collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Op Ed by Incoming MU Student  (Read 7355 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Excellent Op Ed by Incoming MU Student
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »
“admitted criminal”  because he pleaded guilty.

FTFY
Sorry, but anyone who uses the phrase "Deep State" non-ironically ought never be taken seriously.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2020, 07:54:44 AM »
do we have proof, other than her comments, that MU even threatened to legitimately revoke her admission?

Absolutely none.  This girl is at 14:45 of her fifteen minutes of fame.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2020, 08:05:08 AM »
“admitted criminal” = bc he was critical of his former boss indiscriminately killing Moslems with raids and drone strikes, and just maybe that boss didn’t like someone under him exposing hypocrisy.

And then that same boss advises the incoming administration not to further employ Flynn because he’s “dangerous”  due to harsh anti-Islam statements ....even though HE is the one who criticized Obama for growing the Jihadist insurgency with the aforementioned raids and ever-burgeoning drone strikes against Moslems, including American citizens.

“admitted criminal”= bc the FBI overstepped its bounds and sneakily led him to believe an interview/interrogation was SOP for the FBI when a new administration takes over. They were blatantly trying to trip up the new administration, while silencing someone who could embarrass the former President. As much of an ass as Trump is, a smooth transition/ handoff is always the goal of the outgoing administration. Not this one. Comey has admitted to laughing at how easy it was to grill Flynn.

“admitted criminal”  because he DID have normal talks with Russian emissaries, but was loyal to the President-Elect given the extent to which the media would continue to beat down on his new boss if Flynn admitted discussions. (He was wrong and admitted as much).

By all accounts, Gen Flynn was always a somewhat stoic, well-reasoned General known for prudent, data-driven leadership. What changed recently to make him partisan? Maybe his experiences changed him and lit a fire under and within him. Maybe some things came to light under the employ of the previous administration. Maybe that explains the mysterious disdain Obama had for Flynn.

While I would agree with those who question Flynn’s “folk hero” status, one cannot question his valiant heroism on the battlefield itself. In Grenada, when two fellow soldiers were seen and heard struggling in deep water, Gen Flynn dove off a 40 foot cliff and saved their lives. (I know I know...cue the “easy” war comments).

I’m sorry, but “admitted criminal” holds no water when a phony dossier was created by a corrupt far-reaching deep state to frame an incoming team. Dan Bongino was a left-leaning independent when he started working security detail for Hillary Clinton. Now he posts a daily Twitter message announcing the date and referencing the corruption of his former employers. Hmmm I wonder what persuades these people to become so passionate on the other side?

If one of your kids were unfairly called to the discipline dean’s office because of a personal vendetta against her or even you, would you be quick to agree with the label of “liar” or “criminal” for your kid when he/she refuses to give the ammunition the interrogators want in order to frame you?

Look, I’m not defending the way some fools on the right treated President Obama. He endured downright nasty, racist attacks all the time. He handled everything with dignity. However, if you can’t see the tendency toward misuse of power here, I don’t know what to say.  Using the IRS to punish organizations opposed to your politics?! Using the FBI to spy on a campaign as an insurance policy?!

I wouldn’t wait in a line to get Gen. Michael Flynn’s autograph.
I wouldn’t call him a “criminal” either.

Delusional, or not equipped with facts.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »
What? Of course, has anyone here suggested otherwise?

Also:

Her admission wasn't being reconsidered. She had to have a meeting with a university administrator where he asked her reflective questions about the potential impacts of her words on herself and others. As an employer I would look at her reaction to this and wonder if I would ever be able to give her constructive feedback because instead of reflecting, she is playing the martyr and blaming everyone but herself.

And no, half the country does not find the democratic party offensive. Half the country might lean more to the right then the left (though what that meant yesterday is not the same as it is today), but most moderates and conservatives (and liberals for that matter) I know disagree with but are not offended by someone who has a different political viewpoint then them. But yes, there is a population of snowflakes out there who can't stand someone having a different opinion than them.

