collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 College Football Thread  (Read 90276 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: 2020-21 College Football Thread
« Reply #775 on: December 30, 2020, 05:58:47 PM »
Looks like the rodents got kinda excited after winning the Condiment Bowl...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1344403576999858176?s=10

😂

Scary stuff. I wouldn’t want to mess with the curse of the Duke’s Mayo Bowl trophy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #776 on: December 30, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
Another turnover by Mertz.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #777 on: December 30, 2020, 08:43:21 PM »
Kyle Trask ... no thanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #778 on: December 30, 2020, 08:47:34 PM »
I think he is missing his top four receivers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #779 on: December 30, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
Scary stuff. I wouldn’t want to mess with the curse of the Duke’s Mayo Bowl trophy.

Don't mess with viscous

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #780 on: December 30, 2020, 10:41:29 PM »
I think he is missing his top four receivers.

Looked like the Gators were missing their 11 top defensive players.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #781 on: December 31, 2020, 12:46:15 AM »
Looked like the Gators were missing their 11 top defensive players.

That’s been their theme all year though.  “We’re gonna just out score you”.  In their 3 losses before this game, they gave up an average of like 42 pts a game. And they had multiple victories where they gave up 30+. Live by the sword, die by the sword

As for Trask, he was bad, yes, but all year he threw to Pitts, who is a projected top 10 pick at TE.  And then Grimes and Toney are both highly ranked WRs who will be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round.  All 3 sat out, plus others.  The top 3 receivers for the Gators tonight all had single digit receptions on the season.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #782 on: December 31, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »
That’s been their theme all year though.  “We’re gonna just out score you”.  In their 3 losses before this game, they gave up an average of like 42 pts a game. And they had multiple victories where they gave up 30+. Live by the sword, die by the sword

As for Trask, he was bad, yes, but all year he threw to Pitts, who is a projected top 10 pick at TE.  And then Grimes and Toney are both highly ranked WRs who will be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round.  All 3 sat out, plus others.  The top 3 receivers for the Gators tonight all had single digit receptions on the season.

Agree. I saw the Gators a couple of times when Trask had his top receivers, and the offense was pretty near unstoppable - good enough that they would usually win even though the defense sucked. Take away a few key weapons and they look like a dumpster fire.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #783 on: December 31, 2020, 01:04:23 PM »

Thanks for this on Trask. I don't follow college football super-closely, but I saw those INTs, each of which was quite poorly thrown. On the pick-6, he stared at his receiver the entire play, a total telegraph job, and the defender easily stepped in front. But absolutely, being without top receivers affects QBs in ways above and beyond throws and catches.

I'm just thinking the Panthers might take a QB, and they obviously aren't getting Lawrence, so I'm looking at the others through process of elimination. Fields is already off my list, and I was thinking Trask was a no-go, too, but I didn't know about the WRs. It is impossible for me to know about the S. Dakota St. guy. And I'm suspicious of the BYU guy. The Panthers have SO many needs other than QB to address that unless the guy is close to a sure thing; right now, I'm hoping they go for OL, LB or CB. Desperately need a TE, too - maybe Pitts!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2020, 01:34:08 PM »
Thanks for this on Trask. I don't follow college football super-closely, but I saw those INTs, each of which was quite poorly thrown. On the pick-6, he stared at his receiver the entire play, a total telegraph job, and the defender easily stepped in front. But absolutely, being without top receivers affects QBs in ways above and beyond throws and catches.

I'm just thinking the Panthers might take a QB, and they obviously aren't getting Lawrence, so I'm looking at the others through process of elimination. Fields is already off my list, and I was thinking Trask was a no-go, too, but I didn't know about the WRs. It is impossible for me to know about the S. Dakota St. guy. And I'm suspicious of the BYU guy. The Panthers have SO many needs other than QB to address that unless the guy is close to a sure thing; right now, I'm hoping they go for OL, LB or CB. Desperately need a TE, too - maybe Pitts!

