[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021  (Read 10185 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »
Every time you post here, you literally are proving Fluffy's point about white fragility.
The need to convince a bunch of anonymous internet people that you don't see color (a blatant lie ... we all see color). The insistence that you have no issues. The whataboutism. The deflection. The aggrievement.
These are the very elements of white fragility. You are the case study.
Thank you for making my point.

Also, I NEVER said I don't see color. That is a complete lie.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
Do the lives of business owners on Michigan Ave. matter? Does the life of the Wendy's franchisee in Atlanta, whose store got burned down, matter? Or, is this just necessary destruction needed to facilitate the revolution? Hate has no home here, aina?

No they don't Doc. 

What's odd is why the revolution feels it needs to destroy the property of people they don't even know.  People that had nothing to do with the cause of their outrage.

If protestors really want to create change, and vent their frustrations, they should look no further than to their elected officials in their cities.  Oddly, they vote those people in at a rate of 9 to 1.  Cities are run by liberals.  Minneapolis is among the most liberal cities in America, and there continue to be these incidents.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2020, 10:53:22 AM »
There's no problem in Chicago or Portland. What you see on television is simply propaganda, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »

Seems like a lot of people need a hug today. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »
There's no problem in Chicago or Portland. What you see on television is simply propaganda, hey?

If Black Lives Matter is responsible for the looting, conservatives are responsible for El Paso and Charlottesville.
Personally, I don't believe either are responsible for the criminal actions of unaffiliated parties, but if you insist on making such connections, make them both ways. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
I wouldn't call it fragility.  I'd call it incredulousness.  I am astounded when I encounter idiocy.  Unfortunately, there is so much of it put forth here by you, Wades (BLM), MU82, Pakuni, Brewcity.  A sampling:

- Guys who thought Derrick Wilson was a better PG option than Junior Cadougan.

- Guys who thought Wojo was the goods, and would lead us to Duke like success once he had "all his guys."

- Guys who thought Larry Williams was the sh$t, and didn't think he was running off Buzz.

- And now woke White "men" who ultimately submit to narratives put forth by radical groups such as BLM, without so much as questioning cause/effect nor being assertive enough to actually attempt to foster a two-sided debate.  BLM wants nothing to do with having a real conversation about race in America.

This is where we're going now? From a guy who ...

- Thought that Magic Dawson was the PG answer for a high-major school.

- Thought that Magic Dawson was a better college basketball player than Rowsey.

- Insisted that a perfectly executed play that helped pull out a miracle victory was stupidly designed.

- Bragged that he knows more about basketball than anybody else because he allegedly dunked in a high school game.

- And now is an extremely un-woke and resentful racist who actually thinks Obama having been elected "proves" that there is no systemic racism in America.

Maybe launch into another diatribe about how all those filthy Black folks have made life unlivable for you, Ners. That one was particularly non-racist of you!

Black Lives Matter. We Are Marquette.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2020, 11:03:10 AM »
Reread what I said and your first question is answered.

And I love that you and warriorpilot love to flaunt your donations lol. I bet it makes you feel great to donate money just so you can tell everyone how much money you donate. Those are the best kinds of people.

Go ahead and repost what you said, and how it answered the question.  You put forth the statement that there are rules in place to suppress minorities success in this country.  I want to know, what, specific rules those are.

I don't donate anything.  Never said I did.  But I at least put some money into the pockets of minorities through my business - which of course you tried to dismiss and ridicule.  You?  You haven't done that, and clearly, you aren't even donating any of your salary to causes/charities for communities of color.  So, per usual, all you are is a blowhard loudmouth full of hot air and no substance. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
Go ahead and repost what you said, and how it answered the question.  You put forth the statement that there are rules in place to suppress minorities success in this country.  I want to know, what, specific rules those are.

I don't donate anything.  Never said I did.  But I at least put some money into the pockets of minorities through my business - which of course you tried to dismiss and ridicule.  You?  You haven't done that, and clearly, you aren't even donating any of your salary to causes/charities for communities of color.  So, per usual, all you are is a blowhard loudmouth full of hot air and no substance. 

Lol okay I will. Now maybe you’ll slow down and reread it? I know you’re all amped up to tell people you aren’t racist so you want to get typing. But what I said is the exact opposite of what you claim.

Thank you for your service though.

Seriously. What a clown lol.

Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

“I employed black people. I can’t be racist.”

“We have no rules in this country that suppress the chances of success for minorities. Racism doesn’t exist in this country!”

Just plain ignorant.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »
Happy Sunday everyone.

Despite any outrage, BE teams are still gonna wear the BLM patch.  That's all.  I feel sorry for you if you can't support it.