Yup.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
People like this (on either side of the aisle) really bother me. She was looking to be a victim before even stepping on campus. She was looking for confrontation. And when she didn't get that she pretended she did.

It is the intellectual equivalent of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09MK6qLPWOg

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
What? Of course, has anyone here suggested otherwise? Also:

Her admission wasn't being reconsidered. She had to have a meeting with a university administrator where he asked her reflective questions about the potential impacts of her words on herself and others. As an employer I would look at her reaction to this and wonder if I would ever be able to give her constructive feedback because instead of reflecting, she is playing the martyr and blaming everyone but herself.

And no, half the country does not find the democratic party offensive. Half the country might lean more to the right then the left (though what that meant yesterday is not the same as it is today), but most moderates and conservatives (and liberals for that matter) I know disagree with but are not offended by someone who has a different political viewpoint then them. But yes, there is a population of snowflakes out there who can't stand someone having a different opinion than them.

Well, when we see an example of a "progressive," "activist," espousing their views on any of climate, BLM, immigration, incarceration - called to meet with a university administrator to reflect and discuss their viewpoints, all will be well and equitable.

This girl shouldn't have to apologize or defend her viewpoint anymore than those who are the "progressive" "activists."  We see how the "activists" respond when they dislike something - mobs, riots, vandalism.  As an employer, I look at that behavior and have to wonder if I could ever provide constructive feedback, because instead of reflecting, they seem to lack emotional fortitude and need to destroy property - subsequently risking having an unhinged progressive damage my business.

Whataboutism.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2020, 12:26:33 PM »
Well, when we see an example of a "progressive," "activist," espousing their views on any of climate, BLM, immigration, incarceration - called to meet with a university administrator to reflect and discuss their viewpoints, all will be well and equitable.

This girl shouldn't have to apologize or defend her viewpoint anymore than those who are the "progressive" "activists."  We see how the "activists" respond when they dislike something - mobs, riots, vandalism.  As an employer, I look at that behavior and have to wonder if I could ever provide constructive feedback, because instead of reflecting, they seem to lack emotional fortitude and need to destroy property - subsequently risking having an unhinged progressive damage my business.

Whataboutism.

This girl never had to apologize for anything.  She's playing the victim when there is no victim.  She spoke her piece.  So did others.  She claims MU is trying to shut her voice down and how wrong that is, and then in the same "article" she claims that MU is being very dangerous for not shutting down the voices of others.  Sadly, you don't get to have it both ways.  Seems like she's not the only person affiliated with MU that doesn't get that.  Sad!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Whataboutism.

Again, you're fighting a battle no one else is fighting. Everyone agrees that if an employer finds out an applicant for one of their positions has committed acts of rioting or vandalism that can and should be used in their hiring decision, no matter what political affiliation they have. That's not what we are talking about here.

I gave you an example earlier in this thread of a liberal student who got called into my office for things he posted online. Again, universities don't give a hoot what political affiliation students have. They do care when students are accused of violating university policies on harassment/discrimination based on a protected class. MU didn't care about the pro-Trump video that this student is so proud of and keeps trying to make this about. MU did care about the alleged racist, homophobic, and transphobic comments she made online that she has been very careful to hide during her prolonged martyrdom. There's a reason why all these articles provide direct links to the video but only make vague allusions to the alleged comments. They want to make this about political affiliation when really it is about comments she made about race, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2020, 12:46:58 PM »
Is Ners posting from a different dimension?  He seems to be attempting to refute points that no one has actually made.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
Perhaps why he empathizes with this soon to be student who has not actually been discriminated against in any way.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »
Perhaps why he empathizes with this soon to be student who has not actually been discriminated against in any way.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:12 PM »
Is Ners posting from a different dimension?  He seems to be attempting to refute points that no one has actually made.

It's tough being the only person to ever have touched a basketball on a basketball fan forum.  He's just a misunderstood soul who is definitely on a much higher dimension than us mere mortals.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2020, 01:32:34 PM »
It seems pretty obvious that if you weren't upset that MU rescinded the WLax incoming student's admission due to racist language in her snapchat then you shouldn't be upset about MU investigating whether this girl made a racist comments as well.

