[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021  (Read 10187 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »
Just how many accounts is Cheeks running these days?
Depends on beers available.
Goal is National Championship

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »
Who said it was ok? Read the actual post.

Sorry, your post was a lame deflection. The fact that there is ethnic discrimination south of the border is wholly irrelevant to a discussion of racial discrimination in the United States.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2020, 10:30:34 PM »
Odd that hundreds of thousands of brown people try to immigrate into America legally (or illegally) given all of this stated "prejudice, discrimination, and oppression."  Why do you think so many try to immigrate here?

Because they're poor and hungry.
People would rather face discrimination than starvation and death.  That was true of the Irish and Italians in the 19th century and it's true of people across the globe today.
Way to set the bar high.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 11:28:45 PM »
Odd that hundreds of thousands of brown people try to immigrate into America legally (or illegally) given all of this stated "prejudice, discrimination, and oppression."  Why do you think so many try to immigrate here?

This is 2020, not 1965.  Affirmative action was implemented some time ago.  There are grants and loans available for minorities only to start businesses.  America has elected a Black President. 

Pounding the narrative of America being oppressive to people of color in this day and age is suspect at best, given the millions of thriving "brown" immigrants in America today.

So you're going with the inequality in this country is actually against WHITE people?

Lol.  Ignorance is bliss.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2020, 12:16:54 AM »
So you're going with the inequality in this country is actually against WHITE people?

It's odd, but I read Elon's post several times and did not get this impression.  You see when you always look at things through the lens of race, guess what, you always see race.  As a suggestion, you might want to change your glasses or at the very least, sometimes look at life without glasses on.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »
It's odd, but I read Elon's post several times and did not get this impression.  You see when you always look at things through the lens of race, guess what, you always see race.  As a suggestion, you might want to change your glasses or at the very least, sometimes look at life without glasses on.
But of course you wouldn't.
Goal is National Championship

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2020, 01:52:44 AM »

https://youtu.be/YvIVSe8VH0w

You know what, people sometimes just want to be treated like people.  Nothing more, nothing less.
[/quote]

Great clip, thank you.
The message is very, very difficult to convey because our society is segregated.
The white liberal is living in a theory, but not living in a real world.  They mean well, but don't have a clue.

I worked for 25 years in an office which was half Afro-American.
Some people in the office liked me some didn't, l liked some people and didn't care for some people.  There were white people who didn't mix well with other white people, some blacks who didn't mix with other Afro-Americans very well.

I live in a very segregated town, perhaps one or two Afro-American families.  The well meaning liberal/progressives have no idea what being black, acting black, being a conservative black, being a southern black, or a racist black, or a black muslim, or a black intelectual, or a black dreadlock wearing person is about.  Why?  Because we are segregated.

Therefore, they just see color, not the person, because they don't know any real, live, feeling, working, playing, laughing, crying, black people.

The military, the post office, the hospital, the government, sports is where we have integration.

I love the white guys who say, why don't the brothers act more white?
I wish we would all say, why don't we all act more human.

And BTW, cops who shoot unarmed people are nothing more than thugs, bullies, and cowards.
Cops who drive around with laydown weapons are criminals.
Cops who kill people in custody are criminals.  A disproportinate number of these atrocities happen to black people, that is why BLM..........

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 07:23:48 AM »
White fragility on full display here on Scoop.

Maybe these players should have attended a different school.  Significant portions of our alumni base have ridiculed and misrepresented something that is important to them, instead of trying to understand further.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2020, 07:31:55 AM »
I need more popcorn for this thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
I need more popcorn for this thread.

I'll swing by with a large bucket, r.c.

Maybe we can be joined by a few of our "Afro-American" friends, who no doubt feel great about racism being cured because "America has elected a Black President."

Not sure I'll feel like socializing, though. As a middle-aged white man in America, I am very depressed due to the oppression we all face every day. For hundreds and hundreds of years in this country, the white man hasn't been able to get a single break.

Ners has it right. Y'all don't know what it's like, being male, middle-class and white.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2020, 08:23:10 AM »
White fragility on full display here on Scoop.

Maybe these players should have attended a different school.  Significant portions of our alumni base have ridiculed and misrepresented something that is important to them, instead of trying to understand further.
Shut down this racist crap now.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2020, 08:24:32 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2020, 08:24:52 AM »

Ahh the whole “I don’t see color” thing. Nice.

He straight up talked about grants that people of color can get. So hey look, not only is this not 1965 anymore, we’ve come so far that black people get things white people can’t. It’s crazy how well we treat minorities in this country!

But he said nothing about race.   :o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:27:21 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2020, 08:28:58 AM »

https://youtu.be/YvIVSe8VH0w

You know what, people sometimes just want to be treated like people.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Great clip, thank you.
The message is very, very difficult to convey because our society is segregated.
The white liberal is living in a theory, but not living in a real world.  They mean well, but don't have a clue.

