[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 254027 times)

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #2300 on: February 26, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
Of my many gripes with UW, the inclusion of Wilson among their cherished alumni featured in posters or videos or whatnot is hysterical to me.  Dude was literally in Madison for 6 months and they didn’t win a Rose Bowl.  Yet he’s viewed as a beloved Badger.

I’d agree, a decade later, his NFL time has colored more perception of him in Wisconsin and his favorability isn’t as high.

Fake? Sure.  Overrated? Not a chance.  Go back and watch some of the throws he made this season.  He has good weapons, but he has an incredible arm and accuracy and is insane at extending plays.  He’s properly rated as a stud QB.  Also, Tyler Lockett is very good, but no way in hell is he top 5.
Metcalf. Maybe top 10 but quickly ascending.

I think wilson is a good qb but he is over rated. He was  being pushed as mvp early on this season, he is nowhere near that and did not play well to close out season.  0 votes for mvp.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:42:50 PM by hairy worthen »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2301 on: February 26, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »
Metcalf. Maybe top 10 but quickly ascending.

I think wilson is a good qb but he is over rated. He was  being pushed as mvp early on this season, he is nowhere near that and did not play well to close out season.  0 votes for mvp.

Because his stats had him in that position.

Do you understand that?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2302 on: February 26, 2021, 07:54:57 PM »
Because his stats had him in that position.

Do you understand that?
My point is he is overrated. Do you understand that?  That's my opinion.

He was being crowned mvp 2 fricking games into the season, that's my point. The media swarms all over this guy and it ended up being unwarranted.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:04:34 PM by hairy worthen »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2303 on: February 26, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »
My point is he is overrated. Do you understand that?
[/quote

What does your thought that he's overrated have to do with his stats in the early part of the season that demonstrated he was an MVP candidate?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2304 on: February 26, 2021, 08:07:43 PM »

That’s not a point. It’s an opinion, not backed up by facts.

You bring up him being talked about as an MVP candidate but not getting any votes as proof. Which completely ignores the fact that the beginning of the year his stats were tremendous. That’s why he was talked about, not cause he was some media darling.

He’s an 8 time Pro Bowler, been to 2 SBs and probably should have won both, and has a top 5 passer rating of all time. I’ve already said I don’t care for the dude, but calling him overrated just makes you sound like a petty hater

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2305 on: February 26, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »
[/quote

What does your thought that he's overrated have to do with his stats in the early part of the season that demonstrated he was an MVP candidate?
See my revised post above. It was too early to call any mvp, yet people were all over him. Then it turned out that he wasnt even top 5 in mvp race, that's being over rated imo

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2306 on: February 26, 2021, 08:16:41 PM »
That’s not a point. It’s an opinion, not backed up by facts.

You bring up him being talked about as an MVP candidate but not getting any votes as proof. Which completely ignores the fact that the beginning of the year his stats were tremendous. That’s why he was talked about, not cause he was some media darling.

He’s an 8 time Pro Bowler, been to 2 SBs and probably should have won both, and has a top 5 passer rating of all time. I’ve already said I don’t care for the dude, but calling him overrated just makes you sound like a petty hater
I already said it was my opinion and acknowledged he was a good player. I simply feel like he gets more run than he should. And btw you look like a petty nitpicker.  Settle down it's not that big of a deal. really, it's a fricking message board.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:23:24 PM by hairy worthen »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2307 on: February 26, 2021, 08:18:29 PM »
See my revised post above. It was too early to call any mvp, yet people were all over him. Then it turned out that he wasnt even top 5 in mvp race, that's being over rated imo

I still don't think that makes sense.

He had all the stats early in the season to be in the MVP race. Rest of the season was not as good. So he wasn't in the race.

By your logic, is any player who got MVP votes at the end, but wasn't discussed early in the season, underrated?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2308 on: February 26, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
I still don't think that makes sense.

He had all the stats early in the season to be in the MVP race. Rest of the season was not as good. So he wasn't in the race.

By your logic, is any player who got MVP votes at the end, but wasn't discussed early in the season, underrated?
Ok last post on this. No player should get run as mvp in the first 2 games of the season regardless of stats. Yet he was being crowned early on by many.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2309 on: February 27, 2021, 07:33:10 AM »
Going to agree with Harry here.  There was a lot of "Russ has never won MVP" and "let Russ cook" narrative early on.  But then when they let him cook too much, he turned the ball over a bunch and made a bunch of bad decisions.

Russ is a good quarterback.  Is he an elite, HOF quarterback like Rodgers, Brady or Brees?  IMO, no.  And I am not sure he will get there.

If the Hawks could trade him to the Raiders, get Carr in return plus a couple high level draft picks, I would take that in a second. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2310 on: February 27, 2021, 08:29:53 AM »
Going to agree with Harry here.  There was a lot of "Russ has never won MVP" and "let Russ cook" narrative early on.  But then when they let him cook too much, he turned the ball over a bunch and made a bunch of bad decisions.