Elonmusk is buying into the narrative it was about the pro trump video, not the allegedly racist remarks made on previous ones.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

Whataboutism.

Someone spiked your kool-aid.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2020, 01:53:07 PM »
Don't let people like ners and Herman spin this in an inaccurate way.

She made a pro trump video including her acceptance to MU that got a lot of attention

A person went through her previous videos that included various remarks that could be taken as homophobic, transphobic, racist, anti immigrant

She got upset that MU brought up social media posts from a long time ago because she was immature (lesson for her: the internet doesn't forget unless you delete and even then it sometimes doesn't)

MU said it'd get back to her ASAP, but then went on vacation for a week.

MU's interview was to find out how she'd react under various circumstances. Aka would she mistreat homosexual, trans, foreign, minority, Or even just liberal students she might be forced to interact in various capacities with around campus?

Ask yourself again, MU rescinded the scholarship of that Lax girl for the racist post, do you think that MU is trying to cover their tracks because twice in a year would be too much or do you think a 17yr old is overreacting to a procedural review of some overly aggressive social media statements she's made throughout high school?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/16/donald-trump-jr/marquette-admission-trump-samantha-pfefferle/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:40:13 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/16/donald-trump-jr/marquette-admission-trump-samantha-pfefferle/

and this quote from that link speaks volumes:
The account on thecollegefix.com — written by a freshman creative-writing student at the University of Wisconsin — summarized the situation as involving a threat to rescind Pfefferle’s admission over her pro-Trump TikTok video. And that’s the narrative that took hold, repeated by numerous media outlets and retweeted by Trump Jr.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:38:14 PM by Spotcheck Billy »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »

Whataboutism.

Hold up.

So you think someone's views on BLM, climate, immigration, etc are equal to views that are racist, trans/homophobic, etc?

From what I understand of the situation, it was this girl's statements along those lines that have upset people. Not her pro-trump/conservative views.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
Hold up.

So you think someone's views on BLM, climate, immigration, etc are equal to views that are racist, trans/homophobic, etc?

From what I understand of the situation, it was this girl's statements along those lines that have upset people. Not her pro-trump/conservative views.

This is what happens when we normalize discrimination as just another political point of view. Dr. Dunkenstein here isn't the first or only person to do this.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2020, 01:12:57 AM »
FTFY
Sorry, but anyone who uses the phrase "Deep State" non-ironically ought never be taken seriously.

Nor should anyone who denies its existence because their confirmation bias won’t let them see truth. 
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 01:35:42 AM »
FTFY

Just for clarification, do you find it odd that State, the FBI, the President, and even a foreign intelligence service acted in concert  to produce a phony document with the intention of framing individuals to create a narrative that implicates a duly elected President?

Sure they didn’t press PLAY on the DeathStar soundtrack, but I’d say it qualifies as a bit of a concerted, unified front to dismiss the results of an election.

I will just head on over to my local Delusional Deplorables twelve step program now.
No I won’t. I actually disapprove of Trump. I disapprove of corruption even more.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2020, 01:50:39 AM »
State, the FBI, the President, and even a foreign intelligence service acted in concert  to produce a phony document with the intention of framing individuals...[snip]...to dismiss the results of an election.

wut?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2020, 07:00:02 AM »
Just for clarification, do you find it odd that State, the FBI, the President, and even a foreign intelligence service acted in concert  to produce a phony document with the intention of framing individuals to create a narrative that implicates a duly elected President?

Source?

There's no such thing as the Deep State. Sorry.
Coincidentally, John Oliver's show this week was all about conspiracy theories, why people are so susceptible to them and how to recognize one. It's worth a watch.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2020, 07:16:04 AM »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »

Sure they didn’t press PLAY on the DeathStar soundtrack, but I’d say it qualifies as a bit of a concerted, unified front to dismiss the results of an election.

I will just head on over to my local Delusional Deplorables twelve step program now.
No I won’t. I actually disapprove of Trump. I disapprove of corruption even more.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »
All of which was run out of the basement of a pizza parlor. Fact.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.