[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021  (Read 10198 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: BIG EAST basketball will wear BLM patches for 2020-2021
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:54 AM »
This was not remotely the point being made, yet you through your infinite ability to always see things through the wrong lens (much like your hot takes on Wojo taking MU to Duke-like success by Year 5) you once again have.

An oppressive, discriminatory country, would not offer incentives/loan programs to minorities, implement affirmative action, nor would it have millions of people of color thriving.

I've started a business, hired hundreds of people during that time, and hired many people of color.  Yet, clowns like you, 82, Pak, Fluffy, and the rest of the "woke" whites toss around accusations of someone being racist because they share a different viewpoint.

Your side wants doesn't think POC can succeed in this country due to this climate of oppression, discrimination, etc.  You want to perpetuate that belief among minorities, instead of pointing toward all of the examples of those thriving, and opportunities available to them.  Why?

Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

“I employed black people. I can’t be racist.”

“We have no rules in this country that suppress the chances of success for minorities. Racism doesn’t exist in this country!”

Just plain ignorant.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2020, 10:04:50 AM »

I've started a business, hired hundreds of people during that time, and hired many people of color.  Yet, clowns like you, 82, Pak, Fluffy, and the rest of the "woke" whites toss around accusations of someone being racist because they share a different viewpoint.

I think it is clear from your statements that you have, in my opinion, questionable opinions about race.  If that makes you a racist or not, I don't really know.  I just know that I find your statements are at best bizarre and at worst disturbing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2020, 10:10:57 AM »
"White fragility" is racist. This world has a racist problem but it is not an evil unique to white people. Maybe I'm different since I work and are friends with people of different races and see how there is racist everywhere.

Police kill more white people than any other race. And yes, black people are more likely to be killed per capita than whites, which is horribly wrong.  Any life lost is a tragedy.

In short, white people are not the problem, racist are and they are spreed across the racial platform.

Solid post.  Perhaps one day soon we will see some woke Black professor author a book on Black Fragility.  Some Asian professor offer up a book on Asian Fragility.  A Hispanic professor author a book on Hispanic Fragility.  An Indian professor author a book on Indian Fragility.

I look forward to those forthcoming works, and will then dive into all of the Fragility books so I can better understand fragility from the perspective of the liberal mind. 

BTW - It is true more Blacks are killed by police per capita than whites.  However, Blacks also comprise only 13% of the population yet commit 39% of violent crime.  Perhaps this 3x over-indexing of violence is why some police are more wary when encountering Blacks.  You'd like to think that wouldn't impact behavior, yet it seems it may.

It would be constructive for BLM to begin to discuss and try to find solutions to reduce the violent crime rate perpetrated by Blacks, just as police departments are attempting to improve their culture and implement more training.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »
BTW - It is true more Blacks are killed by police per capita than whites.  However, Blacks also comprise only 13% of the population yet commit 39% of violent crime.  Perhaps this 3x over-indexing of violence is why some police are more wary when encountering Blacks.  You'd like to think that wouldn't impact behavior, yet it seems it may.

So in other words "cops have a reason to be racist."  And you wonder why you are labelled.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2020, 10:14:36 AM »
Solid post.  Perhaps one day soon we will see some woke Black professor author a book on Black Fragility.  Some Asian professor offer up a book on Asian Fragility.  A Hispanic professor author a book on Hispanic Fragility.  An Indian professor author a book on Indian Fragility.

I look forward to those forthcoming works, and will then dive into all of the Fragility books so I can better understand fragility from the perspective of the liberal mind. 

No need to read a work.  Just read your posts.

And to be fair, your fragility goes way beyond your views on race.  You're fragile about pretty much anything. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
"White fragility" is racist. This world has a racist problem but it is not an evil unique to white people. Maybe I'm different since I work and are friends with people of different races and see how there is racist everywhere.

Police kill more white people than any other race. And yes, black people are more likely to be killed per capita than whites, which is horribly wrong.  Any life lost is a tragedy.

In short, white people are not the problem, racist are and they are spreed across the racial platform.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, let's change the police culture, the police immunity laws, the police unions, then we can address the other issues.

Are we saying that we will hand out a few jobs to keep blacks quiet and continue to kill them with impunity?  That is what BLM is about.  It isn't aboud affirmative action, desegration of schools,
better housing, clean water, or the right to vote.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

“I employed black people. I can’t be racist.”

“We have no rules in this country that suppress the chances of success for minorities. Racism doesn’t exist in this country!”

Just plain ignorant.

What rules are in place to suppress the chances of success for minorities?  Also, how much money have you put into the pockets of minorities through creating jobs?  What are you doing to improve the quality of life for POC, besides being a loudmouth on a message board? Knowing you aren't an entrepreneur, what percentage of your income/salary are you donating to minority charities/causes/communities?

Talk is cheap, but it is typically all a lightweight has to offer. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2020, 10:18:33 AM »

So in other words "cops have a reason to be racist."  And you wonder why you are labelled.

Bingo.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »

White fragility isn't a racist statement.  It describes the defensiveness that some white people engage in when talking about race.

Again, you label it as "racist," and ironically engage in more fragile behavior, instead of confronting the issues at hand.  Very telling.
You have an anti white agenda. I live in the real world of all races that is great but has some issues.

I have no issues to confront. I was raised to respect everyone of any color or race.

I guess we will agree to disagree.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2020, 10:22:34 AM »
What rules are in place to suppress the chances of success for minorities?  Also, how much money have you put into the pockets of minorities through creating jobs?  What are you doing to improve the quality of life for POC, besides being a loudmouth on a message board? Knowing you aren't an entrepreneur, what percentage of your income/salary are you donating to minority charities/causes/communities?

