[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245515 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
Dan McNeil tweeted that Maria Taylor dressed like she should be presenting at the AVN awards, not sideline reporting for MNF.  The justifiable blow black has begun. Hopefully this finally gets him permanently sent out to pasture. Parkins is bad enough without a meathead moron next to him who has nothing to add to sports convos but fishing stories, classic rock anecdotes, or bragging how he didn’t watch the games last night but taped them to watch after he got off the air that afternoon. But given they brought him back from irrelevant exile for a flipping midday spot, the Score likely doesn’t do anything

82 can relate.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:37 AM »
Dan McNeil tweeted that Maria Taylor dressed like she should be presenting at the AVN awards, not sideline reporting for MNF.  The justifiable blow black has begun. Hopefully this finally gets him permanently sent out to pasture. Parkins is bad enough without a meathead moron next to him who has nothing to add to sports convos but fishing stories, classic rock anecdotes, or bragging how he didn’t watch the games last night but taped them to watch after he got off the air that afternoon. But given they brought him back from irrelevant exile for a flipping midday spot, the Score likely doesn’t do anything

McNeil will hopefully be gone by the end of this week.

I can not stand Parkins. If he was an overnight host or in an off hour timeslot, he'd be fine. His takes are awful, he has a chip on his shoulder that he hasn't earned. That show is a terrible listen, hopefully this is the end.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »
Dropping Jason Goff and Matt Spiegel, and bringing back Dan McNeil, was the end of my Score listening days.  I know Goff suffered in comparison to Boers, but they didn't give it time to gel.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2020, 10:20:23 AM »
Dropping Jason Goff and Matt Spiegel, and bringing back Dan McNeil, was the end of my Score listening days.  I know Goff suffered in comparison to Boers, but they didn't give it time to gel.

McNeil will hopefully be gone by the end of this week.

I can not stand Parkins. If he was an overnight host or in an off hour timeslot, he'd be fine. His takes are awful, he has a chip on his shoulder that he hasn't earned. That show is a terrible listen, hopefully this is the end.

Agree fully with both of you. Spiegel was clearly the better of the two IMO, so him being booted and Parkins essentially being promoted was baffling. I really liked Goff. I don’t think he played as well with the older white dude demo of the Score, but I thought he was really refreshing and he and Bernstein actually had some great moments. I thought he actually did a good job of pulling Bernstein out of crotchety old man mode and making him truly funny at times.

I’ve talked about it before, but Parkins and McNeil LOVE not knowing stuff and thinking it’s hilarious. Both live in their little bubbles and can’t speak outside it. Last time the Bears were in London, they had a whole 20-30 min discussion how it was probably hard for the Bears to find “normal” stuff to eat, and how bad British food was. And it wasn’t a gag, they were serious. Parkins with his “I did 5 days in Europe when I was 23” know it all schtick and McNeil being xenophobic as usual. It was awful, as their show normally is.

Can McNeil and send Parkins back to some smaller market where he belongs

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2020, 10:26:53 AM »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »

Still listen to Bernstein. Way too pompous, but lots of good takes. But, McNeil is absolutely the worst. Never has a decent take on anything and his fishing stories are just as bad as everyone else’s fishing stories.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
I think Laurence has done a very good job since he took over noon-2. Earlier in his career, he was too much of a suck up to Boers/Bernstein (in my opinion), but I think the last few years, he's evolved into more of his own voice. His show is much better for it, and I think he's doing as good a job as anyone at the station.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »
I think Laurence has done a very good job since he took over noon-2. Earlier in his career, he was too much of a suck up to Boers/Bernstein (in my opinion), but I think the last few years, he's evolved into more of his own voice. His show is much better for it, and I think he's doing as good a job as anyone at the station.

I miss lawrholmes in the evenings.  Never get to catch his show in the car during the day.  He needs a bigger show, he's earned it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »
McNeil has been fired.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
McNeil has been fired.

Ben Koo
@bkoo
This is to be expected when you’ve made a career out of looking for cheap yucks from an audience whose main advertisers are divorce and bankruptcy attorneys as well as erectile dysfunction solutions.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2020, 04:24:13 PM »
Welp...

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1305960781050187778?s=19

Packers will trade a young QB for him to improve the Bears starting lineup.

We'll miss you, Tim

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2020, 04:57:51 PM »
Welp...

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1305960781050187778?s=19

Trade him for a poor return and hear next year “why don’t the Bears ever have great WRs?!”

This organization is such a mess

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
McNeil has been fired.

We’re way too sensitive over a bad joke.

He should be fired for being the worst host on WSCR, not over being insensitive.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Trade him for a poor return and hear next year “why don’t the Bears ever have great WRs?!”

This organization is such a mess

Seems like the PERFECT time to trade Arob and Mack.

Go in next year with a rebuild.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
We’re way too sensitive over a bad joke.

He should be fired for being the worst host on WSCR, not over being insensitive.

Probably not crazy to think there was a healthy helping of the latter and this gave them a convenient excuse to move on

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
Damn you, Matthew Stafford.    Now I actually have to watch a Lion's game and root for you.   

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-nfl-racial-injustice
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2020, 06:16:05 PM »
Damn you, Matthew Stafford.    Now I actually have to watch a Lion's game and root for you.   

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-nfl-racial-injustice

Good for him.

Wonder how many UGa fans will stop cheering for him now....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2020, 07:23:10 PM »
TNF ratings last night better than last year's week two game.
Obviously viewers love when players make statements on social issues (because that's what controls ratings, I'm told).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »

I’m a big fan of Stafford. Think if he played with a competent line throughout his career he’d be recognized as a top QB in the NFL.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2020, 06:44:24 PM »
Competent line.   Competent defense, competent organization.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »
Competent line.   Competent defense, competent organization.

Yes, but just in terms of how Stafford would be viewed I think simply the line would’ve been enough. And competent receivers beyond Megatron early in his career would’ve helped. I think Stafford is one of the more under appreciated players in my time as a football fan.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2020, 08:23:55 PM »
Yes, but just in terms of how Stafford would be viewed I think simply the line would’ve been enough. And competent receivers beyond Megatron early in his career would’ve helped. I think Stafford is one of the more under appreciated players in my time as a football fan.

IDK. I think he’s an above average QB who just never quite gets there.  Maybe a Steve McNair with a worse supporting cast?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2020, 08:47:45 PM »
IDK. I think he’s an above average QB who just never quite gets there.  Maybe a Steve McNair with a worse supporting cast?

Stafford is Phil Rivers minus the fun.