jake, Shula and Jim Kiick, all of whom died this year. Effen 2020.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #643 on: November 22, 2020, 11:21:23 AM »
No McCaffrey ... AND no Bridgewater.

While McCaffrey's replacement is quite good (Mike Davis), the backup QB -- P.J. Walker -- will be making his first NFL start.

Two starting offensive linemen (including the LT) and their best CB out, too.

Folks shoulda gotten their bets down on the Lions while they had a chance.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:27:08 AM by MU82 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #644 on: November 22, 2020, 11:45:20 AM »
The Lions have a long and glorious history of making unknown quarterbacks a lot of money.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #645 on: November 22, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »
The Lions have a long and glorious history of making unknown quarterbacks a lot of money.

A real offensive explosion between our two Kittykats.

Panthers have been worst 3rd quarter team in the league.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #646 on: November 22, 2020, 01:52:56 PM »
A real offensive explosion between our two Kittykats.

Panthers have been worst 3rd quarter team in the league.

The Bears wanna question this.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #647 on: November 22, 2020, 02:09:07 PM »
Ugh. Joe Burrow out with a knee injury.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #648 on: November 22, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
Jake Scott, one of my favorite players from my days rooting for the great Dolphins teams of the 70s, died yesterday at age 75.

Playing alongside Dick Anderson, one of the great safety pairings ever, Scott intercepted 2 passes in SB7 to cap the only undefeated season in NFL history and was named MVP of the game. A true ballhawk, with 49 career picks in 126 games.

Scott was a hippy and a rebel. He feuded with both Georgia coach Vince Dooley and Dolphins coach Don Shula, and he left both teams as a result. He left Georgia after his junior year but couldn't go to the NFL because of the league's rules at the time. So he played a season in Canada and the Dolphins got him by taking him in the 7th round of that year's draft -- one of the best picks in franchise history.

Interesting factoid: Jimmy the Greek cited Scott's shoulder injury as a reason he made Washington the favorite over the 16-0 Dolphins. That the Dolphins not only won but Scott intercepted 2 passes to be MVP haunted Greek for years.

Greek should have known Scott would play. The previous year, he played in SB6 (a loss to Dallas) despite having broken bones in both wrists.

When he had those injuries, Scott famously joked: "I know who my friends are when I go to the bathroom."

Scott wore No. 13 before Dan Marino did. The number has since been retired by the Dolphins.

RIP Jake Scott. When the Steelers lose, I hope the remaining Dolphins will toast Jake, Shula and Jim Kiick, all of whom died this year. Effen 2020.

Great story. Scott was a great player. RIP.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #649 on: November 22, 2020, 02:57:52 PM »

Wow ... what a miserable performance by your guys. They didn’t make the Panthers’ nobody QB look like a star, but they did make a horrendous defense look like the 85 Bears. I felt sorry for Stafford.

feedback