'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Coach Killings Commentary On DJ Carton  (Read 10190 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Coach Killings Commentary On DJ Carton
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »
I'll bite.

D.J. Carton will be the best MU point guard since....  Buycks?  Diener?  before Diener? 
Derrick Wilson (sorry Ners)?  John Dawson (you're welcome Ners)?

Markus Howard

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 01:49:23 PM »
I'll bite.

D.J. Carton will be the best MU point guard since....  Buycks?  Diener?  before Diener? 
Derrick Wilson (sorry Ners)?  John Dawson (you're welcome Ners)?

I would probably say Markus Howard, though I know traditionalists don't consider him a PG.

If we're talking pure PG, my hope would be Dominic James or Travis Diener. If he can be better than James in terms of total game contribution, that would be incredible. In their time here, Buycks, Cadougan, and Derrick were all roughly replacement level players. Did some things well, did other things poorly, didn't individually kill the team but also didn't lift it. I'm hoping Carton will be more than that.

Looking back, before Rowsey (2nd team) and Howard (2nd, 1st, 1st), Dominic James in 2008 was the last time Marquette's point guard was on an All-Big East team. It would be nice to see Carton there in 2020-21. Though honestly, it would be nice just to see a season in 2020-21.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
I would probably say Markus Howard, though I know traditionalists don't consider him a PG.

If we're talking pure PG, my hope would be Dominic James or Travis Diener. If he can be better than James in terms of total game contribution, that would be incredible. In their time here, Buycks, Cadougan, and Derrick were all roughly replacement level players. Did some things well, did other things poorly, didn't individually kill the team but also didn't lift it. I'm hoping Carton will be more than that.

Looking back, before Rowsey (2nd team) and Howard (2nd, 1st, 1st), Dominic James in 2008 was the last time Marquette's point guard was on an All-Big East team. It would be nice to see Carton there in 2020-21. Though honestly, it would be nice just to see a season in 2020-21.

I guess I am a traditionalist, I do make a distinction between playing the point guard position and playing point guard.  I can't believe that I overlooked Dominic James who excelled on defense and at running the offense.  It's probably because the way his shooting deteriorated over time did cause me some mental anguish.

It'd be awesome if Carton plays at that level.  It'd be asking a lot for him to equal James on the defensive end, but he has the talent to be better than good there.  If he can get the ball to Lewis, Dawson, Cain, and McEwan (heck maybe even Theo with a good wrist) where they are in their comfort zone offensively it'll be exciting to watch.  Being a threat to shoot as well (rather than being THE threat) is a nice plus.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:39:28 PM by 4everDawson »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »
I guess I am a traditionalist, I do make a distinction between playing the point guard position and playing point guard.  I can't believe that I overlooked Dominic James who excelled on defense and at running the offense.  It's probably because the way his shooting deteriorated over time did cause me some mental anguish.

It'd be awesome if Carton plays at that level.  It'd be asking a lot for him to equal James on the defensive end, but he has the talent to be better than good there.  If he can get the ball to Lewis, Dawson, Cain, and McEwan (heck maybe even Theo with a good wrist) where they are in their comfort zone offensively it'll be exciting to watch.  Being a threat to shoot as well (rather than being THE threat) is a nice plus.

Carton will be our best scoring threat.  And he is also a very good point guard.  But can play the shooting guard as well, I'd guess if he's on the court with Symir.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 08:25:06 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 08:31:04 PM »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 08:43:52 PM »
Maybe time to lighten it up on crean. Guy came on tbt and said nothin but good things. Posting crean sucks every thread is stale

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 07:32:40 PM »
ND sucks

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »
Goal is National Championship

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »
Anyone ever have cellulitis?
Yes. I was hospitalized for about 5 days with it.
No Finish Line

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 05:22:48 PM »
TAMU always has the best ban hammer GIFs. I look forward to them but not enough to get myself banned in which case i would not be able to enjoy them.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:10 AM »
TAMU always has the best ban hammer GIFs. I look forward to them but not enough to get myself banned in which case i would not be able to enjoy them.

Thanks Spaniel. It's a service I'm happy to provide. I can only hope that one day, when the mods inevitably get tired of my know it allness, that someone will give my banning the same exclamation point that I have given so many others.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2020, 06:04:21 AM »
Yes. I was hospitalized for about 5 days with it.

Wow, 5 days?  Did something fall off?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 06:48:40 AM »
I heard they can re-attach stuff to your arm

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
In medical terms, the operation is kalled addadicktome, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »
It was pretty crazy. Started as a severely sprained ankle that blistered allowing the infection. By the time I was admitted it was up my calf. I spent 5 days on IV meds
No Finish Line

feedback