I REALLY like Zach Wilson from BYU. He looks short at times, but he’s 6’3. He’s got a CANNON, plays the game with swagger, and I really like how he moves in and out/around in the pocket.  Obviously BYU’s schedule was soft, but he made ALOT of plays.

But I think you’re right, Panthers need a lot. They have money sunk into Teddy. Good year to grab a QB later in the draft and see what you got over a bit of time instead of leaping in the first round

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #785 on: December 31, 2020, 02:04:31 PM »
I REALLY like Zach Wilson from BYU. He looks short at times, but he’s 6’3. He’s got a CANNON, plays the game with swagger, and I really like how he moves in and out/around in the pocket.  Obviously BYU’s schedule was soft, but he made ALOT of plays.

Same here. I would take Wilson over Fields in a second.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #786 on: December 31, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »

But I think you’re right, Panthers need a lot. They have money sunk into Teddy. Good year to grab a QB later in the draft and see what you got over a bit of time instead of leaping in the first round

They almost surely will keep Teddy for next season. Money sunk, as you say, and a large cap hit. Of course that also means it could be an ideal time to take a QB who can be groomed for a year.

They can dump Teddy after next season for very little cap consequence, so that would set up a one-year apprentice for the rookie, who also would be there if Teddy gets hurt, followed by the new guy becoming the starter in 2022. But yeah, lots of needs!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #787 on: December 31, 2020, 02:36:33 PM »

Wilson to Bears! Please!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #788 on: December 31, 2020, 04:21:45 PM »
Wilson to Bears! Please!

Unfortunately you have the Patriots and WFT both in the couple picks right before the Bears, assuming both need QBs.  But if he fell to 20, I’d be ECSTATIC...and then blind with rage as the Bears take some random defensive player

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #789 on: December 31, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »
Nice to see Tulsa and Mississippi State exchange New Years well-wishes after their bowl game.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/massive-brawl-breaks-out-at-end-of-armed-forces-bowl-between-mississippi-state-and-tulsa/

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #790 on: January 01, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »
If anyone is looking for an outdoor football game, on grass, with fully painted end zones, the Orange Bowl will have it for you.

• All American
« Reply #791 on: January 01, 2021, 02:14:46 PM »
If anyone is looking for an outdoor football game, on grass, with fully painted end zones, the Orange Bowl will have it for you.

Doesn’t play until tomorrow though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #792 on: January 01, 2021, 02:21:06 PM »
Doesn’t play until tomorrow though.

#patienceisavirtue
#trusttheprocess
#BeTheOne 🔥

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #793 on: January 01, 2021, 02:32:58 PM »
Bad clock management by Cincinnati so far. They’re trying to run the clock but keep snapping it with about 10 on the play clock.

• All American
« Reply #794 on: January 01, 2021, 02:43:56 PM »
Bad clock management by Cincinnati so far. They’re trying to run the clock but keep snapping it with about 10 on the play clock.

Then threw an incomplete pass on third and short.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #795 on: January 01, 2021, 02:48:38 PM »
Then threw an incomplete pass on third and short.

And then called a timeout on defense when the clock was running and Georgia was in panic mode.

Add it all up, and it cost them the game....

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #796 on: January 01, 2021, 02:49:31 PM »
Cincy looked good all game but when it counted they couldn’t run out the clock properly.

• All American
« Reply #797 on: January 01, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
Cincy looked good all game but when it counted they couldn’t run out the clock properly.

Their second half offense was terrible. One long run on the first play of the half then 25 yards for the rest of the game. Didn’t look like they were overlooked for the playoffs. Georgia was the fourth best SEC team.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #798 on: January 01, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »

Meh.

Georgia completely dominated the entire second half aside from the long run to start it for Cincy.

Georgia just had their own struggles of punching it in. But they were the only team moving the ball consistently in the 2nd half.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #799 on: January 01, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »
Kelly wins the toss and takes the ball but ND gets stopped right away. Bama then goes through the ND defense with ease.

7-0 Tide ... and counting.

feedback