Russ is a good quarterback.  Is he an elite, HOF quarterback like Rodgers, Brady or Brees?  IMO, no.  And I am not sure he will get there.

If the Hawks could trade him to the Raiders, get Carr in return plus a couple high level draft picks, I would take that in a second.

All of this.  There is a cult of the quarterback when it comes to football, that the qb (at least the one on your team) can do now wrong.  There’s always an excuse.  They lack playmakers or an offensive line or the defense fails them.  Rarely does the qb take the blame.  How about Russ take some of the blame for the Seahawks coming up short?  This holds true in Green Bay and elsewhere.  When the QB position sucks up a chunk of your salary cap, you are going to have spots on the team you have to overcome and that’s on the “elite” QB.  Can’t have it both ways
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2311 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:08 AM »
Ok last post on this. No player should get run as mvp in the first 2 games of the season regardless of stats. Yet he was being crowned early on by many.

Understood.

I don't necessarily disagree. But media has to talk about something. So if someone is playing well with outstanding stats, they're going to be talked about.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2312 on: February 27, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
All of this.  There is a cult of the quarterback when it comes to football, that the qb (at least the one on your team) can do now wrong.  There’s always an excuse.  They lack playmakers or an offensive line or the defense fails them.  Rarely does the qb take the blame.  How about Russ take some of the blame for the Seahawks coming up short?  This holds true in Green Bay and elsewhere.  When the QB position sucks up a chunk of your salary cap, you are going to have spots on the team you have to overcome and that’s on the “elite” QB.  Can’t have it both ways
I don't know how much of this is true. There's a reason the "backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town" is a thing.  Rather than the QB can do no wrong, fans and media tend to.place an inordinate amount of blame for losing  on the starting QB, deserved or not.
Case in point, the aforementioned Derek Carr. By nearly any statistical measure, he's been a top 10-12 QB the past couple years, despite having only one legit threat in the passing game (Darren Waller). Yet a large contingent of Raiders fans want to run the guy out of town because the defense gives up a million points per game and they lose. No lie, there are Raiders fans who want to dump Carr and start Mariotta.  Oof.

As for Russ, he's a top 5ish  QB, and unless you have one of the other four you'd be foolish not to at least kick the tires here. But I still don't think he's going anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:59:25 AM by Pakuni »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2313 on: February 27, 2021, 09:05:31 AM »
Jesus, this is like 3 fill pages of Russell Wilson hate.

He's a great qb.

Did he piss in your Wheaties guys?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2314 on: February 27, 2021, 10:06:43 AM »
Jesus, this is like 3 fill pages of Russell Wilson hate.

He's a great qb.

Did he piss in your Wheaties guys?
Fruit loops, but that's another topic.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2315 on: February 27, 2021, 10:58:03 AM »
I don't know how much of this is true. There's a reason the "backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town" is a thing.  Rather than the QB can do no wrong, fans and media tend to.place an inordinate amount of blame for losing  on the starting QB, deserved or not.
Case in point, the aforementioned Derek Carr. By nearly any statistical measure, he's been a top 10-12 QB the past couple years, despite having only one legit threat in the passing game (Darren Waller). Yet a large contingent of Raiders fans want to run the guy out of town because the defense gives up a million points per game and they lose. No lie, there are Raiders fans who want to dump Carr and start Mariotta.  Oof.

As for Russ, he's a top 5ish  QB, and unless you have one of the other four you'd be foolish not to at least kick the tires here. But I still don't think he's going anywhere.

I think both can be true and prove both points.  QBs like Wilson and Brees get passes because they’ve got ringZ while a QB like Carr is questioned because he hasn’t gotten it done.

It’s a lot of goal post shifting for both view points.  Carr needs to overcome the talent, Wilson can’t overcome the talent by himself. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2316 on: March 01, 2021, 11:55:58 AM »
JJ Watt to the Cardinals.
Another Midwesterner heads to suburban Phoenix to retire.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2317 on: March 01, 2021, 12:00:31 PM »
Looks like the Packers play in Arizona this year, so he will be able to experience a Packers home game.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2318 on: March 01, 2021, 12:06:07 PM »
JJ Watt to the Cardinals.
Another Midwesterner heads to suburban Phoenix to retire.

2 years, $31 Million, $23 Million guaranteed.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2319 on: March 01, 2021, 12:10:47 PM »

I’ve been told JJ was chasing rings and not dollars

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2320 on: March 01, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »

Way too much.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2321 on: March 01, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
I’ve been told JJ was chasing rings and not dollars

Not by JJ, you weren't.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2322 on: March 01, 2021, 12:31:05 PM »

Way too much.

Yeah, I kind of would have liked to see him on the Browns...but I'm glad they didn't blow that kind of money on him. Here's to hoping that the Browns can figure out another, better way to spend $31 million over the next couple years.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:43:21 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2323 on: March 01, 2021, 12:33:58 PM »

That’s insane.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2324 on: March 01, 2021, 12:55:04 PM »

Have to think that means Hassan Reddick is gone.  About as under the radar a 12 sack season free agent pickup as you'll see.