I worked for 25 years in an office which was half Afro-American.
Some people in the office liked me some didn't, l liked some people and didn't care for some people.  There were white people who didn't mix well with other white people, some blacks who didn't mix with other Afro-Americans very well.

I live in a very segregated town, perhaps one or two Afro-American families.  The well meaning liberal/progressives have no idea what being black, acting black, being a conservative black, being a southern black, or a racist black, or a black muslim, or a black intelectual, or a black dreadlock wearing person is about.  Why?  Because we are segregated.

Therefore, they just see color, not the person, because they don't know any real, live, feeling, working, playing, laughing, crying, black people.

The military, the post office, the hospital, the government, sports is where we have integration.

I love the white guys who say, why don't the brothers act more white?
I wish we would all say, why don't we all act more human.

And BTW, cops who shoot unarmed people are nothing more than thugs, bullies, and cowards.
Cops who drive around with laydown weapons are criminals.
Cops who kill people in custody are criminals.  A disproportinate number of these atrocities happen to black people, that is why BLM..........

I agree with all you said. Unfortunately the paragraph highlighted in red
are the only black lives that matter to black lives that matter which to me questions their sincerity that all black lives do matter. I wish it were so.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2020, 08:31:32 AM »
Kindness is everything, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »
are the only black lives that matter to black lives that matter which to me questions their sincerity that all black lives do matter. I wish it were so.

A lie repeated a thousand times ... is still a lie.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 09:12:08 AM »

Who says that only black lives matter?

The problem, as I see it, is that blacks are being killed by police more than white people.  Adjust for anything, demographics, class, per capita, and black people are disproportionally killed more. 

Now if the police start killing white people, unarmed white people, things might change.  Until then, which would be another totalitarian issue, BLM.   The fact that I even wrote that comment is embarrissing and very sad.

There are many issues on the table this year.   Getting the criminal justice system under control is a priority.

No justice no peace is the mantra. 

So the future is civil unrest or change and peace.  I may have to become an expatriate.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 09:13:29 AM »
Shut down this racist crap now.

WhiteTrash
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
Calling someone a racist is the saddest and most common response for someone who does not want to debate facts. Grow up.

But seriously,  what was racist about the post you quoted?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »

Nothing.  It is easier to deflect and insult rather than to look inward.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »

Nothing.  It is easier to deflect and insult rather than to look inward.

Bingo.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »

This was not remotely the point being made, yet you through your infinite ability to always see things through the wrong lens (much like your hot takes on Wojo taking MU to Duke-like success by Year 5) you once again have.

An oppressive, discriminatory country, would not offer incentives/loan programs to minorities, implement affirmative action, nor would it have millions of people of color thriving.

I've started a business, hired hundreds of people during that time, and hired many people of color.  Yet, clowns like you, 82, Pak, Fluffy, and the rest of the "woke" whites toss around accusations of someone being racist because they share a different viewpoint.

Your side wants doesn't think POC can succeed in this country due to this climate of oppression, discrimination, etc.  You want to perpetuate that belief among minorities, instead of pointing toward all of the examples of those thriving, and opportunities available to them.  Why?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »
"White fragility" is racist. This world has a racist problem but it is not an evil unique to white people. Maybe I'm different since I work and are friends with people of different races and see how there is racist everywhere.

Police kill more white people than any other race. And yes, black people are more likely to be killed per capita than whites, which is horribly wrong.  Any life lost is a tragedy.

In short, white people are not the problem, racist are and they are spreed across the racial platform.

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »
"White fragility" is racist. This world has a racist problem but it is not an evil unique to white people. Maybe I'm different since I work and are friends with people of different races and see how there is racist everywhere.

Police kill more white people than any other race. And yes, black people are more likely to be killed per capita than whites, which is horribly wrong.  Any life lost is a tragedy.

In short, white people are not the problem, racist are and they are spreed across the racial platform.

White fragility isn't a racist statement.  It describes the defensiveness that some white people engage in when talking about race.

Again, you label it as "racist," and ironically engage in more fragile behavior, instead of confronting the issues at hand.  Very telling.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »
This was not remotely the point being made, yet you through your infinite ability to always see things through the wrong lens (much like your hot takes on Wojo taking MU to Duke-like success by Year 5) you once again have.

An oppressive, discriminatory country, would not offer incentives/loan programs to minorities, implement affirmative action, nor would it have millions of people of color thriving.

I've started a business, hired hundreds of people during that time, and hired many people of color.  Yet, clowns like you, 82, Pak, Fluffy, and the rest of the "woke" whites toss around accusations of someone being racist because they share a different viewpoint.

Your side wants doesn't think POC can succeed in this country due to this climate of oppression, discrimination, etc.  You want to perpetuate that belief among minorities, instead of pointing toward all of the examples of those thriving, and opportunities available to them.  Why?

Yes, but not driving while black.  Not trying to make a few dollard selling cigarettes one at a time to poor people.  Not trying to get a good nights sleep before you go back to EMT Covid work, or not as a kid playing with your toy gun.  Please change the law on police immunity, don't change the subject to business opportunity.

feedback