Talk is cheap, but it is typically all a lightweight has to offer.

Reread the post. You’re so hellbent on telling yourself it’s not your problem that you get so excited to make a counterpoint that matches exactly what I said.

Because you have black friends, black employees, black teammates, etc. does not mean you can’t be a racist.

But hey, a lot of people being “cancelled” by the Me Too movement hire females. They can’t be sexist or harass females, they’re giving females a living!

Get a clue.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2020, 10:30:00 AM »
I have no issues to confront. I was raised to respect everyone of any color or race.

Fragility at its finest.

And I don't have an "anti-white" agenda.  So silly.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2020, 10:31:06 AM »
Is someone going to be wearing a patch? I came here because something about this thread made me think there was going to be a patch, but found something else.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2020, 10:32:55 AM »
BTW - It is true more Blacks are killed by police per capita than whites.  However, Blacks also comprise only 13% of the population yet commit 39% of violent crime.

Why is this the case?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »

No need to read a work.  Just read your posts.

And to be fair, your fragility goes way beyond your views on race.  You're fragile about pretty much anything.

I wouldn't call it fragility.  I'd call it incredulousness.  I am astounded when I encounter idiocy.  Unfortunately, there is so much of it put forth here by you, Wades (BLM), MU82, Pakuni, Brewcity.  A sampling:

- Guys who thought Derrick Wilson was a better PG option than Junior Cadougan.

- Guys who thought Wojo was the goods, and would lead us to Duke like success once he had "all his guys."

- Guys who thought Larry Williams was the sh$t, and didn't think he was running off Buzz.

- And now woke White "men" who ultimately submit to narratives put forth by radical groups such as BLM, without so much as questioning cause/effect nor being assertive enough to actually attempt to foster a two-sided debate.  BLM wants nothing to do with having a real conversation about race in America.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2020, 10:37:25 AM »
I stand with Theo. And like he said, if you can't support him in this, don't bother supporting him on the court.

If you want to spew racist memes like All Lives Matter, go find yourself some other, more racist team and league to support.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »
I wouldn't call it fragility.  I'd call it incredulousness.  I am astounded when I encounter idiocy.  Unfortunately, there is so much of it put forth here by you, Wades (BLM), MU82, Pakuni, Brewcity.  A sampling:

- Guys who thought Derrick Wilson was a better PG option than Junior Cadougan.

- Guys who thought Wojo was the goods, and would lead us to Duke like success once he had "all his guys."

- Guys who thought Larry Williams was the sh$t, and didn't think he was running off Buzz.

- And now woke White "men" who ultimately submit to narratives put forth by radical groups such as BLM, without so much as questioning cause/effect nor being assertive enough to actually attempt to foster a two-sided debate.  BLM wants nothing to do with having a real conversation about race in America.

But hey, you employed black people so officially not a racist!

Good job Ners!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2020, 10:40:08 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »
You have an anti white agenda. I live in the real world of all races that is great but has some issues.

Every time you post here, you literally are proving Fluffy's point about white fragility.
The need to convince a bunch of anonymous internet people that you don't see color (a blatant lie ... we all see color). The insistence that you have no issues. The whataboutism. The deflection. The aggrievement.
These are the very elements of white fragility. You are the case study.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2020, 10:41:36 AM »
Fragility at its finest.

And I don't have an "anti-white" agenda.  So silly.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »

Only you in your small mind would perceive that statement in such a way.  Or wait, Wades/BLM too. 

Again, you, like BLM, don't want to have a conversation to foster progress.  There is nothing "racist" about what I posted. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
Do the lives of business owners on Michigan Ave. matter? Does the life of the Wendy's franchisee in Atlanta, whose store got burned down, matter? Or, is this just necessary destruction needed to facilitate the revolution? Hate has no home here, aina?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:46:59 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2020, 10:45:28 AM »
Reread the post. You’re so hellbent on telling yourself it’s not your problem that you get so excited to make a counterpoint that matches exactly what I said.

Because you have black friends, black employees, black teammates, etc. does not mean you can’t be a racist.

But hey, a lot of people being “cancelled” by the Me Too movement hire females. They can’t be sexist or harass females, they’re giving females a living!

Get a clue.

Why didn't you answer my questions?  I'm curious per your statements.

- What rules are in place that suppress minorities being successful?

- How much of your income are you donating to help communities of color?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »

Do you know what white fragility actually is, where the term comes from?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/white-fragility?s=t

the tendency among members of the dominant white cultural group to have a defensive, wounded, angry, or dismissive response to evidence of racism.

I'm sure we can agree that this phenomenon exists. I'm not sure how it could be considered a racist term.

The term was first coined by Robin DeAngelo in 2011. I've read her book, I recommend it if you are curious to learn more.

https://www.amazon.com/White-Fragility-People-About-Racism/dp/0807047414
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:48:29 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »
Why didn't you answer my questions?  I'm curious per your statements.

- What rules are in place that suppress minorities being successful?

- How much of your income are you donating to help communities of color?

Reread what I said and your first question is answered.

And I love that you and warriorpilot love to flaunt your donations lol. I bet it makes you feel great to donate money just so you can tell everyone how much money you donate. Those are the best kinds of people.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2020, 10:48:53 AM »
Do the lives of business owners on Michigan Ave. matter? Does the life of the Wendy's franchisee in Atlanta, whose store got burned down, matter? Or, is this just necessary destruction needed to facilitate the revolution? Hate has no home here, aina?

BLM is responsible for the looters but NRA is not responsible for the shooters, ai’na doc?