[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oh no, Dwyane  (Read 10367 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Oh no, Dwyane
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »
Context is irrelevant if you are endorsing someone who said the things Nick Cannon said.   

I love D Wade, but this is a huge PR mistake. Deleting the tweet and apologizing is a good start, but yikes was that dumb.
Maybe Wade has LaBum tweeting for him. Sounds like something that hypocrite would tweet.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »
Maybe Wade has LaBum tweeting for him. Sounds like something that hypocrite would tweet.

Who is LaBum?
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 07:29:18 AM »
Who is LaBum?
C'mon man. Open your mind. Not that hard to figure that one out. Enough clues are there.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »
This is 100% correct. I am so tired of people thinking they own what a corporation payed them to create while they were an employee. News flash: You don’t own anything you created while at work.  It’s the same thing as these musicians acting like they own their songs. Once you sign that record deal the label owns the song not the artist, very simple concepts.

Where is Chicos when nick cannon needs him to help argue that he is an “owner”.  As i always told that buffoon, unless u have an agreement or shares... you dont own sh|t!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
I understand that not all contracts are the same, obviously.

Why would Nick complain that he should have control of his "Wild N Out" brand?  Could it be that he gave up the rights to it, when he agreed to terms with Viacom?

What recourse does he have to regain control of the IP after he has apparently given up the rights to said IP?

Without knowing the particulars i am guessing Viacom developed the show and then went looking for a host n then found Cannon.  He worked on the show for a number of years and then developed feelings of entitlement.  Happens all of the time.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 08:55:42 AM »
Without knowing the particulars i am guessing Viacom developed the show and then went looking for a host n then found Cannon.  He worked on the show for a number of years and then developed feelings of entitlement.  Happens all of the time.

Those were rhetorical questions.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 12:27:16 PM »
Who is LaBum?

Odd way to describe a top-two all time player.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »
Odd way to describe a top-two all time player.

Odd way to describe a guy who has had nearly a flawless off the court career, who spends his off seasons creating endless opportunities for under privileged including opening a school in his hometown. 

Yesterday he posted about Breonna Taylor on his Instagram.  He has 68 million followers, that's increadibly powerful.  He recently started a Get Out The Vote PAC.  You may disagree with his politics (I do on some) but I truly admire how he uses his platform for change that he believes in.  And yes, I know about Hong Kong / China.  No one is perfect.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 02:57:27 PM »
Odd way to describe a guy who has had nearly a flawless off the court career, who spends his off seasons creating endless opportunities for under privileged including opening a school in his hometown. 

Yesterday he posted about Breonna Taylor on his Instagram.  He has 68 million followers, that's increadibly powerful.  He recently started a Get Out The Vote PAC.  You may disagree with his politics (I do on some) but I truly admire how he uses his platform for change that he believes in.  And yes, I know about Hong Kong / China.  No one is perfect.   

Im not going to discredit his charity work or how he often uses his platform for good, but Lebron has perhaps the most tightly controlled, crafted, and managed off the court narrative of any modern athlete. There is plenty of shady stuff he was involved in during his Miami days that were swept under the rug or just flat out buried due to cash or favors that conveniently are left out when people talk about his pristine off the court persona. (HGH, affairs, illegitimate kids). Nothing to make him a monster, not like he’s Spreewell or Gilbert Arenas, but enough that it’s always amusing when people use what a perfect off the court guy he is to counter any criticism of him

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 03:27:20 PM »
Im not going to discredit his charity work or how he often uses his platform for good, but Lebron has perhaps the most tightly controlled, crafted, and managed off the court narrative of any modern athlete. There is plenty of shady stuff he was involved in during his Miami days that were swept under the rug or just flat out buried due to cash or favors that conveniently are left out when people talk about his pristine off the court persona. (HGH, affairs, illegitimate kids). Nothing to make him a monster, not like he’s Spreewell or Gilbert Arenas, but enough that it’s always amusing when people use what a perfect off the court guy he is to counter any criticism of him
Learn something new each day, I was not aware of the items in parentheses.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
Nick cannon said people with less melanin have a deficiency I mean what is this shi t. Idk I may be misreading somthing

Louis Farrakhan and Nation of Islam BS.   

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2020, 07:06:06 PM »
Learn something new each day, I was not aware of the items in parentheses.

He is also enamored with Marxism.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2020, 08:22:48 PM »

He is also enamored with Marxism.

Who is?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2020, 08:37:58 PM »
Who is?
He is afraid for Mazos Burgers
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »
He is afraid for Mazos Burgers

He should be.  It gave me diarhhea

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2020, 01:45:43 PM »
We really have a unnatural carnal knowledgeing thread arguing about Nick unnatural carnal knowledgeing Cannon's brand?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2020, 01:47:51 PM »
We really have a unnatural carnal knowledgeing thread arguing about Nick unnatural carnal knowledgeing Cannon's brand?

Yes.

That you resurrected two days after the last post. 

To bitch about its existance. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2020, 01:57:52 PM »
My favorite Cannons:

Billy
Freddie (Boom Boom)
Frank (the PI)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »
Lay off Spree, PJ had that beating coming.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2020, 02:23:32 PM »
My favorite Cannons:

Billy
Freddie (Boom Boom)
Frank (the PI)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2020, 04:18:12 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »

Dude hit the wall hard at age 35, including finishing with 0 HR in 117 AB with the Brewers. He coulda really used some of Bonds' clear.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2020, 04:53:59 PM »

Yes.

That you resurrected two days after the last post. 

To bitch about its existance.

Only check Scoop every couple days. Sorry

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2020, 05:11:59 PM »

Great Player .291 home runs playing for a lousy team and in home stadiums that were not batter friendly. Great arm in the field too. Would be great if the Veterans committee put him in the Hall of Fame.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Great Player .291 home runs playing for a lousy team and in home stadiums that were not batter friendly. Great arm in the field too. Would be great if the Veterans committee put him in the Hall of Fame.

A career .250 hitter. So...no.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow