collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 76005 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2020, 09:21:04 AM »

What exactly would y'all like him to do? Shut the entire country down? A vaccine is the only potential control for the virus and that is in the works. Learn to live with it in the meantime, hey?

I guess my post wasn't clear. I wasn't implying trump is making the virus worse (that's another conversation). I am implying that he is intentionally trying to make the rioting worse.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »
I am hoping the address by Trump to the public is to rebuild, heal and fix social wrongs.  I am hoping it will not be a blame game.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:41:21 AM by NCMUFan »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2020, 09:43:51 AM »
I am hoping the address by Trump to the public is to rebuild, heal and fix social wrongs.  I am hoping it will not be a blame game.

Hahahahaha...
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2020, 09:47:36 AM »
I'm hoping my dog will start sh*ting gold bricks too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
Now that would be cool.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »

I don't know if I agree with this.  He's the sitting President.  The riots are spreading *under his watch.*  If the goal is to get suburban females to vote for him, ginning up the violence isn't going to do it IMO.

I agree with this.

Nixon used "Law & Order" in 1968 but he was not the President yet and he could pitch this.
If you are going to say "Law & Order" on your watch and the opposite happens then you obviously have let it get out of control that is if it really is out of control in the first place. You have just proven you are worthless to address the issue.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »

I've been on Scoop for many years now, and this might be the single funniest thing I have ever read here. Well done!

Nixon used "Law & Order" in 1968 but he was not the President yet and he could pitch this.
If you are going to say "Law & Order" on your watch and the opposite happens then you obviously have let it get out of control that is if it really is out of control in the first place. You have just proven you are worthless to address the issue.

You and Sultan are using logic and reason, and are speculating that voters will do the same. Try not to make that mistake again, young men!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2020, 10:31:14 AM »

I hope to learn more about the people in the dark shadows and the shady characters in black uniforms packing commercial airliners.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
Perhaps you will hear more about how a Kenosha police officer shooting someone 7 times in the back equates to a golfer "choking" on a 3 foot putt.

https://twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1300630358203928576?s=19

Or more defending 17 year old Women punchers who drive to Kenosha with assault rifles, killing and wounding multiple people.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300557880001794049?s=19

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2020, 11:01:18 AM »
I agree with this.

You underestimate the number of suburban voters that fear that liberal policies may forment the same type of riots/unrest you are seeing on TV. They like their police to identify and remove "others" not part of their community.

Right now they associate the riots with the liberal "others". To them, Biden/Harris/the Left are supporters of what they fear, and that Trump is trying to fight it. Why? Because they watch Foxnews, and the community is an echo chamber.

What they hear/believe right now is that the Left wants to change their community "identity" and wants to fire (defund) the police. Trump has flat out said he wants to preserve suburban "identity".

The more unrest we observe, the more their fears will drive their decision, instead of their logic. Fear will overcome common sense and decency every time. Once again, Trump is preying on peoples fear to create division. It is the only way he can win.

As all of his advisors say, unrest/violence/division leads to more Trump support. So he will push for move unrest and division, that is exactly what he is doing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:53:08 AM by forgetful »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2020, 11:10:16 AM »
Uhhhhhh, really? I get that that is your hope, but what in the last 4 years leads you to believe this is the remotest of possibilities?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2020, 11:10:47 AM »
The more unrest we observe, the more their fears will drive their decision, instead of their logic. Fear will overcome common sense and decency every time. Once again, Trump is preying on peoples fear to create division. It is the only way he can win.

You're not giving him enough credit. He also can win by torpedoeing the U.S. Postal Service to keep people from voting during the pandemic he helped make worse with his horrific response.

"Fear, anger, hate, racism and total disregard for others' well-being. Trump/Pence 2020!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »
I agree with this.

You have a far higher regard for the average American's ability to apply reason and logic than I do.

Right now, Trump is saying everything that is happening under his watch is actually Biden's fault. Despite Trump being President, and despite an avalanche of video and electronic evidence that Trump is fanning the flames, he attempts to shift the blame and claims what is happening NOW is what will happen if Biden gets elected.

And his mindless horde swallows it whole.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2020, 11:39:36 AM »
Have a great day folks.  I will be praying for you. Peace!  :-*

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »

What world do you live in?

He has already defended the white murderer.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2020, 11:54:59 AM »
You have a far higher regard for the average American's ability to apply reason and logic than I do.

Right now, Trump is saying everything that is happening under his watch is actually Biden's fault. Despite Trump being President, and despite an avalanche of video and electronic evidence that Trump is fanning the flames, he attempts to shift the blame and claims what is happening NOW is what will happen if Biden gets elected.

And his mindless horde swallows it whole.

Not quite.

I agree with above.

Trump is saying this is the result of the left. And Biden winning would be more of the left.

Which is funny because most actual left don't like Biden since he's more of a 90s moderate Republican

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #591 on: September 01, 2020, 11:55:04 AM »
I hope to learn more about the people in the dark shadows and the shady characters in black uniforms packing commercial airliners.

Biden and AOC have overthrown the leadership of Homeland Security and the TSA, so they not only allow these people on planes, but actually are out recruiting them.

Open your eyes, Pakuni!!!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #592 on: September 01, 2020, 11:57:11 AM »
You underestimate the number of suburban voters that fear that liberal policies may forment the same type of riots/unrest you are seeing on TV. They like their police to identify and remove "others" not part of their community.

I disagree, Forgetful.

These are smart women in the suburbs who want change. Not HS dropouts who believe trump is the 2nd coming.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2020, 11:59:50 AM »

Right now they associate the riots with the liberal "others". To them, Biden/Harris/the Left are supporters of what they fear, and that Trump is trying to fight it. Why? Because they watch Foxnews, and the community is an echo chamber.

What they hear/believe right now is that the Left wants to change their community "identity" and wants to fire (defund) the police. Trump has flat out said he wants to preserve suburban "identity".

As all of his advisors say, unrest/violence/division leads to more Trump support. So he will push for move unrest and division, that is exactly what he is doing.

I don't think it's a winning strategy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/trump-accentuating-his-weakness/615910/

"Yet Trump is now determinedly forcing the national conversation back to the topic on which he fares worst. His words the past two days show why it tends to backfire. Even Americans who might be rattled by the prospect of rioting, and therefore susceptible to a more disciplined (if no less practically racist) argument from Trump, react poorly to the things he actually says when he tries to seize the moment of political opportunity."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
I was reminded in a conversation that even Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote after 2 years into the Great Depression.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
Biden and AOC have overthrown the leadership of Homeland Security and the TSA, so they not only allow these people on planes, but actually are out recruiting them.

Open your eyes, Pakuni!!!
While your theory is nice, it fails to address the rampant child sex ring/cannibalism that is the real problem.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2020, 12:45:56 PM »
I disagree, Forgetful.

These are smart women in the suburbs who want change. Not HS dropouts who believe trump is the 2nd coming.

I only stated what I did, because I was honestly lectured by people in my neighborhood yesterday, that Trump might be a "royal jackass" (quoted with their exact words), but the alternative is to let our streets burn with no police in sight.

There is an audience for this message/argument, and some are listening. No idea if it is a winning strategy or not, just essentially conveying the message I heard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »
So I should rename the thread to Trump vs Biden and lock it?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »
So I should rename the thread to Trump vs Biden and lock it?

Yes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2020, 01:39:04 PM »
Encourage and demonstrate mask-wearing would go a long way for me personally

I agree with this 100%
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"